• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

About the unsung hero article

jay-d

Established Member
Personally I love his attitude but I'm not a fan of his overall game as a fullback. As I commented in another thread, to me he is an "in between" player. He neither excels at defending or going forward neither does he stink at either. In my opinion a quality full back needs to excel at one while being competent at the other. He all to often gets caught out positionaly and his lack of pace often means that it leads to a chance as his doesn't have that power of recovery. Like I said I love the guys attitude on the pitch and he is a good player but I do feel we need to replace him if we are to go forward and the fact we tried for Trabelsi tells me Arsène feels the same.

zerofeel

Lauren....used to be the weakest link in defence but i think he has improved tremendously over the 18months...he operates much like a right back should be instead of the midfielder he used to be and let us not forget that he was a midfielder before Wenger converted him right back.So he has improved alot i must say but still at times he does makes mistakes when he stay outta focus for a lil while or does the silliest of tackles or venture too upfield so much that alot of the time a pacy winger can exploit that hole he has opened...imho i still think we need a cover for the right back position and SAGNOL sounds like a good player to have if he ever signs

Wenger14

Established Member
I swear i thought i posted in here? Oh well :roll: silly me i guess.

Good article, and Lauren maybe the weakest link in our defense , but put in 90% of other RB's in the world into our defense and they'll still be the weakest link, even worse than Lauren.

Unless we replace him, don't release him.

wer

I dont think hes the weakest link in our defense. The way we attack there are bound to be 'holes' in our defense. You cant really solve it by replacing him with someone who can run faster. Instead let the team defend as a unit. Lauren is really a unsung hero.

Tegh

Established Member
The fact is he is solid, loyal, strong, quick enough, experienced, and good enough for our side. Who are we going to get that's better than him and available. Not to mention, younger than him.

invisibleman18

Established Member
brilliant article. ive always been a lauren fan, and i do really get a bit annoyed when people name their starting 11's and seem to be obsessed with toure at RB.
you hit the nail on the head when saying he consistently gets into the team of the year with no real notice.

further to his experience mentioned in the article, he also has an olympic gold medal. i remember him scoring the winning penalty in the final in sydney.

MK5

Tegh said:
The fact is he is solid, loyal, strong, quick enough, experienced, and good enough for our side. Who are we going to get that's better than him and available. Not to mention, younger than him.

As you can see in my post above I think Ralph is a decent player too but I can see Eboue overtake his place before the end of the season.

qs

Established Member
Temper? What ****ing temper? He often gets stuck in and often fouls but its usually very calculated and benificial for the team. I dont know how many times this season Ive seen him calming other players during heated incidents, but its lots. YOu just know he's thinking about a slyer way of getting revenge 10 minutes down the line.

invisibleman18

Established Member
weirmafia said:
I have to agree. In my opinion Lauren is one of the most underrated player in the premiership.

Its quite strange really. cos he is not underrated in the premiership, otherwise he would not get into the team of the year every season would he? he just seems to be underrated by his own team's fans IMO.

nidza7

Established Member
He is underrated indeed.For my money he`s one of the best players Arsenal had in recent years.He had a cruical role in all silverware we gain recently,true team player,never dropped-fantastic.

MK5

Thinking about it. As it looks at the moment I think Lauren should be our third choice in centre of midfield! I quite like Flamini but Lauren’s got more experience and could probably do an equally good job. After all he was voted the best player in the African Nations cup or whatever it’s called as a central midfielder for Cameroon a few years ago. The only problem I suppose is that AW would have to swoop and change around too much in the team if Ralph played as a right back in some games and central midfielder in others.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom