• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Song - the best one to partner Fabregas

Anzac

Established Member
I wouldn't say he was great, but I'd be happier with him at CB than Tweety to be honest.

So far as a partner for Cesc is concerned - I don't think we have the right personnel to play twin CMs like Aw wants in the combo he wants. Vary rarely have we seen Song in the holding role, despite AW having said that he doesn't have the stamina to play in midfield. Usually that role has befallen to Denilson (who continued to jog back in cover even today), and of late even Nasri has played deeper behind Song.

Gurgen

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Song was great as a centreback today. He plays like he's 26/27 right now, not 21.

Eh? He didn't win a header all game and Pompey created about 6 big chances.

asajoseph

Established Member
Yes, I'm not sure about that either - most of Pompey's good chances came because Song kept getting caught on his heels.

sabret00the

Established Member
He's still a little short in the concentration stakes but he's undoubtedly got the ability to grow into that role.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Klaus Daimler said:
Song was great as a centreback today. He plays like he's 26/27 right now, not 21.

Eh? He didn't win a header all game and Pompey created about 6 big chances.
That's a lie. I even saw him win a header against Crouch. The chances Pompey created during the game was not down to Song being positioned wrong. Not a single one of them. I normally don't think much of him as a defender but he was great against Portsmouth.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Forget Cesc who hasbeen awful over the past month. Song has been our best central midfielder this year. Not sure he should be first choice next year but definately the best option out of what we currently have.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
truth_hurts said:
Forget Cesc who hasbeen awful over the past month. Song has been our best central midfielder this year. Not sure he should be first choice next year but definately the best option out of what we currently have.

No doubt he has played well but it is unfair of Wenger to expect him to be first choice against the big boys.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom