• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I don't think we do, just imagine Alexis upfront with lace and aubameyang. Alexis isn't a dud because he is playing crap now. He puts in work on defenders.
Alexis definitely would not work in our system. He is and always has been a selfish player. Gave the ball away countless times when playing for us. In fact if you check his thread in the first few pages many of us were concerned and Wenger was benching him because of it. But he began to produce many moments of magic which literally dug us out of kak so we forgave the carelessness and accepted him as being brilliant. Truth is he is past it. We got the best out of him and I wouldn't take him back even if he paid us. We're better off.

GoonerBoy19

Then again Alexis was good, but not on 350-400k contract which he was asking for. We replaced him and Giroud with Auba and Laca and now you can see the results. The same is with Ramsey, we can replace him with better midfeilders if his demands are 150-200k.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Think he will join Chelsea. They probably are going to get rid of Cesc & Bakayoko, so Ramsey for free would be nice. Milan are average and not attractive enough, Juve are aiming higher than Ramsey, no way United sign him until Jose is there, Pool is possible but they have enough midfielders.

Last edited:

TheArsenalis

Alexis definitely would not work in our system. He is and always has been a selfish player. Gave the ball away countless times when playing for us. In fact if you check his thread in the first few pages many of us were concerned and Wenger was benching him because of it. But he began to produce many moments of magic which literally dug us out of kak so we forgave the carelessness and accepted him as being brilliant. Truth is he is past it. We got the best out of him and I wouldn't take him back even if he paid us. We're better off.
He does give th ball away a lot. But as you said he dragged us out of a hole. And I wouldnt take him back either.but if he was still our player I would accept him. And I think emeri would be loved him too.

TheArsenalis

Highly doubt that. Emery prefers team players who know how to embody synergy in a team. He's not afraid to bench under performing high earners and that would grate Sanchez because HE WOULD sit bench every now and again.
Just my take on it. Emeri likes hard worker, Alexis is a hard worker. New coach everybody trying to buy into his philosophy alexis is different. Just like when he just came into the team he was eager to impress wenger.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Just my take on it. Emeri likes hard worker, Alexis is a hard worker. New coach everybody trying to buy into his philosophy alexis is different. Just like when he just came into the team he was eager to impress wenger.
Alexis is a hard worker but he isn't a smart worker and there is a huge difference. Emery sees this. It is why I said Iwobi would improve under Emery immensely and he has. Hard graft only gets you so far in the sport these days. You have to be smart and work at the right times. Alexis only seemed like such a hard worker because he would press when others weren't etc. That was more detrimental to our play than anything.
Emery likes precision and discipline. Alexis has one but it isn't discipline.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I've said for 10 years he is not good enough for Arsenal level if we want to be contenders.

For the title or top four?

Vast majority of the squad are not good enough to challenge for a title. Ramsey has shown he is good enough to play his part in reaching top four.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
For the title or top four?

Vast majority of the squad are not good enough to challenge for a title. Ramsey has shown he is good enough to play his part in reaching top four.
Have to admit the competition has hotted up since we last finished in the top four. I doubt this now. Was true 3 years back but not necessarily now.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Have to admit the competition has hotted up since we last finished in the top four. I doubt this now. Was true 3 years back but not necessarily now.
Teams get crazy hyped up but when you consider how poor we have been & the points difference its obtainable. The last two years 4th place team drawing over ten games & losing five or more.

TheArsenalis

Alexis is a hard worker but he isn't a smart worker and there is a huge difference. Emery sees this. It is why I said Iwobi would improve under Emery immensely and he has. Hard graft only gets you so far in the sport these days. You have to be smart and work at the right times. Alexis only seemed like such a hard worker because he would press when others weren't etc. That was more detrimental to our play than anything.
Emery likes precision and discipline. Alexis has one but it isn't discipline.
He press because he is a modern day footballer, he did at napoli and it was more engrained at Barca. It was what we was suppose to be doing. Because of this it made him infectious to the team, everyone followed his lead. And this why emeri would love him. He was the part of what arsenal was missing. He woke the team up and emeri wouldn't have to force fit him into a system, he is already tailor made for what emery like. Every player ass will have grace the bench for time to time.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He press because he is a modern day footballer, he did at napoli and it was more engrained at Barca. It was what we was suppose to be doing. Because of this it made him infectious to the team, everyone followed his lead. And this why emeri would love him. He was the part of what arsenal was missing. He woke the team up and emeri wouldn't have to force fit him into a system, he is already tailor made for what emery like. Every player ass will have grace the bench for time to time.
Sorry but you're living in lala land or perhaps you don;t actually understand the sport.
First off, he never pressed at the right time. There were countless breaks on our team because Alexis was going gung ho and pressing WITHOUT his teammates, which in itself leaves massive gaps and we were consistently damaged down the left flank as a result. There is a HUGE difference between one idiot running around like a headless chicken chasing down ghosts and a team enacting an effective press.
Secondly, He was not what we were missing. We were missing a striker and his goals filled that void but he was never the answer.

Alexis was great for us while he was here but this hero worship of him like he was this infallible player is absolute hogwash. He was a very disruptive player to the flow of our game and when his goals dried up that showed through clearly. He is and always has been a very selfish player with loads of talent. He plays for himself. In fact it is fitting to talk about him in here because Rambo does the exact same.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Iwobi signed a new contract this summer, no way he's on the same as AMN. I guess it's not super accurate.
Well if that’s true, it makes my post meaningless. I withdraw it unreservedly. ;)

TheArsenalis

Sorry but you're living in lala land or perhaps you don;t actually understand the sport.
First off, he never pressed at the wrong time. There were countless breaks on our team because Alexis was going gung ho and pressing WITHOUT his teammates, which in itself leaves massive gaps and we were consistently damaged down the left flank as a result. There is a HUGE difference between one idiot running around like a headless chicken chasing down ghosts and a team enacting an effective press.
Secondly, He was not what we were missing. We were missing a striker and his goals filled that void but he was never the answer.

Alexis was great for us while he was here but this hero worship of him like he was this infallible player is absolute hogwash. He was a very disruptive player to the flow of our game and when his goals dried up that showed through clearly. He is and always has been a very selfish player with loads of talent. He plays for himself.
Let's not talk about who doesn't understand sport. I'm not living in no Lala land either. Nobody says he was hero or infallible. Sometimes try to have a conversation without trying to make the sound silly. And we don't have to go into Alexis being disruptive, we already know this and I've said so before, this isn't that conversation.

Now I continue, Alexis triggering the press makes his team mates joined, at the start it was something they weren't use to. Of course it it's gonna leave gaps if it weren't done unison but after a while they started to get it. Them being outta sync it's not his fault.

I 're state he was what we were missing, as someone with the mentality and eagerness to press. The team needed to press nobody was doing it and he was the trigger. They made him look headless.

Lastly, this was not a bring back Alexis ploy, good riddance glad he is gone. Just saying he would work well under emery philosophy.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If the withdrawal of the contract offer was based on finances, was it a mistake in hindsight to bring Mkhi to the club instead of just selling Alexis for a fee? We arguably got the better end of that deal, but still Mkhi is on pretty high wages and probably isn’t as integral in a sporting sense as Ramsey, plus he’s older than Ramsey.

I think Mkhi is a superb player and I think if he actually started every game he’d register some impressive numbers, but if it’s a choice between a big contact for him or one for Ramsey I’d probably choose the latter. Looks now like our wage bill is squeezed and we don’t have a choice.

avalonhse

Let's not talk about who doesn't understand sport. I'm not living in no Lala land either. Nobody says he was hero or infallible. Sometimes try to have a conversation without trying to make the sound silly. And we don't have to go into Alexis being disruptive, we already know this and I've said so before, this isn't that conversation.

Now I continue, Alexis triggering the press makes his team mates joined, at the start it was something they weren't use to. Of course it it's gonna leave gaps if it weren't done unison but after a while they started to get it. Them being outta sync it's not his fault.

I 're state he was what we were missing, as someone with the mentality and eagerness to press. The team needed to press nobody was doing it and he was the trigger. They made him look headless.

Lastly, this was not a bring back Alexis ploy, good riddance glad he is gone. Just saying he would work well under emery philosophy.

Think you dont understand the sport really.

Players should only do pressing on plan and together, unlike what Alexis did. He did on his own, without manager instructions, that's why teammates in Arsenal didnt join him. It is fruitless and selfish effort, showing that he is not a team work player.

We can blame Wenger for not pressing but it is another story. Alexis teammates in Arsenal dont press is the right thing to do because the team formation will break if all acts without manager's plan.

Evidence is Alexis came to MU, a team requires everyone must trace back., like Mourinho punished Shaw in the past for not having defence mentality. Have Alexis been flourished in a team like that? The answer until now is absolutely no.

If Alexis play under Emory, he will be the same as Ramsey. Our great Rambo is the hard worker like Alexis. Have Emery played him a lot?

The answer is no, like Alexis tracing back without instruction, Ramsey is always bombing forward when the team needs him to stay back.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Interesting that the club don't think they'd be able to move him on after giving him an extension because of the increased wages. Because that would've been the sensible thing to do, sign him on an extension and sell him for 30-40m in the summer. Shows that the decision makers last summer when we didn't sell him for 50m were different from the ones calling the shots now.

TheArsenalis

Think you dont understand the sport really.

Players should only do pressing on plan and together, unlike what Alexis did.
This is true, and I understand. But have ever watched arsenal before Alexis and wonder why arnt we pressing? Ddnt you want us to press? He knew this was a idea and it was something most teams were doing. It won us possession and it won us goals.

We can blame Wenger for not pressing but it is another story.
When buy a player, you them because of the qualities they have, mostly something already lacking in your team. This one of Alexis. Wenger bought players and ddnt play them. So if he was doing something Wenger ddnt like them he wouldn't get played.

Evidence is Alexis came to MU, a team requires everyone must trace back., like Mourinho punished Shaw in the past for not having defence mentality. Have Alexis been flourished in a team like that? The answer until now is absolutely no. Why Alexis isn't flourishing there, I don't know but long may it continue.

If Alexis play under Emory, he will be the same as Ramsey. Our great Rambo is the hard worker like Alexis. Have Emery played him a lot? Your first point was that a team should press as part of a game plan, then if Alexis likes to press and this is particularly why emeri plays Ramsey why wouldnt alexis work?

This was all I'm saying the nature of his game, is a reason why I think he could play under emery.

The answer is no, like Alexis tracing back without instruction, Ramsey is always bombing forward when the team needs him to stay back.

Which game emery have Ramsey available and didn't play him? Just a question.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom