• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale: Toys Out Of The Pramsdale

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
My point is Ramada is not this highly rated keeper. He was relegated twice before we got him and no one was looking at him. We bought him because he is young and English and it suit our long term goal of getting less slack from the media. If Ramsdale was a foreigner the club would never look at him. Both Leno and Martinez are better keepers.

Would love to know how you came to that conclusion.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Would love to know how you came to that conclusion.
The club has already history of playing up to the media about young British player. We already had one with previous group of ox, wilshere, Ramsey, etc etc where we used them for pr as young homegrown talent. We trying the same with white and Ramsdale together with the ones we already have as the club knows you get less scrutiny when you have young homegrown players

I repeat why were we willing to pay so much for a relegated keeper no one else wanted?

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The club has already history of playing up to the media about young British player. We already had one with previous group of ox, wilshere, Ramsey, etc etc where we used them for pr as young homegrown talent. We trying the same with white and Ramsdale together with the ones we already have as the club knows you get less scrutiny when you have young homegrown players

I repeat why were we willing to pay so much for a relegated keeper no one else wanted?

Martinez was homegrown.

On that part I don't know but he's here now and he had a way better season than I expected him to have. Not one player looked up to it in the last few weeks so there's no point in just singling him out because of an England game. He also played a large part in us being in the position we where due to his form earlier in the season.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Yes i agree im wrong He is ****!! I apologise unreservedly all the goalkeeping coaches are wrong including other professionals such as passed managers!! I will never defend this useless fake passion meister, badge kisser,shirt giver, glove giver ever again! Who only does it to court publicity! I bow to other forum members who know best. Oh and as a father hope non of you nasty negative ****ERS EVER HAVE SUCCESSFUL OFFSPRING!
I will now be band but this post was worth it!!

You're not well. Seek help.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Martinez was homegrown.

On that part I don't know but he's here now and he had a way better season than I expected him to have. Not one player looked up to it in the last few weeks so there's no point in just singling him out because of an England game. He also played a large part in us being in the position we where due to his form earlier in the season.
Statistically he was one of the worst keepers in the league last season. If you expected him to be even worse after we spent 30 million on him. That’s hardly a ringing endorsement. All I’m saying is if he doesn’t improve next season he will be benched. Matt Turner is us nr 1 now and will push him

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Statistically he was one of the worst keepers in the league last season. If you expected him to be even worse after we spent 30 million on him. That’s hardly a ringing endorsement. All I’m saying is if he doesn’t improve next season he will be benched. Matt Turner is us nr 1 now and will push him

Their was loads on here, including myself, who didn't want him. He did more than enough for me, in his first season mind, to continue. That display at Leicester for example was one of the best I've seen from an Arsenal keeper in years. We've got way bigger issues than Ramsdale.

If the homegrown thing is the only reason he's in the team then how is Matt Turner going to be allowed to play?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
2nd and 3rd goals the positioning was all wrong.

The fact the toe poke goes past him on his far side is really poor. Top keeper there makes him hit it on his left.

Third goal his starting position is inviting him to go near post and then like you say he moves across.

All four goals had some absolute clown defending though from Reece James and Stones. Did him no favours at all tbh.
The last goal was the worst. He was already too far out of his goal when Gazdag gets the ball some way off. By the time attacker gets into the penalty box Ramsdale is stationary in no mans land. It’s much more intimidating for an attacker if the keeper is rushing towards him. Worst of all he commits himself before Gazdag shoots, going to ground, making it easy for the Hungarian to dink it over him. :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The last goal was the worst. He was already too far out of his goal when Gazdag gets the ball some way off. By the time attacker gets into the penalty box Ramsdale is stationary in no mans land. It’s much more intimidating for an attacker if the keeper is rushing towards him. Worst of all he commits himself before Gazdag shoots, going to ground, making it easy for the Hungarian to dink it over him. :lol:

It is a tough situation though tbf. I used to play keeper in school and your right the timing had to be better.

How that guy got clean through at goal without even bending his run is beyond me though. Shambles of an offside trap with neither defender even tracking the runner.

Didn’t cover himself in glory but the defending was absolutely shambolic on every goal. Missed clearances and acres of space in behind.

Haphazard

He's our keeper for the long haul now. We need to get behind him. He had a solid first season and I've no concern on what happens when he's playing for England. For Arsenal's sake we need to hope he can keep improving.

I think a lot of the problems in defence towards the end came about because they didn't have any protection from midfield which made their job even more difficult. It's easy to forget that when we started going on a run in the first half of the season when confidence was low, that it was largely built on how solid we where at the back. Ramsdale was a big part of that.

Why does he have to be our keeper for the long haul? There is nothing to suggest he has the quality or mentality to be the #1 at a top club.

Bar Saka none of our players are that talented or irreplaceable no matter what top gooners tell you.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Why does he have to be our keeper for the long haul? There is nothing to suggest he has the quality or mentality to be the #1 at a top club.

Bar Saka none of our players are that talented or irreplaceable no matter what top gooners tell you.

Well it's highly unlikely we're spending 30 odd million on a keeper to replace him anytime soon. We're not Man City.

I'd say some of his performances this year more than suggested he might become good enough for us. Granted that's not a certainty but he did well.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
was he that bad? i don't see anything against him from twitter english journalists usually go at arsenal players when they don't preform.

Ramsdale so bad not been great in 2022 he need to focus on his ability and stop s**Thousing the fans.
Thought he was ****ing dreadful yesterday. Every single goal he conceded was extremely saveable and if he let those in in an Arsenal shirt I'd be absolutely fuming.

That's the biggest issue with Ramesdale since his early season purple patch, he lets in very saveable goals. But because he doesn't make clear errors/gaffs they usually always go unnoticed.

I remember when we signed Cech all the pundits were raving about this supposed idea of a GK "that saves you 10-15 points a season", well Ramsdale is not that type of keeper. He might not be an Almunia type keeper that going to make clear errors that cost you games, but over the course of a season his net worth is either zero or even a slight negative.

Kav

Established Member
Well it's highly unlikely we're spending 30 odd million on a keeper to replace him anytime soon. We're not Man City.

I'd say some of his performances this year more than suggested he might become good enough for us. Granted that's not a certainty but he did well.
We spent £22 Million on Leno only to replace him 3 years later with 🐏 dale. We have precedent for that kind of erratic spending.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We spent £22 Million on Leno only to replace him 3 years later with 🐏 dale. We have precedent for that kind of erratic spending.

Yeah well that was pre-Arteta which is what I mean by the long haul. Ramsdale is firmly Arteta's guy.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
In later games when the pressure was on to get top 4 he lost the plot. Some of his passing was woeful and he rushed out like a lunatic out of control for crosses and opposition breakaways. He was really poor for England too. There’s still big question marks about his temperament, as some of us pointed out early on.

It's scary how he won't have any competition this season, Turner looks like a Pablo Mari-esque signing.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
You're not well. Seek help.
Pot to kettle
0e8b7d2c53195177a326670609fcb7ea.jpg

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yes i agree im wrong He is ****!! I apologise unreservedly all the goalkeeping coaches are wrong including other professionals such as passed managers!! I will never defend this useless fake passion meister, badge kisser,shirt giver, glove giver ever again! Who only does it to court publicity! I bow to other forum members who know best. Oh and as a father hope non of you nasty negative ****ERS EVER HAVE SUCCESSFUL OFFSPRING!
I will now be band but this post was worth it!!
He’s allowed to be critiqued when he’s producing poor stats over a MASSIVE sample period.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom