• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Adebayor v Bendtner

stiiphunn

Established Member
RC8 said:
So many people here believing everything the Sun says to hurt us makes me sick.

"a source said" FFS, that could have been a Tottenham fan at the stadium.

The Sun never get it right. I feel tempted to lock this topic, but I'm afraid someone would hijack the Adebayor thread to tell us how he told Bendtner he is s**t according to The oh so glorious Sun.

lol why would you want to lock it? Let people discuss what they think about it. You might be right, they might be right, or we might be all wrong... Who knows really?

Zico

Established Member
looks like a kiss to me.

the beauty of this is the media seem to have under-reported on Sp**s' great acievement.

RC8

Established Member
stiiphunn said:
lol why would you want to lock it? Let people discuss what they think about it. You might be right, they might be right, or we might be all wrong... Who knows really?

Because the amount of people bashing Ade for something he obviously did not do is embarrassing and unacceptable.

However, it wouldn't solve anything, so the thread is still open.

Alfonso

Established Member
Last season the incident between Bellamy and Riise changed Liverpool's season, bought the players closer together and helped them progress to the final of the CL so perhaps there will be some positivies from this. There is nothing wrong with a seige mentality.

Jameel46

Established Member
quincy42 said:
looks like a kiss to me.

the beauty of this is the media seem to have under-reported on Sp**s' great acievement.

it's must've been planned :D , as long as they don't talk too much about our loss, i'm happy for this situation to run until our win against Newcastle in the FA Cup.

if we don't win, another fight will have to be staged. Senderos vs. Theo? :lol:

stuart

Established Member
noticed that myself when reading the paper.."a source said" oh dear. How anyone can be so idiotic to beleive this sh1t is beyond me. It seems everyone but Arsenal fans want to make something of this incident. People are trying to tarnish our name but i cant see it working. I've really not thought anymore about the incident. Some people dont get on in life..

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I heard that on sky sports they are saying Ade won't get punished.
If that really is the case then I really couldn't give a **** about this nomore.
Big deal out of something incredibly common.

AliBabaBrewer

Not liking how Bendtner's knob-for-brains father is blasting Adebayor in the press.

The bloke really gets on my tits.
To be fair, he can't really call Adebayor 'brainless', when his son does literally nothing all game but score a goal for Sp**s.

Especially as Adebayor came on and was literally our best player all game.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
Very good to hear no action will be taken against Ade. I don't buy all this **** The Sun etc. are talking about. I just think they were just caught up in the heat of the moment and they let their frustration out, well, at least Ade did.

I really hope there's no further problems between them.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
AliBabaBrewer said:
Not liking how Bendtner's knob-for-brains father is blasting Adebayor in the press.

To be fair, he can't really call Adebayor 'brainless', when his son does literally nothing all game but score a goal for Sp**s.

So "doing nothing" is now deserving of a headbutt? If Adebayor instigated (no one really knows, the Sun is using generic crap), then it's inexcusable. I'm sure there is some jealousy there, especially with Ade's ever growing ego, and we already know about Bendtner's ego. Wenger will sort it out, speculating any further is kind of pointless.

Illusion

Established Member
Seems no punishment for either of them, but the FA will write to them to remind them of their responsibilities.

AliBabaBrewer

MDGoonah41 said:
AliBabaBrewer said:

So "doing nothing" is now deserving of a headbutt? If Adebayor instigated (no one really knows, the Sun is using generic crap), then it's inexcusable. I'm sure there is some jealousy there, especially with Ade's ever growing ego, and we already know about Bendtner's ego. Wenger will sort it out, speculating any further is kind of pointless.

I'm not saying that Bendtner's play condoned violence, if he'd've played that way into injury time, maybe. (Hah! I'm kidding! Don't bust my balls!)

I'm just saying, Bendtner's Dad is very outspoken. When it's an issue between the players, the players should sort it out. Not his agent/Dad

IBL

Established Member
As usual media like to make a massive thing out of something quite minor especially after a poor result, remember when we drew away to a Norwegian team in the CL and all we got in the papers the next day was the nothing 'incident' between Lauren and Vieira. These things always happen between players when things arent going well, Ade went over the top but I like to believe he's seen the error of his ways and will sort things out.

The Sun comes out with the usual crap and squeeze as much as they can out of this story, what do you expect from such a s**t tabloid

lagos

Established Member
Seriously Benntdner's dad shouldn't be getting involved. It''s clear to me Ade was wrong, but doesn't he realsie his son has go back to Arsenal and will have to face Ade everyday? who's the brainless one?

sesquioxide

MDGoonah41 said:
So "doing nothing" is now deserving of a headbutt? If Adebayor instigated (no one really knows, the Sun is using generic crap), then it's inexcusable.

The Guardian said this:

"Bendtner refused and is understood to have raked Adebayor's achilles."

This wasn't the only report, if I remember correctly, that said that some physical action from Bendtner triggered the "headbutt". And If Bendtner did kick Adebayor's achilles first then a return physical attack is understandable, if not exactly expected.

Anyway, great news none of them get any bans or suspensions.

dutchMasta

Great news. I was actually expecting the worst, like a 3+ match ban for both, and given our injuries, could have effectively killed off our title hopes.

It's rare we'll be put in a similar situation (should be anyway), so hopefully they should learn from it and move on.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom