• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aldo Duscher

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
The Sun (i know they'll print anything) is claiming that Manchester United and Arsenal are on the trail of Aldo Duscher. He's a good player and i know this is not the first time United have been linked with a move for him. i dont think we need him though. i know some of us here panic when flamini is on the team sheet instead of bert or cesc but i really think we have many good, young options in the middle of the park and flamini is definitely a part of that. i dont think we need Mr. Duscher and i dont think there is much truth to the story. its still worth talking about, though.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007000543,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002 ... 43,00.html</a>

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
I wouldn't mind, if it was 2-4 yeas ago! He's kind of rusty and old now don't you think? Good addition for a mid-table team but not for Arsenal.

Jameel46

Established Member
the last position we need to strengthen is the centre of midfield, being linked with duscher makes absolutely no sense, it's The Sun, they are a loadda dumb bastards, i doubt that there's any truth in this

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
The only reason why people still remember his name is because he famously broke Beckham's leg before the 02 WC. Other than that, he offer's nothing much to a team. Back then yes I think he could've been a good utility player but I don't think he's any better than Flamini nowadays.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Re: Gunners asking 'Where's Aldo"?

gunnertilldeath said:
The Sun (i know they'll print anything) is claiming that Manchester United and Arsenal are on the trail of Aldo Duscher. He's a good player and i know this is not the first time United have been linked with a move for him. i dont think we need him though. i know some of us here panic when flamini is on the team sheet instead of bert or cesc but i really think we have many good, young options in the middle of the park and flamini is definitely a part of that. i dont think we need Mr. Duscher and i dont think there is much truth to the story. its still worth talking about, though.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002 ... 43,00.html
Purely agent talk, I guess. Maybe his client wants CL football.

Around the same time of Duscher link, another player linking to Arsenal was Marco Senna. Did he eventually come to Arsenal or ManU? No. ManU spent 18M on Carrick and possibly another 20M on Hargreaves. And whom did Arsène sign in that position -- Denilson.

All these agent talks just remind me of Isakkson rubbish. Arsenal, Chelsea, ManU, Liverpool, even Sp**s didn't go for the Swede. ManCity got the keeper for just 2M!. That should explain the nature of such agent talks

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Wenger's trying to send Song out on loan because we've got more then enough central midfielders. So you can be pretty sure that there's no truth in this.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
We need to strengthen out defense, that's where we are hurting mostly, due to injuries(Gallas, Eboue) and the lack of form of Phil and Djorou.

I hope this story is only rubbish.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
i happen to think phil senderos has been playing well recently. as far as our back line goes, i dont think we need to buy anyone. we have two of the absolute best central defenders in the world in toure and gallas. there are two very gifted youngsters behind them in phil and djourou. we have four good young fullbacks in clichy (who has been making astonishing progress after a shaky start to the season), eboue, hoyte (who is also improving very very well) and Traore. willy gallas can cover the full back positions as well.

i think where we need to spend is in the wide positions. it pains me to say this but freddie ljungberg is definitely on the wane. his workrate remains fantastic but his contributions in terms of goals and assists have continued to fall. i really love the guy. he's been one of my favorites for years but i think we need another wide player. i think thats the only area le boss will strengthen in the summer. i think we'll only see one signing and it will be a wide player and frankly, i think thats all we need.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
gunnertilldeath said:
i happen to think phil senderos has been playing well recently. as far as our back line goes, i dont think we need to buy anyone. we have two of the absolute best central defenders in the world in toure and gallas. there are two very gifted youngsters behind them in phil and djourou. we have four good young fullbacks in clichy (who has been making astonishing progress after a shaky start to the season), eboue, hoyte (who is also improving very very well) and Traore. willy gallas can cover the full back positions as well.

i think where we need to spend is in the wide positions. it pains me to say this but freddie ljungberg is definitely on the wane. his workrate remains fantastic but his contributions in terms of goals and assists have continued to fall. i really love the guy. he's been one of my favorites for years but i think we need another wide player. i think thats the only area le boss will strengthen in the summer. i think we'll only see one signing and it will be a wide player and frankly, i think thats all we need.

And that's why we don't need Aldo Duscher

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Latest posts

Top Bottom