• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale: Toys Out Of The Pramsdale

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Defo need to hold off on a new contract.

Not saying he’s terrible but the guy is a below average shot stopper so not sure that should be rewarded just yet.

Been palming loads into dangerous areas as well.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If he wasn’t English and had great banter he would be in trouble. He is an ok keeper. Nothing more

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
What bother me with Ramsdale we look conceding goals with minimum shots Southampton had 1 dangerous shot and he conceded today psv from 4 shots on target he conceded 2 not including the offsides. It's bit worrying maybe he need to position himself better

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He leaves me with this strange feeling in that I don’t feel he drops massive errors, but a lot of the goals we concede feel saveable. You’re not angry, just disappointed.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Have mentioned on her numerous times that if we are going to truly compete at this level regularly, we need a better keeper. He reminds me a lot of Scezesny when he played for us.

Ramsdale’s good at certain aspects and certainly got better at coming off his line quickly to close the angle down. He doesn’t have a truly outstanding attribute…he’s neither commanding like Allison nor as good on the ball as Ederson to make up for his inconsistent shot stopping.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Have mentioned on her numerous times that if we are going to truly compete at this level regularly, we need a better keeper. He reminds me a lot of Scezesny when he played for us.

Ramsdale’s good at certain aspects and certainly got better at coming off his line quickly to close the angle down. He doesn’t have a truly outstanding attribute…he’s neither commanding like Allison nor as good on the ball as Ederson to make up for his inconsistent shot stopping.
Yeah, have to say, what's been annoying me is he's not even looking that good with his kicking in recent games. Against United I think it was he was brilliant, but since then it's been rather erratic. He kicks long too often and when he does the accuracy is worrying, today he had a bad one that put us under trouble and a number just out of play or to the opposition.

Let's see how the season develops but yeah, I could see this as an area of improvement in the squad, for sure, if he doesn't improve. Not looked good this season on the whole.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Not that was the goalkeeper my OP was worried about last season!

Not sure, but think this mad man closed his eyes when Gakpo chipped him for the offside goal too 😅

Poor European debut, tbh...but has still been mostly quality here (and can still improve) so nothing to worry about yet.

Malky

Established Member
Said it a few times but when it comes to pure goalkeeping he’s suspect as ****, his distribution papers over a lot of cracks.
If we want to be serious I’m still convinced he should be on the bench with an upgrade signed.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Proud Seth Rollins GIF by WWE

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
He's a lot like Pickford. Sometimes pulls off some amazing saves but does some comedy as well. I don't see us upgrading on him in the near future though. Have to be content with him.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Hes a young goalie & will make errors. They all do. Unfortunately for goalie they tend to lead to goals, but from memory this is his first error which has led to one.

Even Safe Hands made errors which led to goals - remember WC 2002 & the 1995 ? Final ECWC (Nayim)?

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Hes a young goalie & will make errors. They all do. Unfortunately for goalie they tend to lead to goals, but from memory this is his first error which has led to one.

Even Safe Hands made errors which led to goals - remember WC 2002 & the 1995 ? Final ECWC (Nayim)?
Poor on the Villa goal, questionable reflexes on the first today, poor positioning making it an easy finish for Antony on the first United goal, poor positioning for me on the Firmino goal.

His shot stopping is seriously questionable.

He's a lot like Pickford. Sometimes pulls off some amazing saves but does some comedy as well. I don't see us upgrading on him in the near future though. Have to be content with him.
Yeah I don't see it either. I kinda hope we are wrong though. Unless his decision making on the ball and precision in long balls improves greatly he is not providing enough value with his feet to compensate for his questionable shot stopping. I remember the statistic showing him near the bottom in xG figures on shot stopping when we bought him, we are seeing why, tbh. I am currently wait and see with him but if he doesn't up his level we're talking about easily the most upgradeable player in the first XI. Diogo Costa looks like he would be a fine signing, for example.

Haphazard

Why is it ok for him to make mistakes because he is young? 24 is not young in football and I'd rather invest in a better keeper than another project.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Why is it ok for him to make mistakes because he is young? 24 is not young in football and I'd rather invest in a better keeper than another project.

He's got 10 more years at this level easy, his pro career has barely begun.

He should be judged accordingly though, we can't be hammering Sambi or Nketiah who don't even play then let Ramsdale and Ødegaard skate because of their age, doesn't make any sense.

If you start for Arsenal then you are supposed to be at the club, the picking and choosing of the babying afforded is a little lame from the fans.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Poor on the Villa goal, questionable reflexes on the first today, poor positioning making it an easy finish for Antony on the first United goal, poor positioning for me on the Firmino goal.

His shot stopping is seriously questionable.

Yeah I don't see it either. I kinda hope we are wrong though. Unless his decision making on the ball and precision in long balls improves greatly he is not providing enough value with his feet to compensate for his questionable shot stopping. I remember the statistic showing him near the bottom in xG figures on shot stopping when we bought him, we are seeing why, tbh. I am currently wait and see with him but if he doesn't up his level we're talking about easily the most upgradeable player in the first XI. Diogo Costa looks like he would be a fine signing, for example.
I don't agree with you, but hey ho.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom