• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Not really his biggest fan but I could really see either Madrid club, half of Italy & PSG taking him on a free. The free transfer changes everything.

Its kind of a myth these clubs just sign the very elite talents. Real Madrid for example have taken flyers on the likes of Illarramendi, Lucas Silva, Kovacic, Danilo, Casemiro, Chicharito etc in recent years. Some made a big impression, some a transfer profit & some flopped.

Saying that feel he is most likely to stay. Small group left that know what Arsenal is about. He has a free road to captaincy in the medium term, a huge contract offer & midfield reportedly build round him... Not many clubs will offer that.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Not really his biggest fan but I could really see either Madrid club, half of Italy & PSG taking him on a free. The free transfer changes everything.

Its kind of a myth these clubs just sign the very elite talents. Real Madrid for example have taken flyers on the likes of Illarramendi, Lucas Silva, Kovacic, Danilo, Casemiro, Chicharito etc in recent years. Some made a big impression, some a transfer profit & some flopped.

Saying that feel he is most likely to stay. Small group left that know what Arsenal is about. He has a free road to captaincy in the medium term, a huge contract offer & midfield reportedly build round him... Not many clubs will offer that.
Top post. Quite insightful.

Still think he sees his immediate future with us. I actually think Ramsey has been secretly wanting a new manager more than anything else. He is a smart lad and I think the captaincy bit is quite powerful and tempting. Particularly now that Jack has left.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I can see Ramsey staying with Arsenal until retirement, if we want him that long, and then committing himself to animal conservation, which he takes very seriously

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
If you take away his goals then he wouldn't be allowed or instructed to make runs, so no wouldn't be a huge liability to the team without them.
What he probably means is that the 25+ games where he doesn't score, he is a liability for the defense, which is true. I would rather have a proper centre midfielder in his position. Someone who is more concerned about dominating the midfield and creating chances for our strikers rather than scoring goals himself.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
What he probably means is that the 25+ games where he doesn't score, he is a liability for the defense, which is true. I would rather have a proper centre midfielder in his position. Someone who is more concerned about dominating the midfield and creating chances for our strikers rather than scoring goals himself.
While I'm not his biggest fan, I'd suggest that it's up to the manager to stop him from making some of his suicidal runs and work with him, especially as the talent is there, and he's scoring goals when he does it reasonably well. I think with a more mobile midfield partner than Xhaka, he'll thrive.

Longy

He won't be allowed to enter into a new year without re signing.

Still think Sven wants him gone because he is just not good enough.
The problem for us is that no one is coming in for him. Still laughable that people think the top top clubs would peruse him.

We need to sell him and fund our marquee signing for the year (unless Auba was it)

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Think there's definitely a place for him here, give him more instructions and he will be very valuable.

He shouldn't get involved in the build-up, that's simply not his forte. Out of possession he is a great presser and hard worker, in possession he should just move around and find smart pockets of space where he can get dangerous.

Most teams these days are mainly compromised of players who want the ball in their feet, having a player who is constantly on the move to create space for others and himself is getting more important I think.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Think there's definitely a place for him here, give him more instructions and he will be very valuable.

He shouldn't get involved in the build-up, that's simply not his forte. Out of possession he is a great presser and hard worker, in possession he should just move around and find smart pockets of space where he can get dangerous.

Most teams these days are mainly compromised of players who want the ball in their feet, having a player who is constantly on the move to create space for others and himself is getting more important I think.
Interesting. Never thought of that but certainly something we could use to our advantage.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
If you take away his goals then he wouldn't be allowed or instructed to make runs, so no wouldn't be a huge liability to the team without them.
Do you think positioning is his only problem? How about his technical abilities, passing, first touch, defensive abilities...

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Agree, he is one of the best at popping up in the right place at the right time, that's why he scores regularly for a midfielder. He has the knack, its not something you can easily teach. He does need to sign this summer though or we should start offering him around. I think he will sign, and I think Emery will want him to be part of the attack with Torreira & Xhaka playing more defensively.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Will never forget how he was the best player in the league in 13/14 and how we were top of the league for most of that season until he got injured for 4 months. Sort of the story of his career, reaches peak form just to be injured for half a season, I have sympathy but I feel like Arsène's reluctance to move on from Ramsey was part of his downfall.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Ramesy had shown in that 4months that he has the capabilities to be an elite b2b midfielder. Is stats up on till the injury were superior to yaya you're and offensively he be as scoring some screamers. I still believe with the right manager he can recapture that. CM is his strongest position.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The Telegraph mean the two senior midfielders in a three with the kid right?!

We cant try the same old for another season.

marting

Im just looking forward to Ramsey getting the tactical coaching he needs. Imagine a disciplined Ramsey! A Ramsey who knew exactly what his role was.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom