• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Hleb to be an Arsenal Legend

kel varnsen

Established Member
Canuck said:
I was suprised that so many people were unconvinced in the build-up to his signing. THis is someone who Wenger has been wanting for a bit and he finally landed him. It's fairly obvious why, as Alex has slide right into our MF without missing a beat. You'd think he'd been playing with the team for a season already. Imagine how good they can be once they all actually do play together for a while. Hopefully he'll be able to develop that uncanny understanding that Thierry and Dennis share. I'm not saying he's going to end up playing 2nd striker for us. But his runs forward and slick passing should set Henry up for many a goal this season I hope.
I also think (and people have mentioned this) that Hleb and Reyes will compliment each other very well. With Jose dragging defenders all over with his runs and creating room that Hleb will be more than happy to exploit. Throw Cesc/Flamini (I was a bit dissapointed that nobody complimented Mat's fantastic pass to set Henry up for his goal against Fulham) and RVP into the mix and it's looking quite interesting.
:mrgreen:

didn't you read my comment in the match thread...? it was directed at you. :wink:

http://www.arsenal-mania.com/forum/view ... &start=390

Courier

I watched Hleb a couple of years ago against the Kremlin he and their left back to them to the cleaners.I remember thinking (hoping) this is what Reyes can do for us.At last last night I think will be Reyes turning point.Controlling balls he has been losing and instead of running at players then losing the ball he showed that he can produce runs with an end product. Back to Hleb though the guy has class LOADS of it and come the end of the season this guy will IMO be rated in the player of the year polls no problem.

Canuck

Established Member
kel varnsen, honestly I did miss it. :eek:ops:
Glad to have you on side though. :mrgreen:
Now we just need to convince Rocky...
Heck if Cygan can score a brace I don't see any reason why Flamini can turn in a hat trick sometime. Maybe against Thun... :wink:

goooner

I watched Hleb when he played for Stuttgart and i was so happy when he camed to Arsenal couse he is a magnificent player he can play on any position in the midfield. Hleb is fast a great dribler whith a wonderful vision has a great pass. I belive if he stays here for a long time no doubt that he'll become Arsenal legend he could be our Marradona. :mrgreen:

Lukazan

Established Member
Looks absolutely brilliant so far, as pointed out it seems as though he has been playing with us for ages.

Settled in so quick, I think he is gonna be something special.

Ricky_AFC

Without a doubt he will be a success at arsenal. He is a great acquisition, but considering he's only played a few competitive for us i find it a bit early too mark him out as a future legend.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
He has slipped into the team so well and enjoys playing our style of football. Wenger was right when he said he would fit in here perfectly and im so glad he brought him over.

He has been great so far and I just hope he continues.

el jefe

It makes you wonder why there weren't a lot of other teams after him. I know Chelsea supposedly put in a bid, but that was just because we wanted him. Was he ever linked with any other big clubs?

Muppy

I love Arsène Wenger. :eek:ops: His ability to spot great talent from some godforsaken place is truly magnificent. I think he has already been scouting a 3 year old tribal boy living in the Amazon Forest who can control a ball on his head.

Anyway, Hleb is ****ing brilliant. I hope he tears apart EPL defences.

ccc

el jefe said:
It makes you wonder why there weren't a lot of other teams after him. I know Chelsea supposedly put in a bid, but that was just because we wanted him. Was he ever linked with any other big clubs?

he's chased by some other club who may offered more than us. But it's his own will that made him to highbury because he had faith in wenger and Arsenal. see article here

Feis-al

You guys can go on and on about the obvious but for me I keep imagining him, Reyes, RvP and Freddie all on form against the Manc and they are regrouping nd asking who do we kick first :lol:
And I hope they don't try RvP because I see a direct slap on some Short fella's face :D

But Yeah, This Hleb boy is full of things, I love most his quick feet to give a pass in a tight situation and One-Two play system, Real genius

gunner_down_under

He seriously is capable of dribbling past the entire opposition's defence....but doesnt do it, I reckon its cuz he wants to be a team player!!...still though, I would like to see his "shot".

killshot

Hleb will be a great player for us, as some one mentioned Reyes Henry and Hleb in front would make any defender shake.

Go Gunners

gunn3rs3

he is a natural, with his low centre of gravity he controls the ball very well, and he is very hard to disposess,i bet he runs rings round the rest in training. just like to see him try for goal a bit more.still not certain where his best position is, on the left or central, but Arsène knows.

JazzG

Established Member
A little early to say he might become a legend but he has settled in better than I thought he would.

A

Anonymous

Let him actually score a PL goal before Legendary talk comes into play. :shock:

qs

Established Member
He'll score eventually. I now his record at stutgard was poor but I think thats al about to change. :)

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom