• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale: Toys Out Of The Pramsdale

TornadoTed

Established Member
He was excellent yesterday but as I said in the Gabriel thread he put Gabriel in a difficult position for the Bamford red saga. Gabriel blocked Bamford on the edge of the box when the long ball come over, if Ramsdale had of picked it up then the whole incident wouldn't have happened.

It is something I have noticed a few times this season, trying to be cute and waste some time and leaving it until the last moment to pick up the ball to wasted a couple of seconds, I have a nasty feeling that it will end in tears as it almost did yesterday.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

He was excellent yesterday but as I said in the Gabriel thread he put Gabriel in a difficult position for the Bamford red saga. Gabriel blocked Bamford on the edge of the box when the long ball come over, if Ramsdale had of picked it up then the whole incident wouldn't have happened.

It is something I have noticed a few times this season, trying to be cute and waste some time and leaving it until the last moment to pick up the ball to wasted a couple of seconds, I have a nasty feeling that it will end in tears as it almost did yesterday.
Ah here the nitpicking comes. Yes it was Ramsdales fault that Gabriel did what was at least percieved as kicking out at Bamford and should have anticipated that somehow instead of safely wasting a few seconds like every other keeper does. :rolleyes:

TornadoTed

Established Member
Ah here the nitpicking comes. Yes it was Ramsdales fault that Gabriel did what was at least percieved as kicking out at Bamford and should have anticipated that somehow instead of safely wasting a few seconds like every other keeper does. :rolleyes:
I'm a big fan of Ramsdale, even from when we signed him when a lot of people were against him. I just bought it up because everyone is blaming Gabriel solely and yes, he was stupid to kick out and that is on him. However I stand by my point, there was no need for Ramsdale to put Gabriel in that position in the first place. He had done his job, blocked off Bamford on the edge of the area and let the ball sail safely through to Ramsdale, there was no need for baiting Bamford into having another nibble. If you watch it again Bamford half turned to run away and then changed his mind because Ramsdale hadn't gathered it.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of Aaron and he played a massive part in the 3 points yesterday so it's all good.

Tom349

I'm a big fan of Ramsdale, even from when we signed him when a lot of people were against him. I just bought it up because everyone is blaming Gabriel solely and yes, he was stupid to kick out and that is on him. However I stand by my point, there was no need for Ramsdale to put Gabriel in that position in the first place. He had done his job, blocked off Bamford on the edge of the area and let the ball sail safely through to Ramsdale, there was no need for baiting Bamford into having another nibble. If you watch it again Bamford half turned to run away and then changed his mind because Ramsdale hadn't gathered it.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of Aaron and he played a massive part in the 3 points yesterday so it's all good.

I see where you're coming from. It's a fine line between wasting time but also pissing off the opposition and their supporters. Sometimes I would rather maintain our focus and focus solely on keeping the ball then stuffing around with time wasting tactics.

Personally I hate when supports start doing the "ole" after every pass when we are only a goal up. Gives extra incentive to try and win the ball back.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I see where you're coming from. It's a fine line between wasting time but also pissing off the opposition and their supporters. Sometimes I would rather maintain our focus and focus solely on keeping the ball then stuffing around with time wasting tactics.

Personally I hate when supports start doing the "ole" after every pass when we are only a goal up. Gives extra incentive to try and win the ball back.
Yes that was exactly the point I was trying to make, you made it better than I did.

Time wasting for goalkeepers is normal when protecting a lead late on in a game but for me it should only be done when there is no danger involved, for me the incident yesterday that wasn't the case.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric

Annoyed me yesterday when the away fans, who are absolutely brilliant, did just before the break. The players seemed encouraged by it, passed the ball around just our box and gave the ball away, instead of being smart to ensure we made it to half time a goal in front.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He was very good for a team that played quite badly. As he said, the collective got the job done but we lose without his saves. I'm pleased for him personally that he got a clean sheet too. He's our Bouldy in goal.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
One thing I'll say is watching the penalty incident back he makes a very poor kick long and they're in.

Like I said everything he did with his hands was fantastic yesterday, in terms of passing and with his feet it was one of his poorer games (he's set a high bar). In the future we need him to have a cooler head and when we are losing control of the match be the one to take charge and tell his defenders and midfielders, look, we are playing out, I don't care about the mistakes you've made and how crazy the match has become, keep calm and keep with the plan.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
He did well. The reason we lost the ball in many of his long distributions was because we couldn’t win the ball or the second balls and nor were we able to counter press effectively if they had won it as is so often the plan under Arteta.
That second half reminded me of Newcastle last season really.
The fault wasn’t with the accuracy of his kicks most of the time.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

How’s this thread not been bumped? Everyone scared of his dad or suttin? Haven’t seen this guy make a save in years.
Defo need to hold off on a new contract.

Not saying he’s terrible but the guy is a below average shot stopper so not sure that should be rewarded just yet.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom