• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Adam Matthews

Zico

Established Member
Glovegun said:
Talented kid but I see Sagna as a nailed-on fixture there for another 5 years minimum.

... by which point Matthews will be the ripe old age of 22. From that perspective, it would be an excellent buy. That is around the age Clichy emerged as a reliable starter.

Clarkey

I know I shouldn't raise it as we all get fed up of the trait of Arsène at the best of times, but from those seeing Adam play, is he a player that could be adapted to another role too based on his ability? As of so, Arsène is most likely rubbing his hands with glee as it adds a right back prospect, and whets his fetish of playing guys out of position to evolve.

Lazaq

Meatwad said:
sagna is not being run into the ground. he's the most rested starting XI player.
He's played only two games less than Arshavin so far, and has no proper cover. I'd say he's got his work cut out for him at least ...

asajoseph

Established Member
If Eboue dose not constitute 'proper cover', I'm not sure what does really.

I know he's got his flaws, but he also has great strengths, and how many teams can really boast 'cover' as good as him?

longrufus

Established Member
For me Eboue is not just cover, but rather a real alternative. I've said many times against weaker opposition he should start as he provides a much better attacking threat.

Although I dont see any harm in bringing in a young player to provide a more long term option at right back, especially if he can offer something both in attack and defence.

Zico

Established Member
Eboue is better than the starting right backs at all our closest rivals bar Chelsea.

KY

Established Member
Zico said:
Eboue is better than the starting right backs at all our closest rivals bar Chelsea.

not sure if you can say he's better than johnson. That's really up for debate...

ricky1985

Established Member
The fact that it's debateable whether or not Eboue is a better right back than the £19m man says it all really.

longrufus

Established Member
I would much rather have Eboue in my team, Johnson is marginally better going forward but appalling defensively.

Accomplished

Established Member
I agree, I'd much rather have Eboue, but then again, I'm sure Liverpool fans would think that's ridiculous. He's definitely one of the best right backs in the league when he plays there..

longrufus

Established Member
To be honest I think that was one of the worst pieces of business Benitez has ever done. Selling Arbeloa for £3 million, and buying Johnson for £17m on a 139k a week contract. I think they are worse off defensively and massively out of pocket.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
longrufus said:
To be honest I think that was one of the worst pieces of business Benitez has ever done. Selling Arbeloa for £3 million, and buying Johnson for £17m on a 139k a week contract. I think they are worse off defensively and massively out of pocket.

Is Johnson's contract really 139k p/w? If so may the stay of Rafa a Pool continue. KRAP.

longrufus

Established Member
Shadow Moses said:
longrufus said:

Is Johnson's contract really 139k p/w? If so may the stay of Rafa a Pool continue. KRAP.
Geln Johnson 139k

Meatwad

you don't really believe that daily heil bullshit though? there is no way glen johnson is on 139k a week.

Lazaq said:
He's played only two games less than Arshavin so far, and has no proper cover. I'd say he's got his work cut out for him at least ...
i don't understand the relevance. it's not like arshavin is our most played player. sagna has started 21 games and came off the bench in 2. the two cbs have started 28 games. and song has 26 starts and 1 sub. the oft-injured cesc has started 21 games (1 sub) this season and diaby 20 (3 sub) and he also had time in the treatment room. for a player who hasn't been injured this season sagna gets a lot of rest. he has the best cover on the team.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
"I know Manchester United and Arsenal are in for the lad"

Cardiff City chairman Peter Risdale has confirmed that Premier League giants Manchester United and Arsenal FC are both interested in signing Bluebirds youngster Adam Mathews.

The 18-year-old Welshman is one of the brightest young talents in the country and was the recent recipient of the Championship Apprentice of the Year award. The Wales Under-21 star has made 27 league appearances for Dave Jones’ side, and Cardiff City chairman Risdale suggested his form has not gone unnoticed by Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsenal FC’s Arsène Wenger.

The Cardiff City defender was rumoured to be on the radar of Manchester United and Arsenal FC during the January transfer window with reports purporting of a £4 million move, however such is the starlet’s promise, the play-off chasing Championship side are likely to push for higher terms, even though Risdale suggested they wanted to retain the player.

Ridsdale told FourFourTwo.com: “We’ve had two or three enquiries and I know Manchester United and Arsenal are in for the lad,"

"But there is no agreement with any club, verbal or otherwise. We want Adam to stay with Cardiff and that’s what we are hoping will happen.”

"Our aim is to strengthen the squad. We don’t want to let any key players go."

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Hmm. I just realised that the story's a complete rehash of the article in the first post of this thread. The quotes are identical. Looks like they did a real copy-paste job. Sorry about bumping the thread. You'd trust Sport to do something like this, I guess. Bottom-feeding Internet scrap.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom