• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Adebayor: They Needed the Money

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Lancelot said:
Lord Dula said:
didnt rate that thierry bloke then no?
That's the thing, isn't it, Dules? Arsène went on and bought Titi for around £10.5m which, at the time, was somewhat considered as a gamble. The point I'm trying to make is that I don't believe that we needed to sell Anelka in order to strengthen the squad then and the same goes for Adebayor now.

Anelka wasnt sold to strengthen the squad and same goes to Ade ( i think). There has to be other additional factors most likely having to do with the need for $$. Anelka transaction was probably the best business ever done by Wenger. Lets hope same applies to Ade because i dont see the money going to buy another striker.

Lancelot

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Well I don't know about you, but I treasure London Colney much more than I treasure Anelka. And like Dules said, that Henry chap turned out to be a pretty good stop-gap solution too so I'm fine with how things went there, really.
I do treasure the London Colney as well and that was indeed a good use of money if you ask me. Again, are we in so much need of the London Colney II that we have to sell Adebayor in order to fund such project? I think not.

Lancelot

Established Member
Lord Dula said:
Lance - Anelka was a rotten egg. He, maybe due to his brothers influence, constantly moaned and wanted out. Seem to recall him falling out with Overmars, to the point where it was claimed they would pass to each other
Precisely, mate. I think Adebayor is also a rotten egg and that is exactly why he must go, not because we need the money.

EDIT:
@thegame24: check your PM, mate. :)

Lancelot

Established Member
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
There has to be other additional factors most likely having to do with the need for $$.
What could those factors be though, Mbaki? The need surely is neither for another state-of-the-art training facility which we already have one nor for further expansion of our premium scouting network.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Lancelot said:
Klaus Daimler said:
Well I don't know about you, but I treasure London Colney much more than I treasure Anelka. And like Dules said, that Henry chap turned out to be a pretty good stop-gap solution too so I'm fine with how things went there, really.
I do treasure the London Colney as well and that was indeed a good use of money if you ask me. Again, are we in so much need of the London Colney II that we have to sell Adebayor in order to fund such project? I think not.
No, but I wasn't talking about Adebayor :wink: I wasn't keen on selling him either. But I understand why we let Anelka go.

BannedKwame

This crap is done.

Ade is gone.

**** him. Best of luck to him.

But I hope his team fails miserably, which means he also has to fail.

For that, sorry, Ade, but **** you, again.

One Love.

kooldawg

Established Member
We'll probably be spending the 25 million to buy some more youngsters and show a transfer profit and claim that we are running a responsible operation. :D

After all we won't stoop down to the level of Chelsea and soon Man City and actually have big ambitions :D

ultradoc

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2554437/Gael-Clichy-says-Emmanuel-Adebayor-left-Arsenal-for-the-money-on-offer-at-Manchester-City.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... -City.html</a>

It must be a science in itself how and what the Sun make of any comments by players. jeez

DC Gunner

Established Member
Biggus said:
BannedKwame said:
This crap is done.

Not quite, Ade is gone but there are supposedly 25 big ones coming our way.

Show me the money Wenger- Show me the money!
I don't believe he will spend anything on an influential player, that train has left the station for me, we either don't have money [before ADE] or ....?

kamikaze80

Established Member
our club is a joke. we had bigger ambitions when we played in a smaller stadium and had less money. i'm thinking more and more that the invincibles were a one-off golden age for arsenal and that it's never going to be as good as that again.

AshburtonGhost

I agree Kami and I don't think we'll see any significant changes until the stadium has been paid off, the board leaves/takeover, or Wenger leaves and is replaced by a manager who will ask for real money to build a proper team. My main concern is the level we may have descended to by the time these come to fruition.

Lord Dula

Established Member
we'll have to learn to downsize our expectations then - granted thats tough to do anyhow, let alone the spin the board and ol'Wengs puts on things

alboots101

Established Member
hahaha...you will al come round to my way of thinking in the end........

above sp*rs......i keep telling ya....

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Latest posts

Top Bottom