• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Adebayor STAYS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerAG

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/7477527.stm

Emmanuel Adebayor has ended speculation about his immediate future by announcing he is staying at Arsenal.

The Togo striker, who scored 30 goals in 48 games for Arsenal last season, has been a target for both Italian side AC Milan and Catalan club Barcelona.

But the 24-year-old said in Vienna: "I am an Arsenal player and have three years left on my contract.

"The most important thing for me is to keep on enjoying my football. I'm staying at Arsenal."

AC Milan, who signed Mathieu Flamini from the Gunners in May, had previously announced that Adebayor was their only other target this summer.

Gunners boss Arsène Wenger has also been in Austria for the European Championship, but has not spoken to Adebayor about the player's future.

Should talks ever take place over a move, the former Monaco striker insisted money would not be a factor.

"When I was young I had a dream to be a good footballer and play for a big team," said Adebayor, who was in Vienna with his sponsors.

"I was born in Togo so I never cared about playing for money, my happiness was to play to enjoy myself. That's what I've been doing until now.

"You can see people changing clubs because of money, because they want a change of atmosphere or to get their names in the big leagues. I just play football to enjoy myself. I play because I love it."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now there's loyalty to you!

Lancelot

Established Member
Err, mate, I don't want to ruin the party here, but that stuff belongs in his thread.

There is no need to start a new one.

GoonerAG

Lancelot said:
Err, mate, I don't want to ruin the party here, but that stuff belongs in his thread.

Easy 'ard, no worries, I didn't see it and I'm new here! :wink:

number_0

Established Member
What a shame.

So whats the good news.

I really liked reading how we are linked to crouch and koller.

Feanor

Established Member
Because it's not really a story...some of us knew he was staying. He is not going anywhere as long as Cesc and Wenger stay. It's too bad that one **** (Flamini) has everyone questioning all of our player's commitment to this team.

TomasCR

Established Member
GoonerAG said:
Lancelot said:

Easy 'ard, no worries, I didn't see it and I'm new here! :wink:

How it´s possible you have made just 15 posts and you´re already a Forum member? :lol:

You must be very talented then...

Well, I guess everyone here except one guy is happy that Ade is staying but there is no need to have another his thread mate. ;)

TomasCR

Established Member
Well, just read in other thread his decision is not definite yet...

Lock this thread or I will cry !

KY

Established Member
i kinda wanna see Tomas CR cry...can you put the video recorder on and post me a link when u upload it in youtube? :p

TomasCR

Established Member
Yup KY, that´s not a problem, really. I just hope the Mods are going to lock it as I don´t want you all to know how big my tears can be ! :)

invisibleman18

Established Member
However, just an hour after that interview he told Sky Sports:

"I am a footballer, I have a three-year contract at Arsenal but as you know, a lot of clubs are interested in me... At the moment we are just going to sit down and talk and decide what to do."

"Nothing has been decided yet. We will decide next week."

Link

This is far from over.

nazo

Established Member
They're probably using the quotes from that interview, because tbh they are kind of vague.

Smartly Dressed Morris

AnthonyG said:
Smartly Dressed Morris said:
All , I repeat ALL of tomorrows english newspapers are saying he is off.

He's going.
Do you work in the press industry Morris?

Nope but sky sports news had all tomorrows back pages. What is unusual is they all say the same thing.

Normally when there is speculation by the press you will get variations on a theme , not them all saying he is off.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1352053.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... 352053.ece</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom