• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Al Qaeda attack Arsenal in channel4 film!

Bluey1905

I have just read this on a Chelsea news site and couldn't believe what I was reading. It seems that some sections of the media will stoop to any level just for a bit of publicity. I expect we'll get the old 'in the public interest' excuse, but it's just another trendy lefty trying to make a name for himself.

Ratinho

Established Member
It's a fictional piece. Films have been made about this kind of thing before using real locations. It's quite literally nothing to worry, or get excited about.

Osama won't be renewing his season ticket then?? :roll:

Marky249

Surely Arsenal can do something about this, its sick and disturbing, but if it was old trafford/stanford bridge/white heart lane........ :p

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Sick & even worse stupid . Counterterrorist organisations have revealed several times, that terrorists like to watch this kind of films for inspiration. That's why Hollywood has been warned to be very careful, when they instruct their best creative minds to come up with new plots for blockbuster movies.

IBL

Established Member
Exactly, some plonker is going to watch this film and get idiotic ideas. I hope Arsenal (and Chelsea) complain about this stupid film if they plan for it to go ahead especially considering they were not consulted about the film.

The idea of our new stand in the new stadium being blown up killing many is seriously sick and twisted.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
So, what's the difference between Big Ben being blown up by martians in Mars Attacks and this? It's a film, lads, get over it.

Allyboy

Established Member
Because Martians are not actually going to blow Big Ben up.

This could actually happen and it is not something which should be trivialised, note how this is supposed to be "satirical"!

Some guy lacks writing ability so decides to make up for it by being contraversial for the sake of being contraversial.

The film will never be made in its true form, Arsenal, Chelsea and the players named will refuse permission to be used and they will have to use ficitious teams and players.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Allyboy said:
Because Martians are not actually going to blow Big Ben up.

This could actually happen and it is not something which should be trivialised, note how this is supposed to be "satirical"!

Some guy lacks writing ability so decides to make up for it by being contraversial for the sake of being contraversial.

The film will never be made in its true form, Arsenal, Chelsea and the players named will refuse permission to be used and they will have to use ficitious teams and players.

Well, that's a fair point, but, I have read a book (Nom de Guerre by Jeff Gulvin since you ask) that describes terrorists massacring police and civillians in the town I grew up in (Hanwell). Whilst the book gave me a chill, you have to realise that it is only a book. To the best of my knowledge, there is yet to be a terrorist atrocity in Hanwell, despite the fact that numerous terrorists have been rounded up in nearby Ealing.

Does writing about a terrorist act trivialise the impact of it? Not at all, to my mind it brings it closer to home, which I suspect, is why a lot of you are so uncomfortable with it, but as you say the film will most likely not be made as intended anyway. So there's nothing to worry about then, is there?

Also, whilst out of context the passage could appear gratuitous, you're just deriding it without having read the book. It might be really good but you'll never know because you're all too busy making prejudiced judgements.

kevlinefm

If they really use Arsenal in the film without Arsenal's permission, that would be a big problem. It's nothing wrong about film actually, but it makes me a bit furious, toying around Arsenal's long history.

gooner4eva

Is the author a manure fan ? Or was it just some rookie who picked the most famous club in London, to get more publicity. Imagine the write up on the back of the cover "...when Arsenal's new stadium is bombed...". Im sure this much will be enough to get all Sp**s/manure fans to buy the book.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider
Top Bottom