• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Right. So the club is going to let the manager decide whether or not to sell a player. This despite the club having gone through a restructuring where the goal was to take away that power from the manager. To top it off the manager is only contracted for one year as well.

**** off John.
In January, Emery said he wanted to sign "one or two" wingers, yet Cross thinks Iwobi is central to his plans. :lol:

Do we want Iwobi out? All that's happened is that Everton put in a bid and we rejected it.
I believe we didn't. But if it brings Goaltinho this side and helps in the pursuit of a proper defender then am all for it. I understand during the Afcon he said that a move for a wide man makes his first team contribution slimmer and he would have to asses his options if Arsenal did that which it now has.
So I guess both sides would actually win if that happened, especially if we can somehow manage to squeeze upwards of 30m from the buyers.
Btw, what are their defensive options? 50m for Iwobi and Mustafi could be fantastic business for both sides.

Malky

Established Member
I can see Everton eventually offering close to £40M and we'll accept. Upamecano and Tierney will be Arsenal players, possibly with Coutinho on loan.
Don't anyone tell me different and ruin the dream.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I can see Everton eventually offering close to £40M and we'll accept. Upamecano and Tierney will be Arsenal players, possibly with Coutinho on loan.
It could happen but also maybe not.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
In January, Emery said he wanted to sign "one or two" wingers, yet Cross thinks Iwobi is central to his plans. :lol:

Just signed a £72m winger and is preparing to play his best striker out wide instead of Iwobi. “Central to his plans”.

Reactions: A_G

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

John Cross have not read Orny tweet well Orny said we open to sell for 40M. shut up John.

Cross seems to live in denial that Wenger is still here & he has a direct line to the inner workings of the club.

He & the rest of the turgid journalists are left chasing shadows whilst Raul continues the refreshingly aggressive rebuild.

Finesse

Dream on Malky. Is this not why we are in football ? Many have taken this dream away from us. Arsenal fans are a laughing stock today. So much so that even our fans believe it and manifest it. If the change has to come then it should begin with the fans. When we start dreaming and believing we can pay the highest priced tickets each week and watch the highest paid players too. Why not? Pepe transfer was a shock to the world and even to Arsenal fans. There is no Pepe hype on the media today. Imagine if he signed for some other club! It’s not the media’s fault only. We too contributed in accepted we can get the best. This has to change. Even without CL football we are able to attract top players and keep them. This is Arsenal.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
Iwobi has so many footballing qualities: amazing dribbling, ball control, strong, good eye and weight of pass.

On top of all this, he’s an arsenal lad and 23. He’s by no means the finished product but a young player which such a strong base level of talent isn’t one you give up on

MikeVinna

Established Member
Just don't see the reason why we would sell him, especially not at his age.

- he’s barely made his mark in terms of output
- we’ll barely play him this season
- we have at least 3 other young wingers to play
- we can use the 35/40 million to fund a top CB

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Literally just found this in my bookmarks

Feels like just yesterday.:(
The strange this is he had such an immediate impact and was dripping in confidence. I thought and still think he can be quality. But I get the feeling he has gotten real comfortable here.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Now seems like the perfect time to sell. Don’t wait to long like we did with Wilshere (and I love Wilshere btw).

Everton are offering us 30m for a player who most scream to be benched week in week out...you have to take the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom