• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

AISA Supporter Survey

asajoseph

Established Member
Guys,

This is largely aimed at match goers, but I thought it was worth posting here in case anyone wants to take part.

The AISA have reasonable clout, and are well connected, so your views will be heard by the club.

Link

hackajack

Established Member
GaelForce22 said:
Q4. Do you think the catering facilities offer value for money? :lol:
It's really ****ing silly they'd make a shedload of money if they franchised McDs or even handed it over to some enterprising local fish and chip crew/kebab crew.

IBL

Established Member
GaelForce22 said:
Truly unbelievable prices, I always try to smuggle in a few snacks for half-time, no way am I paying around a tenner for pie and drink!

Tony Montana

Established Member
Ice Berg legend said:
GaelForce22 said:
Truly unbelievable prices, I always try to smuggle in a few snacks for half-time, no way am I paying around a tenner for pie and drink!
Is it really that bad? :lol:

I've just never even bothered looking at the prices. I've always known the prices are ridiculous.

How much for a hot dog?

The pizza slices look absolutely pathetic.

ricky1985

Established Member
Done.

Hacka thats a great point about the franchising of the catering at the Emirates. I don't know of any other football club in England that are doing it, but it's a great idea.

asajoseph

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
Ice Berg legend said:
GaelForce22 said:
Is it really that bad? :lol:

I've just never even bothered looking at the prices. I've always known the prices are ridiculous.

How much for a hot dog?

The pizza slices look absolutely pathetic.

I don't normally eat at the game, but the hot-dogs are about the only things edible. IIRC, they cost a fiver though!

IBL

Established Member
It was a slight exaggeration Tony but yes, you're looking at 6-8 quid for a decent hot meal and a drink, and most of the options dont look particularly appetising like you say....the pizza are real sorry sloppy looking things.

The only thing I'd get if I wanted something is a Yorkie bar which cost £1.20 last time I checked, which is still a rip off!

asajoseph

Established Member
Coffee's are £1.50, which isn't terrible in itself, but they're generally pretty ****e quality.

kamikaze80

Established Member
when do you guys have time to eat during a match? i'd imagine the lines at halftime are ridiculous and you'd need your hands the rest of the time for singing, etc.

there's a long tradition of eating hotdogs and drinking beer at baseball games but thats because theyre so slow and boring - you sit there, eat, drink and chill.

JGooner

I normally get stuck into a £5 pie and beans at half time, washed down with a diet coke. Not actually that bad, though the queues are horrendous sometimes.

General

Established Member
Need to sort out the queue outside the station too. 3 seasons on and it's still a bloody joke. People are still legging it early just to avoid it.

Tony Montana

Established Member
People should wait for a bit/have a drink, take a stroll to the next station, take the bus.

Luckily I can just take the bus home. No traffic either (depending on which bus I take).

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Done.

Pretty quick to do, I remember doing one sent by the Official Premierleague website, took bloody ages (around 40mins before a game, during halftime and then finishing it afterwards!!)

Never bother with food there now, theres that nice take away on the corner of Holloway road, some chicken joint which is excellent value (Free drink!!), damned if i can remember its name. Anyways, i go there now before the game for food.

McIntyre

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
Done.

Hacka thats a great point about the franchising of the catering at the Emirates. I don't know of any other football club in England that are doing it, but it's a great idea.

Problem is that franchises aren't guaranteed. They might not want to be involved from season to season depending on how the team performs.

Plus the fans might get bored of McD's menu every season, cue diminishing sales. And even if they don't, come the end of the contract it might suddenly be Burger King doing the food and people aren't happy with the change.

Add to that, if there's any big scandal involving the restaurant we've franchised out to, we get embroiled.

Keeping things in house is blatantly the most sensible, cost effective (revenue creating) system. Not that I'm happy about it.

So regardless of the stupid prices and the bland, cr*ppy food, I think we're stuck with the in-house fast food-esque rubbish.

Timleaf

Established Member
McIntyre said:
ricky1985 said:
Done.

Problem is that franchises aren't guaranteed.

Hang on, surely the benifit of outsourcing is that it is guaranteed!?

A fixed contract for a fixed period of time for a fixed sum. If it's not profitable then Mcd's, or whoever, swallow the loss, and if it is, we ask fro more cash per annum when the contract runs out.

McIntyre

Established Member
Timleaf said:
McIntyre said:
ricky1985 said:
Done.

Problem is that franchises aren't guaranteed.

Hang on, surely the benifit of outsourcing is that it is guaranteed!?

A fixed contract for a fixed period of time for a fixed sum. If it's not profitable then Mcd's, or whoever, swallow the loss, and if it is, we ask fro more cash per annum when the contract runs out.

But, like the rest of my post said, there's no guarantee they'll want to be there every season. And if they have to swallow the loss they definitely won't come back, then who takes over? Someone else for another season? Until the fans get tired of them and we have to find a new franchise, over and over. Keeping things in-house guarantees you're not gonna be brokering deals, competing with other clubs and disrupting things season after season.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom