• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
This is the future. Ramsey's agent (and sorry to have to let you into a little secret) was banking on his client getting the benefit of staying on instead of the club having to find a replacement.

It's not only agents who are doing this, how many seasons have we now been told that the "war chest" includes wages? If Ramsey is replaced and his replacement is paid £120,000 a week then unless he costs less than £20 million we end up paying more than if we keep Ramsey.

That is the plain arithmetic of it, issues of "is he worth it" "should we not be keeping our long-serving players" are apart.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
This is the future. Ramsey's agent (and sorry to have to let you into a little secret) was banking on his client getting the benefit of staying on instead of the club having to find a replacement.

It's not only agents who are doing this, how many seasons have we now been told that the "war chest" includes wages? If Ramsey is replaced and his replacement is paid £120,000 a week then unless he costs less than £20 million we end up paying more than if we keep Ramsey.

That is the plain arithmetic of it, issues of "is he worth it" "should we not be keeping our long-serving players" are apart.
Its really locking the stable door after horses have bolted.

The wage bill is ****ed with what the likes of Özil, Micky, Aubameyang & Kolasinac have rinsed us for last 12 months. We are a club not in CL paying premium wages. Every new deal must be a struggle with other players wages. Any agent will also know what we agreed to pay Ramsey before calling it off.

ThlRama

Player:Saka

The wage bill is ****ed with what the likes of Özil, Micky, Aubameyang & Kolasinac have rinsed us for last 12 months. We are a club not in CL paying premium wages. Every new deal must be a struggle with other players wages. Any agent will also know what we agreed to pay Ramsey before calling it off.

In your main point you are right, but you are mentioning names for no reason. Kolasinac came on a free as the best LB in the Bundesliga, good luck attracting him with much less than what he is on; Aubameyang is literally one of the best and most proven CFs in the world; and Mkhitaryan is on what, somewhere between 120 and 150k?

If we want to look at our wage problem we can mention Özil who maybe was too expensive for us to keep, tough to tell, we can mention having two great goalkeepers which both earn a fortune, or we can point to Kolasinac not having succeeded yet, which is a different thing altogether than him "rinsing us" for not a lot more than what Ramsey is currently on. But our main wage problem is most of our spending for good players has come after the ridiculous inflation of the last few years, which means that clubs like Liverpool built squads paying 15-20m for great talent, while we spent two or three times as much per player, drying up our huge reserves overnight. It is the ridiculously low spending between 2011 and 2016 that has come back to bite us in the ass.

Jae

THats true, but I think that’s rameys agenet being fool plus Wenger going.

It was clear Sanchez’s relationship with the players were toast

With Ramsey, I think he never contemplated leaving, he just got arrogant and paid the price

Agreed totally mate, tried to be clever and it's backfired spectacularly.

Sanchez was a diva and he needed to go, was toxic at the end. Proved to be the right decision in the end because he's done nothing at United!

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
In your main point you are right, but you are mentioning names for no reason. Kolasinac came on a free as the best LB in the Bundesliga, good luck attracting him with much less than what he is on; Aubameyang is literally one of the best and most proven CFs in the world; and Mkhitaryan is on what, somewhere between 120 and 150k?

Ramsey is pretty much on a free now as well so Kolasinac a valid example. Why pay a LB anywhere close to 140k? Its insane & makes it impossible to shift.

Mino also got Mkhitaryan a 8.65m signing fee & Aubameyang a whole list of bonuses. Football leaks had both deals in their drops... Its crazy money for two round 30.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Ramsey is pretty much on a free now as well so Kolasinac a valid example.

You reckon Ramsey will be Bundesliga 2018/19 LB of the season? :lol:

He can certainly grab good wages and a hefty bonus but for me that will very likely happen at Everton or somewhere in Italy.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

First off, he never pressed at the right time. There were countless breaks on our team because Alexis was going gung ho and pressing WITHOUT his teammates, which in itself leaves massive gaps and we were consistently damaged down the left flank as a result. There is a HUGE difference between one idiot running around like a headless chicken chasing down ghosts and a team enacting an effective press.
This was sooooo annoying. The only thing more annoying were those who defended his actions. *facepalms*

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
You reckon Ramsey will be Bundesliga 2018/19 LB of the season? :lol:

He can certainly grab good wages and a hefty bonus but for me that will very likely happen at Everton or somewhere in Italy.
If the Fifa community wanted the card sure he would. Vote seems to be hijacked with that bias in mind.

Dj_sds -

If we want to look at our wage problem we can mention Özil who maybe was too expensive for us to keep, tough to tell, we can mention having two great goalkeepers which both earn a fortune, or we can point to Kolasinac not having succeeded yet, which is a different thing altogether than him "rinsing us" for not a lot more than what Ramsey is currently on. But our main wage problem is most of our spending for good players has come after the ridiculous inflation of the last few years, which means that clubs like Liverpool built squads paying 15-20m for great talent, while we spent two or three times as much per player, drying up our huge reserves overnight. It is the ridiculously low spending between 2011 and 2016 that has come back to bite us in the ass.

For a club renowned for being run like a business the comical hoarding of cash was one of the worst business decisions we could have made. We are probably the most risk averse club in world football.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I don't think the wage bill is f*cked as much as the club just thought Ramsey's wages were no longer worth it for whatever reason, whether that was change in senior management or Emery communicating that Ramsey was good but not that good.

Every club of our size can afford to have one or even two players on 300k plus per week, yes Özil didn't really deserve it but we can afford it. Kola's salary is perfectly fine, all free transfers have inflated wages. Micky's wages are pretty standard for a top European forward player, the signing on bonus is a bit peak though.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I don't think the wage bill is f*cked as much as the club just thought Ramsey's wages were no longer worth it for whatever reason, whether that was change in senior management or Emery communicating that Ramsey was good but not that good.

Every club of our size can afford to have one or even two players on 300k plus per week, yes Özil didn't really deserve it but we can afford it. Kola's salary is perfectly fine, all free transfers have inflated wages. Micky's wages are pretty standard for a top European forward player, the signing on bonus is a bit peak though.

Salah's new Liverpool contract gives him £200,000 a week, and Ramsey can only dream of having a season as good as Salah was last season...... £200,000 a week is a lot of money and should be getting you a borderline world class player at least.

Ramsey is pretty much on a free now as well so Kolasinac a valid example. Why pay a LB anywhere close to 140k? Its insane & makes it impossible to shift.

Mino also got Mkhitaryan a 8.65m signing fee & Aubameyang a whole list of bonuses. Football leaks had both deals in their drops... Its crazy money for two round 30.
I reckon you didn't catch his point about free transfers. Kola was the best LB that ssn with crazy assist numbers. And for a full back, those are insane numbers. That factor alone would get to squeeze more money from us!
Sometimes it doesn't matter the position one plays, as long as the player is (believed to be) exceptional talent. Chances are they will command huge salaries esp when they come at a bosman.
I do concur with your point about Micki though, we ought to have taken Sanchez's money and gone for a better player instead of paying what we are paying for him! It is salaries like his and Özil's that are not justified. Glad we have a new recruitment team that knows their ****.
Oh, and Auba's salary is justified for a top quality player, believe that.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
If the Fifa community wanted the card sure he would. Vote seems to be hijacked with that bias in mind.
Kolasinac was not in the TOTS because of people wanting a card. He was genuinely the league's best wingback that season.

If Ramsey plays at RB/LB somewhere and puts in a great performance throughout the season then why not :lol:

scytheavatar

Established Member
I reckon you didn't catch his point about free transfers. Kola was the best LB that ssn with crazy assist numbers. And for a full back, those are insane numbers. That factor alone would get to squeeze more money from us!
Sometimes it doesn't matter the position one plays, as long as the player is (believed to be) exceptional talent. Chances are they will command huge salaries esp when they come at a bosman.

Best LB in a league that is of lower standard than the premier league. Also he has been poor before that season, he wouldn't be the first or last player to have 1-2 godlike seasons despite being mediocre talent that eventually gets found out.

avalonhse

When you score the first 15 PL goals faster than anyone in the club history and the fan still say you dont deserve the wage. Typical Arsenal.

DqJHyhzV4AE_Jlv.jpg

Gursha

Who wants 20-50k extra in his salary, what a lunatic
why didnt he signed the contract offer that was on the table for a good few months?
What was his reasoning? i didnt add that thats my assumption... well, that was my assumption, whats yours?

Of course youll always want more than what you get offered, but i dont think they offered him the lower or even the same as his previous salary, so yes, he ****ed up signing the contract cause he wanted a bit more, thats what i think. you can demand that, but when you see the transfer window about to end, you gotta be more respectful to the club and say - " Hey, We are nearing the end of the window, I wont sign if you dont give what i requested/ I will sign even tho im disappointed you didnt meet my demands"
cause the club needs to prepare and buy his replacements...
He did an all in and went hard to get mode, and it cost him...

boyinneedofhumor

I'll like to throw in something for some of you here to consider...
(Its a defence/optimism of the current situation without the intention to defend specific players to the core...)

If Mkhi didnt start (beside Özil) today, who would you pick to start?
Will that name draw more groans and concerns?
(If Mkhi is the backup for Özil in CM, would we not be short in numbers/quality on RM?)

If we lose rheotorically just 2/3 of Ramsey, Welbeck and Mkhi simultaneously in a transfer window, would some of you fume?

If Monreal is aging and we have not even a Kolasinac, and with AMN only who's out and not a natural LB as his best position, is that a better scenario?
(I'll even go to some extent of proposing that, if we need to provide width on a different flank because opponents have targetted Bellerin, Kolasinac attacking as LB might throw opponents off guard.
We can have a defensive LB and attacking RB. Or vice versa. Heck, we could even have both attacking FBs. All in...)

W.r.t. to above, I just want to imply we have strength in depth, and we could mix it up.
Yes, perhaps we can afford to let one or two established players go (but only if some of the youngsters coming through are ready to stake a claim regularly in absence of reinforcements). Just not casually/hastily...

scytheavatar

Established Member
I'll like to throw in something for some of you here to consider...
(Its a defence/optimism of the current situation without the intention to defend specific players to the core...)

If Mkhi didnt start (beside Özil) today, who would you pick to start?
Will that name draw more groans and concerns?
(If Mkhi is the backup for Özil in CM, would we not be short in numbers/quality on RM?)

If we lose rheotorically just 2/3 of Ramsey, Welbeck and Mkhi simultaneously in a transfer window, would some of you fume?

If Monreal is aging and we have not even a Kolasinac, and with AMN only who's out and not a natural LB as his best position, is that a better scenario?
(I'll even go to some extent of proposing that, if we need to provide width on a different flank because opponents have targetted Bellerin, Kolasinac attacking as LB might throw opponents off guard.
We can have a defensive LB and attacking RB. Or vice versa. Heck, we could even have both attacking FBs. All in...)

W.r.t. to above, I just want to imply we have strength in depth, and we could mix it up.
Yes, perhaps we can afford to let one or two established players go (but only if some of the youngsters coming through are ready to stake a claim regularly in absence of reinforcements). Just not casually/hastily...

Ramsey will not want to be sitting on our bench, if he is not a starter he will leave us. Period. If we need someone to provide depth to us then we should buy Éver Banega or something (and a strong case can be made that we should), but that has nothing to do with us keeping Ramsey. If Ramsey is not good enough to be a starter then he should just be let go.

GoonerBoy19

It's more like Emery is phasing him out by slowly transitioning his role to other players. Of course he is a squad player and will play his role in rotation but he is nowhere a key player in the squad like before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom