• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

A little reminder about goal clips

Soler

Established Member
Senght said:
So we can post tons of goal clips of manure or leeds for example?

I think the same rules apply.

AdamT said:
what about telling people to go get them on kazaa?look up bergkamp theres some good stuff

I wouldn't have a clue on that one. Unless Arsenal PLC comes to us about it then I guess that'd be okay.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
But that's still illegal sharing of clips, it's still copywrite infringement I would think. Just like telling someone to got to so and so's website to get clips. Don't think it's allowed MJ.

Originally posted by Senght:
So we can post tons of goal clips of manure or leeds for example?

I think the same rules apply.
I'm not sure, as a while back I remember a whole thread about a site where you could get Man U goals, and all sorts of other football related clips. I don't remembetr any of the mods saying anything about it then. Anyways, just look it up and make sure innit.

Soler

Established Member
The rules regarding P2P share programs are that what you do off Arsenal-Mania is your business but we do not condone or allow clip sharing or directions on how to share "trademarked" clips on this site.

Thanks.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
OK. Thought any type of wharing was illegal, but I seem to have been mistaken.

Jinn

Established Member
Arsenal.com have threatened to shut us down in the past for breach of copyright.

If they take us to court... pffft! Bye bye Arsenal-Mania.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Have they actually done that. So before I joined you were sharing clips. Man I was too late then.

gooner4eva

Lets spare our Arsenal-mania mods all the headache. If u want good clips look em up in Kazaa, emule, edonkey etc. There r some real nice ones with nice prodigy music in da background ;D

gash

Fair enough.

BUT...linking to content homed on other servers is not a copyright issue and wouldn't get anywhere near a court of law. They're just giving it all that:
***makes lobster-claw hand gestures***

Either way though, avoid the hassle for the mods and don't post links or clips people...watch it on the fukken telly innit!

va_va_voom

Jinn said:
Arsenal.com have threatened to shut us down in the past for breach of copyright.

Is that why you wont see an Arsenal Crest on this site?? Breach of Copyright?? Or is that purely down to design?

avv

va_va_voom said:
Jinn said:

Is that why you wont see an Arsenal Crest on this site?? Breach of Copyright?? Or is that purely down to design?

Its precisely as you say. We get done in as it were if we used the Arsenal Crest. Its all copywrited.
Arsenal.com seem to throw round copywrite laws like no 2morrow to there own advantage.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
sanyasi said:
*Loyan* said:
No you can't do any sharing of clips what so ever. If they catch you PMing each other you can be banned. I think.
how can anyone trace PMs?
can mods read PMs?

Simple answer - no. Well not that I know of anyway!

I suppose technically it's possible. As they're sent through the site they must be somewhere in the code or something, but to be honest we have enough trouble keeping up with what's posted on the forums let alone anything else!

If anyone's at all worried about there pm's not being p please don't. Hand on heart I can honestly say that in all the time I've been on this site I've never heard of anyone's pm's being read by anyone except the person they're sent to, nor have I heard of anyone attempting it, or even asking how.

Soler

Established Member
I do believe the only way to read PM's is for an Administrator to go through them one by one in the MySQL database. None of us can do that.

Jinn

Established Member
avv said:
va_va_voom said:
Jinn said:

Its precisely as you say. We get done in as it were if we used the Arsenal Crest. Its all copywrited.
Arsenal.com seem to throw round copywrite laws like no 2morrow to there own advantage.

Yes, we were contacted about that before, about a year ago. Hence the overhaul with the design. (I sometimes use the crest in small images, but hopefully nobody notices!) ;)

A

Anonymous

Mad Jens said:
I do believe the only way to read PM's is for an Administrator to go through them one by one in the MySQL database. None of us can do that.
Wow - MJ coming up with a technical term. ;)

But yes, he's right - the PM's can be read through the database, but really, we have over 3000 members that it'd be a project in itself finding a specific PM to read.

If you have qualms about using the PM system, then e-mail the intended recipient.

sanyasi

i have no qualms.
from the phpbb code its apparent that it would be a near impossible task to read PMs. and if youve set the database access permissions properly, then it SHOULD be impossible (like passwords are) for you to read it yourself

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom