• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Actim index?

Adam

Established Member
Anyone heard of this. I think its now more used than OPTA stats.

http://www.actim.pa.press.net/top5.shtml

It does favour players doing well in succesful teams as one of it's measures is the players ability to contribute to a succesful team that wins games. This means any player outside the top 3 clubs has done exceptionally well to be in there.

This is the link for Opta stats:

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 37,00.html

Arsenal don't seem to be doing too bad in comparison to Chelsea. Through the years, though, i have never seen a team have more shots at goal than us. As usual, Man United are the best passers.

gooner#1

Yeah, I have heard of this .I mention this in a thread about Rooney I done a few months ago titiled "your Roobish" as he was the 200th best player then. :wink:

Adam

Established Member
Amazing we have the best two rated full backs. We do have better full backs than Chelsea or United. I'd take Lauren over Neville and Fereira. Amazing that he's also statistically doing better than Cole.

This has been Lauren's best year - so it pee's me off he is only getting one year. He is worth more years than Vieira has automatically earnt (Vieira is our top tackler according to those opra stats though by the way).

Notice how highly rated Toure is. Second best CB according to that.

It is strange how low Robben and Defoe are - so i wouldn't go anywhere near this as accurate.

kanuuu

Established Member
ExiledInNewcastle said:
Actim is actually taking over from OPTA (next season I think) as the 'official' stats.

I think it is already. It's what they use on Prmeierleague.com.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Adam said:
Amazing we have the best two rated full backs. We do have better full backs than Chelsea or United. I'd take Lauren over Neville and Fereira. Amazing that he's also statistically doing better than Cole.

This has been Lauren's best year - so it pee's me off he is only getting one year. He is worth more years than Vieira has automatically earnt (Vieira is our top tackler according to those opra stats though by the way).

Notice how highly rated Toure is. Second best CB according to that.

It is strange how low Robben and Defoe are - so i wouldn't go anywhere near this as accurate.

robben started the season late (only 11 starts so half of the seaon so far, whilst defoe's low stats is more baffling. although it perharps suggests it isnt all about goals which is a good thing.

the interesting thing is that i cannot find fabregas in the top 100. i'm pleased that there are highly placed non-strikers there like cole, lauren, terry, gravesen which again backs the fact that the ratings isnt based on goals but indeed all round performance. based on this, can anyone explain fabregas' abscence from the top 100? he has 15 prem starts so surely thats enough for him to be considered?

would this be a strong challenge to the belief that fabregas has been our best player this season or our most consistent as some have put it? or even that he has had more of an impact than vieira? its clear he is a talented boy, but whilst being steady he isnt having a major impact on the team which is to be expected from a 17 year old. we have that to look forward to in the future.

informed1

I mentioned this index thing a while back at the start of the season for the first 2-3 weeks all arsenal players were in the top 20 there was a point when we had 8 players in the top 10.

Its based on a number of things including games layed, goals scored, crosses etc. Obviously we had injured players who missed a few matches such as campbell, cole and vieira. Fabregas was higher but he missed a few matches as was also substituted in others. Lauren, freddie, and pires have been regulars in the top ten and henry has been no. one for a few months now.

Lehmann was also no. one goalkeeper for at least 3 months then we went through our blip and everyone started dropping down the rankings but not through dire performances but mainly because other players have been improving and more importantly scoring goals.

kiddou

patrick42uk said:
Adam said:
the interesting thing is that i cannot find fabregas in the top 100. i'm pleased that there are highly placed non-strikers there like cole, lauren, terry, gravesen which again backs the fact that the ratings isnt based on goals but indeed all round performance. based on this, can anyone explain fabregas' abscence from the top 100? he has 15 prem starts so surely thats enough for him to be considered?

would this be a strong challenge to the belief that fabregas has been our best player this season or our most consistent as some have put it? or even that he has had more of an impact than vieira? its clear he is a talented boy, but whilst being steady he isnt having a major impact on the team which is to be expected from a 17 year old. we have that to look forward to in the future.

77 F Fabregas Arsenal 2.37

take a better look :)
btw Jose Reyes is 82nd even though he missed couple of games and lost his form
respect to Freddie who is 7th ( SWP is 8th...so much for our ''crap'' right side :)
Henry the NO 1 :)
oh and Pires is doing pretty well according to the stats...

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom