• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mancheater City: 115

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
They're taking the fun out of the league for me. I like the analogy of how Pep is playing real life FM, it's hit the nail on the head. They've spent an atrocious amount of money over the past couple years and basically get whoever the f*ck they want as a result, and that takes the challenge of managing a team away. X isn't good enough? Let's bin him and buy superstar Y for upwards of 50mil! It's no surprise to see them blowing teams away, it'd be a travesty for them to do anything less. Everyone else is left to battle among themselves with teams that have actual challenges to overcome.

It isn't nice seeing how they have affected the transfer market either. How it affects Arsenal aside, this just isn't good for the sport, it feels icky and wrong. When I think about just how much money is being thrown around and what that means, I want to vomit.
They're doing what Chelsea did in the early noughties. Football has been ruined since then really.

They're taking the fun out of the league for me. I like the analogy of how Pep is playing real life FM, it's hit the nail on the head. They've spent an atrocious amount of money over the past couple years and basically get whoever the f*ck they want as a result, and that takes the challenge of managing a team away. X isn't good enough? Let's bin him and buy superstar Y for upwards of 50mil! It's no surprise to see them blowing teams away, it'd be a travesty for them to do anything less. Everyone else is left to battle among themselves with teams that have actual challenges to overcome.

It isn't nice seeing how they have affected the transfer market either. How it affects Arsenal aside, this just isn't good for the sport, it feels icky and wrong. When I think about just how much money is being thrown around and what that means, I want to vomit.
I'd put money on you being of the view that Arsenal should spend to achieve too.

It's not our fault that you don't. You should be pointing your bitterness at Kroenke, not us, blame the game, not the player.

Which side used to have the nickname, 'Bank of England' club, by the way? Just asking....

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Not only that the original oil money now hoards young players to sell on for profit as a business . Surprised the FA has done nothing about this , nearly a whole generation of real talent is in the process of being lost , then people complain about the lack of talent coming through .

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

That's a blatant lie.

They have had two or three 'sugar daddies' throughout their history.

We are guilty of spending money, we were outspending clubs way before the Abramovich era and we have no right to complain against the sugar daddy clubs.

However, what brings me great pride is that the foundation of our club wasn't built upon being a plastic, soulless, corrupt club without any history such as your insignificant club.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
We are guilty of spending money, we were outspending clubs way before the Abramovich era and we have no right to complain against the sugar daddy clubs.

However, what brings me great pride is that the foundation of our club wasn't built upon being a plastic, soulless, corrupt club without any history such as your insignificant club.
I take great pride in Arsenal in being neither of your clubs.

Your club is though as soulless as it gets now after Fergusson is gone.

BobP

Memri Fan
@A Lighter Shade of Blue

Just be grateful that those Qatari slave drivers decided to set up camp at your club and leave it at that.

Otherwise, your club would probably end up languishing back down in the 3rd division. Am I right? Is that where you guys once ended up?

Also the label 'Bank of England' tag has been used for clubs other than Arsenal, that is Everton and Sunderland. The difference is that the resources of those clubs, including Arsenal, were finite. They ran out at a certain point. So comparing City today to those clubs is a false equivalence of the highest order.

Last edited:

Crocrodile

Some of you should stop taking the imaginative moral high ground.

Would I support Arsenal if they did business as City does?
I probably would because I got into Arsenal before I could count and couldn't care less about numbers around the game. I watched it for the game, beautiful jerseys and OFC the man, the myth, the legend, Thierry Henry.

Most clubs have based their continious success on big sums of questionable money or illegal/unethical activities. Arsenal is one of them, as the "Bank of England" nick confirms it. Once upon a time a club brought the creme of the South American players in the 60s, for, at that time, huge sums of money. One of them being Alfredo di Stefano. In that decade, that club won 5 or so Cup Winner's Cups. That club, who many at the time said ruined football, was Real Madrid.

City on the other hand does everything in their power to win. They had no history as a top side, they are creating it. One can't take them seriously because all of their success is dependent on buying players, not creating their own, despite what Pep says. I hate them for it and I hate that my own club uses that same club as an excuse not to do all in their own power.

Because at the end of the day you have to focus on your own. If you don't have sufficient money to chase the very top players, you invest in a coach who will create a system for great football and make the academy the focal point. Monaco, Dortmund, Porto, Benfica and there are clubs in lesser leagues doing their thing. One also must look at the financial revenue PL clubs pull in. We actually have a good academy, just the coach needs to be changed and get rid of the dross. And then work out through the bumps and bruises one takes when giving time to a generation of young players.

City is not what is wrong with football. It 's the general money pumped into the sport to make it clean, the support structures who are paid to by the agents and so, who have taken out the competitive spirit of the game because the ones who pay those are the ones who play(at lower levels), the lack of commitment and respect to the fans(again due to huge money) and the too-early exit from mother-clubs to giants, instead of choosing a club suitable to further develop a player(often the mother-club).

Long story short, stop whining and let 's focus on our own, because there 's a lot that can be improved.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Some of you should stop taking the imaginative moral high ground.

Would I support Arsenal if they did business as City does?
I probably would because I got into Arsenal before I could count and couldn't care less about numbers around the game. I watched it for the game, beautiful jerseys and OFC the man, the myth, the legend, Thierry Henry.

Most clubs have based their continious success on big sums of questionable money or illegal/unethical activities. Arsenal is one of them, as the "Bank of England" nick confirms it. Once upon a time a club brought the creme of the South American players in the 60s, for, at that time, huge sums of money. One of them being Alfredo di Stefano. In that decade, that club won 5 or so Cup Winner's Cups. That club, who many at the time said ruined football, was Real Madrid.

City on the other hand does everything in their power to win. They had no history as a top side, they are creating it. One can't take them seriously because all of their success is dependent on buying players, not creating their own, despite what Pep says. I hate them for it and I hate that my own club uses that same club as an excuse not to do all in their own power.

Because at the end of the day you have to focus on your own. If you don't have sufficient money to chase the very top players, you invest in a coach who will create a system for great football and make the academy the focal point. Monaco, Dortmund, Porto, Benfica and there are clubs in lesser leagues doing their thing. One also must look at the financial revenue PL clubs pull in. We actually have a good academy, just the coach needs to be changed and get rid of the dross. And then work out through the bumps and bruises one takes when giving time to a generation of young players.

City is not what is wrong with football. It 's the general money pumped into the sport to make it clean, the support structures who are paid to by the agents and so, who have taken out the competitive spirit of the game because the ones who pay those are the ones who play(at lower levels), the lack of commitment and respect to the fans(again due to huge money) and the too-early exit from mother-clubs to giants, instead of choosing a club suitable to further develop a player(often the mother-club).

Long story short, stop whining and let 's focus on our own, because there 's a lot that can be improved.
Always some muppet who comes along and takes half the fun out of a game. The banter is half the prize mate. Have a **** and calm the **** down. It is suppose to be a fun thing.

say yes

forum master baiter

United and Chelsea spend disgusting money too.

At least City play good football and aren't utter ****s.

say yes

forum master baiter
My favourite thing about Manchester City is how much they upset United, Mourinho and Chelsea.

Listening to Chelsea fans cry about another team's spending was more enjoyable than my first orgasm.

Jose ('spend loads of money and park the bus') Mourinho being exposed as inferior to Pep in every imaginable way? Just beautiful.

My heart only has room for so much hatred and Manchester City are getting absolutely none of it.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Scouting network identifying all the new talents.

7d4l1y2gixtz.jpg

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom