• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aiden McGeady

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Celtic youngster Aiden McGeady is linked with a move to Arsenal.

The 20 year old forward has earlier been described by Martin O'Neill as a player with a fantastic potential. And it could be that O'Neill also would like to bid on his former player.

He has already been capped three times by Republic of Ireland and played 60 league games for Celtic in which he has scored 10 times.

another forward? well looks a promising prospect

jester

Established Member
is there a link for this? (if there is i'll move it)

anyway, 10 goals in 60 games in scotland isnt impressive at all.

Edit: http://www.celtic.vitalfootball.co.uk/a ... sp?a=33273

i found one, most of the rumours include either manutd or Sp**s, or say about hartson calling him better than wright-phillips and is worth 20mill.
Oh - and he's a winger apparently.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
I saw him play only once for the full game. Last season in trashing Rangers 3-0. He played more left midfielder at that game and he was really very pacey, very fast and his crossing was just amazing. ButI guess some of you saw him play much more.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
So this seems like yet another left winger we're linked with. Again, I think it's probably a case of us scouting the good young wingers that are around at the moment, but obviously we're not going to sign the majority of the those that we have been linked with. Still seems more likely that we'll sign Naismith.

qs

Established Member
>YounGunner< said:
Hes one of the best british talents. Would not mind if wenger went for him.

He's not British.

He's decent enough but I dont know if he's good enough for the top level. We should keep and eye on him ut I dont think he'd get his game regularly right now.

asajoseph

Established Member
Of course :roll: Ribery.

Anyhoo, McGeady's been known as a top talent for some time, and we're not the first club to be linked to him. He's had good performances on and off in his career, but this season looks to be, so far, the one where he's really starting to come into his own.

Again though, I'm not too sure we need him, and I'm fairly confident that we won't sign him.

anesumachoko

asajoseph said:
Of course :roll: Ribery.

Anyhoo, McGeady's been known as a top talent for some time, and we're not the first club to be linked to him. He's had good performances on and off in his career, but this season looks to be, so far, the one where he's really starting to come into his own.

Again though, I'm not too sure we need him, and I'm fairly confident that we won't sign him.

l personally think signing ribry would show a great statement of intend, than you could ever imagine, you see ribery is mr LO'M at the moment and was very much a key player in the france squad but is a very incosistent fellow a bently type of player who shows flashes once in a while

PiresPuma06

He wouldn't be so good for us as we already have Rosicky who can do better at what he can bring to us. He will probably go to some mid-table team like Aston Villa, Blackburn or a lower in the table team like Sp**s.

qs

Established Member
Mostarac said:
qs said:
He's not British.

I see he is born and grew up in Glasgow, and Scotland are a part of Britain, are they not?

Well considering he plays for ireland and Celtic i doubt he'd describe himself as British.

R.V.P_11

we wont sign mcgeady
because he's a good player but will never be anything more than that,

honestly iv seen him play alot and he's not arsenal material
maybe aston villa though

GlasGreenGunner

The guy is still young, and is playing in a position that I don't personally think is his best position.
His best position is just behind the strikers, but he is being played out left, the way Strachan likes to play left and right footed players on the opposite wings. (Nakamura plays on the right, and again he isn't a winger either).
The skills the guy has are phenominal, but his weakness is knowing (or not knowing) when is best to pass.
This season he has been Celtic's best player by far, and his game seems to have really taken off.
Maybe seeing what Maloney did last season has spurred him on.
His only disappointing game this season was against Man United at Old Trafford.
Still has a few seaons left on his contract, but is likely to bet a new one this season based on his performances.
Celtic would look for at least £10 million, and I can't say I would blame them.
The guy may not be worth that much evidently, but when in the EPL very average players can move for around about that figure, then it's only fair.
Is not a goal scorer much either, more of a creator, so if you know anything about football I wouldn't judge the guy just because he doesn't score a lot of goals in Scotland.

Personally I hope the guy never leaves Celtic, as like I said he is getting better all the time, and will be a top, top player.
Just hope he is fit for next Tuesday's game against Benfica, so he can tear them apart like he did to Copenhagen in the last round of the CL, and like he has done to defences in the SPL all season so far.
Still, at least we have wee Maloney to come back in as cover if he isn't fit.
Surprised nobody has been linked with him, especially since his contract is up at the end of the season.
Though he does want to stay apparently.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
The boy is very talented, and under Wenger I've no doubt he'd become an exceptional player. As has been mentioned though, he probably wouldn't come cheap and as a result probably isn't worth it.

He's becoming more consistent and is in terrific form this season, which has contributed to him breaking into the ROI setup (not hard mind you). He's got great technique, is quick and is a good dribbler. He reminds me of Hleb sometimes but he's more naturally adept at playing in wide roles than Aleks (he obviously isn't as good though, at least not yet). Himself and Kevin Doyle are Ireland's brightest prospects.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom