• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

49 games - records are bound to end

A

Anonymous

jeromelee said:
I agree that it was bound to happen. Come on people, we broke the record by 5 games. That's pretty decent. I don't understand why everyone is saying Manure "Broke" Arsenal's record, when they clearly did not. They did "End" our unbeaten run but no way in hell did they "Break" it. That's just a load a bull.

However, I still hate to say it, but why Manure of all bloody teams. And why a penalty for Diverboi again. Oh yah, forgot to mention that they have a new diverboi with the innocent look of Shrek.

I just hope the boys bounce back. Show em we're not rattled by this defeat.

who is saying they broke arsenal's record? I'm yet to see such a comment anywhere

Canuck

Established Member
We played the better match of football, and we can take this lesson away from the match.

ManU were scared of us today...they might not be as scared now, but they were seriously worried for a bit there.

Oh ya, good luck in the Champs League if you resort to diving and kicking at the opposition every time you play a superior team... :roll:

quattro

Mind you, I must remind them that at the end of the season when our unbeaten sequence ended, we did win the European Cup.

Aye. And the season after that.

-Brian Clough

Florida Gooner

quattro said:
Mind you, I must remind them that at the end of the season when our unbeaten sequence ended, we did win the European Cup.

Aye. And the season after that.

-Brian Clough

Aye, lad. May our fortunes be the same.

oObcOo

Maybe its a good thing the streak ended. Now they can play the games without thinking of the streak. The winning streak could be a burden imo.

MAK

By the way I think our record is actually 2 defeats in the last 60 that's sixty, six oh, SIXTY leagues games. Fanf******tastic.

Well played the Gunners.

A

Anonymous

When Nottingham Forest lost their record, they won the European Cup.

Not that I'm tempting fate.

Henry's Girl

Though I was expecting lots of "sack wenger" threads but this thread has lifted my soul. I LOVE U ALL AND I ****ING LOVE ARSENAL ;D

BRING ON MAN CITY

Allyboy

Established Member
We have 3 more aspects to overcome too:

1) We have never won the Charity Shield and gone on to win the league.

2) We have never won the Premiership in a season we lost to Man Utd

3) We have never won the league with a blue away kit

Just to play devils advocate and all :wink:

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
TBH Id've been more disppointed if United outplayed us, but this match just proves to me that we are still a far superior footballing force.
Times like this make me proud to be an Arsenal fan. We can all be proud of what the team has achieved, and look forward to more fantastic FOOTBALL (are you watching United?) in the future.

Shomo

yeah,despite we lost a game against our bitter rivals :x , am very proud of what professor wenger has done, and am very confident that we are still going for the strong challenge for the title and win ;D

henrys cat

So Proud of the Arsenal and the gooner boys. it is such a good day to be a gooner. It was really strange after the match i told a few mancs to **** off and then i just felt so warm inside me. It was a glowing sense of pride and joy at the realisation that the amazing ride was over. And what a ride it was, i have enjoyed every last minute of it and i have had the privilige to witness the invincibles make it 49 matches unbeaten playing 49 matces of sheer class. We got beaten at Old Trafford's Theatre of Glumness by a hilghy dubious penalty given by an equally bent ref, then a 92nd minute goal they nicked right at the death. Well so what, they set out to cheat and kick us off the park and they shall go down in history as the team who stopped the mighty Arsenal express by cowerdly means. Anyway enough talk about them.

Well done lads youve no idea how much you all rocked our worlds and to Arsène Wenger, Well i dont need to say anything because you already know your the best manager out there and definately 100 times the gentleman and scholar that old purple face is.

Were back on 0 matches unbeaton now with only another 50 to go to beat the record. Ive started the counting now, we should reach that goal into our first season at AG (what a buzz).

p.s. Well done to the man who threw the soup.

A

Anonymous

Allyboy said:
We have 3 more aspects to overcome too:

1) We have never won the Charity Shield and gone on to win the league.

2) We have never won the Premiership in a season we lost to Man Utd

3) We have never won the league with a blue away kit

Just to play devils advocate and all :wink:
Heh, true.

But each time we've been involved in a fracas (last season, Newcastle at THOF 2001/02 - can anyone tell me of a fracas in 1997/98 ) we went on to win the League, if not the Double.

Also, the last time we had an "injustice" over a bogey team (v Liverpool FA Cup Final, Man Utd this season), we cast the evil eye back on them.

Note: The above stats are unconfirmed. ;)

Feanor

Established Member
Good to see no one is over reacting to the loss. I won't see the game until Wednesday but it sounds like "we was robbed!" (http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3107992). Of well, time to move and maybe this will put a little fire in our players for the rest of the season.

49 games unbeaten is a great run and now we can sit back and watch everyone jump on the manure bandwagon while we win it again! :mrgreen:

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom