• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Song: A lesson for us all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfonso

Established Member
Re: Alex Song : A lesson for us all

qs said:
Terrible thread. People are always going to evaluate how the players are doing. You've a hard neck calling them stupid and mugs just because Song has proved the vast majority wrong. He WAS terrible a few years ago. So was Eboue. So was Diaby. They've all been poor at times, all made their own contribution to our trophy-less 5 years. They're all doing well now and they get the supporters backing now.

There is nothing wrong with criticising players who aren't good enough or who aren't trying hard enough.

Exactly this.

Plus, just because so and so improved does not mean that another will, none of us are fortune tellers on this site. Shall I start a thread: 'Francis Jeffers: A lesson for us all'?

Anyway, if a player plays **** for a long period of time I will slate him. I am always happy to be proved wrong though.

A forum should a platform where one can express their feelings, positive or negative, a bit like going to a pub after the game with your mates. As long as you post with logic and reason it is no big deal to me.

And Keyonhater, you have hardly been around on these forums to start giving everyone the morale high ground.

Kenyonhater

I'm not saying we should never criticise any of our players at all - of course that is normal and fine - but certain individuals have agendas about particular players and other know-alls like to constantly make definitive, "end-of" judgements about players. These posts are just tiresome and the posters are frankly pathetic. It's so easy to make a big statement for effect on here but they should have the f**king balls to come back and and apologise and admit they were wrong when players like Song and Diaby prove them so. As arseblogger says "Maybe, just maybe, Arsène knows them a bit better than we do."

Burnwinter

Established Member

Anzac said:
I have nothing against any individual player in regards to their potential, but I DO have an issue with the senior squad being used as a development vehicle
This. All in all, I think Kenyonhater has a fine point. But: a player coming good, or even great, after a prolonged run in the first team does not necessarily retroactively justify their inclusion for all their earlier, relatively poor performances.

That said we all do write players off and then end up regretting it. But that's partly because when fans write players off, the players don't end up leaving the club. When Wenger does, they do, so it's not like they can easily prove him wrong ;)

lagos

Established Member

ahh the I'm a good supporter, I never criticise players thread! obviously I don't belong here!

progman07

Established Member

qs said:
Terrible thread. People are always going to evaluate how the players are doing. You've a hard neck calling them stupid and mugs just because Song has proved the vast majority wrong. He WAS terrible a few years ago. So was Eboue. So was Diaby. They've all been poor at times, all made their own contribution to our trophy-less 5 years. They're all doing well now and they get the supporters backing now.

There is nothing wrong with criticising players who aren't good enough or who aren't trying hard enough.
Exactly. We are entitled to discuss a player's weaknesses and bad performances as well, even if one day he might become great. It doesn't mean we are against him or we wouldn't be jumping all around in joy if he scored a hat-trick against Barcelona. But you can't tell the fans to stop talking about a player if he is doing bad, just because he might become great a year later.
When he improves, everyone acknowledges it.

Kenyonhater

Alfonso said:
And Keyonhater, you have hardly been around on these forums to start giving everyone the morale high ground.

I've been here longer than you mate. I just don't post every little thought that comes into my mind.

And I challenge you to find posts by me slating our players. You won't because I like to reserve judgement and maintain a bit of perspective rather than vent, vent, vent.

Alfonso

Established Member

Kenyonhater said:
I'm not saying we should never criticise any of our players at all - of course that is normal and fine - but certain individuals have agendas about particular players and other know-alls like to constantly make definitive, "end-of" judgements about players. These posts are just tiresome and the posters are frankly pathetic. It's so easy to make a big statement for effect on here but they should have the f**king balls to come back and and apologise and admit they were wrong when players like Song and Diaby prove them so. As arseblogger says "Maybe, just maybe, Arsène knows them a bit better than we do."

I remember Arseblog calling Alex Song the worst signing Wenger has ever made. Has he apologised for that?

Im saying here and now that Eduardo is finished as a top level player (said it 4 months ago but the more I see him play the more convinced I am). However, if he proves me wrong I will apologise to A-M.

ultradoc

Established Member

Do you keep a log of those 'certain posters' kenyonhater? Might be easy to serve the purpose of this thread.

Anyways, I have only had gripes with wenger(wantingly or not-is for another thread) fielding these young players which has been an important factor in us not winning much past few years,so I'll jog on from here.

Moreover, everyone on the forum has pretty much gotten behind song for quite some time now. Perhaps a diaby thread would be more apt for you.

lagos

Established Member

ultradoc said:
Might be easy to serve the purpose of this thread.

this thread has no purpose but for the one tracked minded, only see things in black and white, I'm an Arsenal supporter so I can't criticise my players 'bots to get on a high horse!

ultradoc

Established Member

well, he/she seems livid about certain posters and wants them to apologise. So if he/she could mention them and take it up with them directly...

True Gooner

Established Member

It's okay to criticise your own players based on what they've done but it's pointless to write a player off entirely because almost all the players that play for Arsenal are talented individuals and it's simply a matter of realising that talent. Therefore by suggesting that a 21 year old is never going to be good you're essentially setting yourself up for the fall and it's healthy to give your own players the benefit of the doubt. Having said that, you can't really help it when supporters get frustrated - it's all part of being a supporter. I know I was getting quite fed up with Diaby at the start of this season but you just have to keep things in perspective really.

Just don't boo an Arsenal player at games.

arsmile

Established Member

there's a difference between saying 'X is in poor form/X was rubbish today/X made too many mistakes/X keeps wasting chances' and saying 'X is ****/We need to sell X/X will never make it here/X is a clown/X is a ****/i hope X dies....etc etc

acknowledging bad form is something a good fan does, but we do here tend to write off potential or notions of improvment- i know i have..and on a forum it is a bit of fun...when that seeps into boonig our own players like song/eboue in the past- that does not do anyone any good.

qs

Established Member

Kenyonhater said:

Stop going on about Arseblogger, that **** didn't nothing but slate Eboue for the last 2 years, even after he'd started turning the corner. Its only now he's turning around on him.

You are full of **** anyway, the vast majority on here who criticised Song and Diaby have come out and said they have been proven wrong. FFS Song was roundly slated on here and now he's one of the most popular players. Just because you are rarely here and didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Go and read the board before you come on here spouting your pious bullshit.

Someone lock this nonsense.

Abs

Established Member

Nothing wrong with critisizing players when they dont play well, even though sometimes we lose a bit of perpective when our players dont perform well. The only thing that was out of order was Eboues treatment last season. That will remain a dark day in Arsenals history, it was a disguisting behaviour, specielly to one of the nicest guys you can find anywhere

lagos

Established Member

critcising a player is just expressing an opinion rightly or wrongly and the fact that you criticise a player today and he turns around tommorow doesn't mean you shouldn't criticise players in future or that it was wrong to criticise. Booing your player is just stupid

qs

Established Member

Kenyonhater said:
Alfonso said:

I've been here longer than you mate.

Yet Alfs an Elite member and you are not. And for good reason.

Kenyonhater

qs said:
Kenyonhater said:

Stop going on about Arseblogger, that c**t didn't nothing but slate Eboue for the last 2 years, even after he'd started turning the corner. Its only now he's turning around on him.

You are full of s**t anyway, the vast majority on here who criticised Song and Diaby have come out and said they have been proven wrong. FFS Song was roundly slated on here and now he's one of the most popular players. Just because you are rarely here and didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Go and read the board before you come on here spouting your pious bullshit.

Someone lock this nonsense.

You really are an angry, obnoxious, abusive little s**t aren't you!? I've hit a little nerve have I? Anger management required?

Kenyonhater

qs said:
Kenyonhater said:
Alfonso said:

I've been here longer than you mate.

Yet Alfs an Elite member and you are not. And for good reason.

Because I've got a life outside of a football forum?

qs

Established Member

Kenyonhater said:
You really are an angry, obnoxious, abusive little s**t aren't you!? I've hit a little nerve have I? Anger management required?

Thats what you've been waiting for isn't it. This thread was clearly you coming on to troll. Slating the board and its members in general. Hoping for a chance to start insulting people.

Kenyonhater

No, actually. And looking through your posts you're not so bad at insulting people yourself. In fact you have a bit of a talent for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein
Top Bottom