• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

A Sad Season: Goodbye Dennis

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
i have a poster of dennis over my bed. he's one of my role models, one of my idols. he has been an unbelievable servant to the club over the years and has provided so many memories for me. i remember when he scored that newcastle goal. i didnt see the game but a friend of mine, a manure fan, searched me out, grabbed my shirt and said, "i have just seen the greatest goal i have ever seen. it was bergkamp. it was art.". coming from a die-hard united supporter, it showed me that some players can so bedazzle as to suspend divisions and unite all fans in appreciation of brilliance. dennis did it that day and has done so many times before and since. remember the 7-0 game against everton. what a performance. when he scored, tears of joy rolled down my face. i'm getting really emotional right now. dennis is my hero and a true Arsenal legend. but we are moving on now with a fine squad of young players. i'll miss dennis but all things must come to an end.

Henry IV

I saw the West Brom game live on RTE and I went wild when Bergkamp scored his goal on Bergkamp day. That sort of genius, the ability to turn games with spectacular goals and great assists is what we'll be losing.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
ssa said:
Thanks guys for your beautiful words for the dutch master and a word to the administrator "sabret00the" SHUT UP DONT LOCk NOTHING this is Dennis he doesnt need ur f*d up words look at what the true arsenal fans wrote here thanks to u guys bergkamp is still here showing us his brilliance, another thing "sabret00the" what the hell u wrote that dennis should have been sold years ago??? r u f****g searious? i dont know but some people dont appreciate anything and by the way i dont think bergkamp needs ur opinion he did quite alot to shut people like u the hell up!!

1) This post is riddled with text language, which is not allowed- Read the forum FAQs and the Texting sticky if you'd like to know why.

2) Nobody, not you, not me, not sabre and not anyone else on this forum should have to tolerate being talked to like that. You don't like his opinion? Fine, argue with him on that basis. But if you continue to post like this I will personally ensure that you are banned from the forum.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Yes he is.

In addition to the possibly rascist comment regarding Alex Song, he was causing a little too much aggravation on the forum and I felt that acting now would be preferable to acting later.

kheldorin

I think this quote by Henry summed up the difference between Bergkamp and other strikers such as Shearer well:

A lot of players, when at the edge of the box, would have put their head down and smashed the ball maybe.

"Dennis knew he had time to do what he wanted to do — and that was to bend the ball into the back of the net. It sounds easy and looks easy — but I can tell you that it is not easy to do.

"It was a typical Dennis Bergkamp goal and what an end to the game."

If you think that there is more to football than just scoring more goals than the opposition, then Bergkamp is way better than Shearer.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Oh, Bergkamp is, or more pertinently was world class. But I think Shearer was in his day, people forget how good, how prolific Shearer was, which is why they make stupid comments like "Shearer is a sh't player, over hyped by the media". Which is a ridiculous thing to say. Shearer was great, we prefer Bergkamp, but we're Arsenal, so we would. If Newcastle fans preferred Shearer, well he's given them almost the same length of service that Bergkamp has us and scored hundreds of goals- what would be surprising in that?

adjie

gunnertilldeath said:
i have a poster of dennis over my bed. he's one of my role models, one of my idols. he has been an unbelievable servant to the club over the years and has provided so many memories for me.......i'll miss dennis but all things must come to an end.

great post mate.
same with you, one of my top two idols is DB10 (other was MvB). Together they made me love this game.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Bergkamp is the reason I follow Arsenal.. player of a generation... smooth and classy with an "edge" to him at times.. sort of like me when i played (without the smoothness or classiness.. heh)

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Does anyone think that he will get to play in the Final..? even for a few minutes , I hope so.

Ricky_AFC

I'd hope he would. If we were 2 goals claer he would probably get 5mins, or if we were in desperate need of a goal he could come on and change the game.

cesc18

bergkamp is one of the all time greats
one of the reasons i started following the arsenal and football in general
just one more piece of magic
score the winner on the 17th
there is only one dennis bergkamp

Viper

Established Member
An absolute legend. Given us 11 years of quality and I appreciated every minute of it... Would be really sad to leave him. One of my all-time favourite players.

I wouldn't want him to start against Wigan though. No disrespect to the guy, but he is clearly past his best and is at the age of 37. This match is very important and for him to create some magic during the 90 minutes is unlikely.I think Reyes or Van Persie would perform better but I think it would be nice if he got on the pitch in the last 10 minutes though.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
What an amazing player, how bout that turn against the Spuds? The last couple of minutes, Wrighty skins Clive Wilson, sends the ball over. And Dennis turns his defender inside out before cooly slotting home...one of many memories. His touch and vision has been unmatched by anyone in the premiership...and has probably had a massive impact on Thierry.

Over the last few years we've had to say goodbye to so many Arsenal legends, lucky enough we've had the man in charge to keep the team going and producing new hero's. Thank god for Arsène.

Thanks for the loyalty Dennis, in this day and age, it's rare. A truly incredible player

Fab Fabre04

I cried my ass of after the Wigan mtch but we have to move on. That;s life. Remember when Tony Adams walked out????????

No ones crying now are they?????

If you look up legend in the dictionary it would literally say Dennis Bergkamp.

He is a true legend, maybe not the most profilic goal scorer but his grace on the pitch is amazing. To be playing at his age is amazing. He;s wicked on the ball and control it like he;s holding it with his hands.

I hope he comes back to us in coaching.

Youth team coach maybe

Also he's ded intelligent with his positioning and when he's off the pitch.

He doesn't have the endorsments, sponsors and publicity (or the wife :!: :!: ) that becks has and he's the 2nd richest player un England.

I hope he scores on his testimonial and cl final with a trademark curler.

LONG LIVE DENNIS BERGKAMP :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom