• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mancheater City: 115

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

How we created almost nothing and were lucky to win it on double deflected goal in 90 minute. I think Kovacic is passed it and Ode outplayed him as he should but they had all of the ball; it was by no way a dominant Ode performance

:lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Paqueta is average as **** - what do you guys see in him ffs? He would be riding the bench here.

I think he's sick.

Don't think he earned the City move off that back of that one season as he had to prove himself a bit more, but he was always the star of that West Ham midfield.

Said it during the Rice pursuit, so whilst I didn't see City coming so soon I'm not surprised.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I think he's sick.

Don't think he earned the City move off that back of that one season as he had to prove himself a bit more, but he was always the star of that West Ham midfield. Said it during the Rice pursuit.

Tbf I'm basing my opinion of him from his WC and West Ham games vs us; bang average. I heard he had a pretty decent run in the back end of last season but man...110m is taking the piss.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Tbf I'm basing my opinion of him from his WC and West Ham games vs us; bang average. I heard he had a pretty decent run in the back end of last season but man...110m is taking the piss.

He was inconsistent but grew into the season, @Dokaka had a more accurate summary of his debut season that I agreed with.

I think all these man are overpriced, Caicedo included. I had to cope and talk myself up for the Rice one all summer and after looking at him at pre season my gut feeling seemed correct. 50-60 mil player (not Rice fault).

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

The fees are what they are but make no mistake, Paqueta under Pep would be talked about as a world class midfielder not even halfway through the season. He is borderline perfect for that brand of football.

Almost no flaws in his game, very tidy on the ball, puts in a shift, great dribbler and good eye for a pass.

He's one of the main reasons I hate we have Moyes as a manager - he's wasted, more so than Dec even was. He's clearly a CL quality player trying to fits his game into a Brexit style long ball fiesta and thus he struggled early, but was clearly the 2nd best player on our team towards the end of the season.

I'm willing to bet everything I have on that if he goes to City, the general consensus on Paqueta 6-12 months from now is that he's top class.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
A team that loves to win with elite mentality. How envious.

They need to aim to dominate Europe like Real Madrid in the last decade, Liverpool in the late 70's/80's, Ajax/Bayern in the 70's and Ac Milan in the late 80's/early 90's.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
ah so he won't suddenly appear againt us in few months? that good seem every team has serious injury.

Man city will miss him he difficult to replace so Fondese need to step up

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
90m or 110m is a joke either way but what PL transfer isn't hideously overpriced these days.

Was a big fan of Paqueta when he moved to Milan, lost his way a bit after his first season and never really found consistency afterwards in Italy at Lyon or for West Ham. Don't think he'll deliver on his early promise but there's definitely a player in there.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Manchester City released this statement: "Guardiola has been suffering with severe back pain for some time lately, and flew out to Barcelona for emergency surgery performed by Dr Mireia Illueca. The surgery was a success, and Pep will now recover and rehabilitate in Barcelona.

"In his absence, assistant manager Juanma Lillo will oversee coaching of the first team on the training field and will assume duties on the touchline until Pep’s return. He is expected to return after the forthcoming international break.

"Everyone at Manchester City wishes Pep a speedy recovery, and look forward to seeing him back in Manchester soon."

What matches will Guardiola miss?​

Here is the list of the matches Man City boss Pep Guardiola will miss while he is recovering:
  • 27 August, Premier League vs Sheffield United
  • 2 September, Premier League vs Fulham
The club say he is expected to return after the international break which would see him back for their league match against West Ham on 16 September.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom