• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Adebayor' Debut...

What do you think about his perfomance today:

• Inspiration for the first Arsenal game that won't last long

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He deserves a place in first 11 already

• He will be in first 11, but not yet

• Total voters

Ratinho

Established Member
Strangely subdued reaction imo. I think he solved a lot of our previous problems, with link play upfront and having a genuine striker to get in on the end of 'tap ins'.

He shows great maturity on the pitch for a 21 year old, and seems to have a very good awareness of what's around him.

Did everything he had to do right, and showed that if he can develop over time he could be a very big asset.

Strikers may be judged on goals, but why people are so sure that a guy with a 1 in 3 striker rate in France at the age of 21, and who scores masses of goals for his terrible National side, won't get goals is beyond me.

oreo

Tegh said:
True, I can't believe he's only 21 years old.

You have to! That son is gotta kick opponent in their nuts! So will Diaby. :twisted: :twisted:

weelip

Decent debut. However, i am not getting too excited about him yet. Hopefully he builds on this and gain from strength to strength. If I am not mistaken, Kanu did fantastic for us in his first season only to get lazy and complacent.

Legend#1

Established Member
weelip said:
Decent debut. However, i am not getting too excited about him yet. Hopefully he builds on this and gain from strength to strength. If I am not mistaken, Kanu did fantastic for us in his first season only to get lazy and complacent.

What's Adebayor gotta do with Kanu.. He isn't Kanu's cloned love child.

oreo

Legend#1 said:
weelip said:

His hairstyle is worst than Kanu too.

Ratinho

Established Member
He's nothing like Kanu ffs!

African and tall....must be like Kanu. :rolleyesandyawnpossiblysighing:

MK5

The goal he scored was exactly the type of goals we've been missing. He seems quite direct and hopefully he can improve our team.

I know it's a balance but I really hope his arrival doesn't lead to more swooping and rotation than necessary though. I'm a strong believer in playing players regularly and having a pretty much already decided first 11 where all players know their role in the team. Wenger should decide which one of Adebayour, Van Persie or Bergy he wanna make Henry's first choice striking partner.. I'd personally stick With Henry & Van Persie and then use Adebayor as a player to come on whenever we need it.

jester

Established Member
i can almost hear wenger now:
"right, playing it around on the floor doesnt work, just ****ing lump it up to ade...... and jose, get off the floor"

weelip

Legend#1 said:
weelip said:

Actually not directly comparing him with Kanu. I just want to add that Kanu made a great start to his Arsenal career too only to fizzle out in the end. I sincerely hope that Adebayor will not follow his path.

PS: I would have said the same about Diaby too, only this thread is not about him.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I am surprised just how quick Adebayor is , by the way completely different to Kanu. Adebayor is an old fashion centre forward and makes plenty of runs into the box , Kanu was more a 2nd striker. Adebayor is much better than Kanu in the air.

polaris sc

celestis said:
I am surprised just how quick Adebayor is , by the way completely different to Kanu. Adebayor is an old fashion centre forward and makes plenty of runs into the box , Kanu was more a 2nd striker. Adebayor is much better than Kanu in the air.

he does seem to have alot of pace, but seemed to be Lazy at timed during the game

f4evo

monaco_adebayor_0405.jpg

andre3000.jpg

A

Anonymous

polaris sc said:
celestis said:

he does seem to have alot of pace, but seemed to be Lazy at timed during the game

Basing this one 90mins at birmingham? Prick?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

U talking to me Khaoz? nah, on watching monaco games and compilations of him .

EJub

I liked what I saw. He does have Kanu-type presence, but he seems more energetic or motivated throughout the game. (But I still love Kanu regardless)
He also seems to use the height he has, he can pull down and head more balls than any other Gunner could in a while.

I'm not sure in modern football if a true first 11 exists - but he is first team material.

A

Anonymous

celestis said:
U talking to me Khaoz? nah, on watching monaco games and compilations of him .

If you happened to say "he does seem to have alot of pace, but seemed to be Lazy at timed during the game" - Then yes. But if you happen to base anything off a compilation then the prick comment would apply to you as well.

It's an unfair practise to form even a part of an opinion on little net compilations.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

:lol: agree with you on the compilation bit, however the point was , have seen enough of him to know he ain't nothing like Kanu. Lol! also saw one on Reyes mostly sevilla and some of last season as well . Looked a ****in world beater.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom