• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazyfreak

Thought he looked great. It’s clear to me he has got box-to-box/defensive midfielder written all over him.
Jeez! How ironic is that?! You think Ainsley "I'm not a defender" Maitland-Niles has DEFENSIVE midfielder written all over him?!?! Umm.... OK!

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Jeez! How ironic is that?! You think Ainsley "I'm not a defender" Maitland-Niles has DEFENSIVE midfielder written all over him?!?! Umm.... OK!

Do you not understand that there is a difference between being able to contribute defensively and being a defender.

AMN is a midfielder who is good enough to defensively to be able to play in defense if necessary. However, that is not his best position. This is pretty simple.

He is definitely a B2B midfielder and not a fullback.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Good to see him have a decent game. Starting to worry about him ever being a regular player but he has so many qualities that you give more chances than many others to prove himself.

Very quick, eats up ground, clean technically and very composed on the ball, too composed at times it has to be said.

Underhill

Better than an out of form Bellerin perhaps. I still rate him well enough to be the backup RB, but if he really doesn't want it im not sure what else we can do with him. Perhaps it is time to cash in.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We are crying out for a RB and CM....he can play both positions.

needs to be brought back.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not sure. He is basically mkitharian consistent-wise.
good assessment, although he doesn't fluctuate as much.

He needs to up his concentration...he is quite good in almost all other aspects.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
good assessment, although he doesn't fluctuate as much.

He needs to up his concentration...he is quite good in almost all other aspects.
His concentration is his only flaw IMO, it just happens to be such an issue that it affects a large part of his game. He needs to be much more reliable. I do think he's one of many young players in this squad who needs much more involvement in possession (AMN was better under Wenger's Arsenal when it came to possession) to look good but it's still something he absolutely must work on if he wants to be top level. He has all the tools but that intangible must be worked on.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I feel like we've missed a trick with him. Ox had many of the same doubts about playing in midfield, but I don't think you can survive in the PL without players in your midfield who have dynamism.

Unfortunately although I still think he has a high ceiling, when he switches off it's hard to watch.

Symbia

Amn is 22
Ndidi is 22

There is a league of difference between them.
Realistically, Ndidi is much older than 22. This is not giving excuses for AMN horror though afterall, Maddison is 22 as well.

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
One of them has been given a lot of game time in their appropriate position.

Yep. Ndidi had a lot of question marks over him under Puel. He's now flourishing under a great coach. It's not a coincidence.

OSBK

Established Member
One of them has been given a lot of game time in their appropriate position.

When you say appropiate position, is that the position the player prefers over what he is suited to. Before you answer think back to theo wanting to play number 9 but even with some game time there it didnt suit him. Just because a player says that his best position doesnt mean he can actually play there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom