• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale: Toys Out Of The Pramsdale

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

To be fair, I can see how an actual athlete would take umbrage with an arbitrary statistic invented by a nerdy virgin who has never played the sport. No offense to any poster who fits that description.
It doesn’t take nerdy virgin to see he has been iffy for a while after good start. He is living if the good start and being a lad. Second half of the season he been one of the worst keepers in the league

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Undoubted talent, mad as a box of frogs on the pitch.

Is he better than Leno? Shot stopping, probably. Composure, definitely not.

Save % Ramsdale 69%, Leno last year 69%. And that was Leno’s worst year. Previous year 74%.

It’s probably been a waste of money, like White for Saliba.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Leno's head had clearly gone, after Martinez' form in 2020.

Bernd was good up until his injury v Brighton, then came back awfully...his 2020/2021 season, was one of the worst keeper performances we have ever had ( and we have had prime Almunia and Old Man Cech in goal, so that's saying something :lol: )

Was nice that his last game here, was a solid performance v Villa and against Emo Gimp-tinez...but he was making loads of errors last season, stupid sending off v Wolves, letting a easy Richarlison cross go between his legs, couldn't pass to save his life (in front of no crowds) struggled badly on crosses and set pieces...even at the start of this season, was poor v Brentford...Ramsdale has definitely been better.

If you think Ramsdale wasn't a good signing, then you are mad...suits our style, vocal presence on the pitch for us, and has had a quality season all round...Aaron has things to work on, but at least he is young, you can't say the same about Leno...especially after coming from 12 months of very poor form, though I do think he is still a decent keeper.

This place is crazy these days, tbh...a 24 year old kid and in his first season, it has absolutely not been a waste of money, ffs.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Undoubted talent, mad as a box of frogs on the pitch.

Is he better than Leno? Shot stopping, probably. Composure, definitely not.

Save % Ramsdale 69%, Leno last year 69%. And that was Leno’s worst year. Previous year 74%.

It’s probably been a waste of money, like White for Saliba.
The only reason they were signed was because of being English. 80 million on 2 players same level as the 2 you had. And our defensive record got way worse with them.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

It doesn’t take nerdy virgin to see he has been iffy for a while after good start. He is living if the good start and being a lad. Second half of the season he been one of the worst keepers in the league
I don't disagree with you. All I'm saying is that these new advanced metrics across sports are still based in subjectivity with those coming up with them almost always having never played the sport at a professional level. But I did apologize to any nerdy virgins I might offend and I guess the person I was thinking of wasn't the only one since your panties are also in a bunch. :lol:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I don't disagree with you. All I'm saying is that these new advanced metrics across sports are still based in subjectivity with those coming up with them almost always having never played the sport at a professional level. But I did apologize to any nerdy virgins I might offend and I guess the person I was thinking of wasn't the only one since your panties are also in a bunch. :lol:
Lol fair enough. I just think combination of being English, young and making the most saved in the pl lead us to sign him. But the worst teams keepers makes the most saves because they are the busiest. I really think last summers window was mainly waste because we spent players who didn’t improve us much, but suit our new age philosophy

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The Metro is reporting that Ben Foster is willing to come in as number two and help coach Ramsdale. He thinks that he can help him improve. I'm not sure if this was a joke or Foster looking for an opportunity.

Foster would be hilarious here, tbf...the vlogs of us behind the scenes 🤣

He seems the type that would really, really annoy Arteta...bring him home!

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Foster would be hilarious here, tbf...the vlogs of us behind the scenes 🤣

He seems the type that would really, really annoy Arteta...bring him home!
No, no, noooo more ridicule. Please. Won't happen anyway but I like the idea.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

This place is crazy these days, tbh...a 24 year old kid and in his first season, it has absolutely not been a waste of money, ffs.

Not crazy about him and had no real issues with Leno, but I agree with this. Ramsdale is the least of our worries, still young and has had a good enough start to build from.

Just another pawn in this Arteta war really.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Leno's head had clearly gone, after Martinez' form in 2020.

Bernd was good up until his injury v Brighton, then came back awfully...his 2020/2021 season, was one of the worst keeper performances we have ever had ( and we have had prime Almunia and Old Man Cech in goal, so that's saying something :lol: )

Was nice that his last game here, was a solid performance v Villa and against Emo Gimp-tinez...but he was making loads of errors last season, stupid sending off v Wolves, letting a easy Richarlison cross go between his legs, couldn't pass to save his life (in front of no crowds) struggled badly on crosses and set pieces...even at the start of this season, was poor v Brentford...Ramsdale has definitely been better.

If you think Ramsdale wasn't a good signing, then you are mad...suits our style, vocal presence on the pitch for us, and has had a quality season all round...Aaron has things to work on, but at least he is young, you can't say the same about Leno...especially after coming from 12 months of very poor form, though I do think he is still a decent keeper.

Ramsdale has done okay tbf. Of course he can improve but I agree with your analysis and I didn't have my heart in my mouth when we defended in our box. It's a shame how it turned out with Emi as I think we'd have two similar profile GK's with the younger given an opportunity to learn. The graph posted earlier paints a horrible picture of both but we have to go again with a rookie GK under a bit more pressure. Hopefully his baptism of fire will stand him and us in good stead.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Ramsdale has not proven to be an improvement on Leno. Just imagine we'd kept martinez. We can't keep indiscriminately discarding players and replacing them. It's not sustainable especially for a club like ours with finite resources.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Ramsdale has not proven to be an improvement on Leno. Just imagine we'd kept martinez.
He is in some departments to be fair. His distribution surprised me for example and whilst he's not the hulk, he goes for every corner at least. The things I don't like about him are literally nitpicks but he is young and it's expected.

Martinez is a b*m sorry, I remember when A-M used to cry about him everyday lol, then they had to stop because he was embarrassing himself. Ramsdale definitely had the better season (purely eye test haven't looked at stats).

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould
Top Bottom