• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

novar

Still consider him our second best source of "good football" after Özil, shame he isn't fast enough to thrive in our atrocious attacking setup, but if Aubameyang keeps struggling there that wasn't the problem then.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Still consider him our second best source of "good football" after Özil, shame he isn't fast enough to thrive in our atrocious attacking setup, but if Aubameyang keeps struggling there that wasn't the problem then.

Have you seen his touch? :lol: the only time he looks good is when he's in the box fighting for the ball banging in scrappy goals. Technique, touch, control all the things that bring good football Laca is incapable of.

This guy, Mustafi and Xhaka are the spine that removed Arsenal as a Champions League club.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This guy, Mustafi and Xhaka are the spine that removed Arsenal as a Champions League club.

Laca arrived when we were already out of the Champions League, least he doesn't have that on his CV :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

https://breakingthelines.com/data-a...n-with-the-other-no-9s-in-the-premier-league/

and, no - I didn't write this.

The Frenchman protects the ball in the middle of the pitch with his back facing the goal and that’s not where he is most effective. His close control and intelligent movement inside the box have not been utilized to the fullest. So the presence of a dynamic attacking midfielder who can whip crosses into the box or someone who could possibly feed more passes into danger zones is key to bring the best out of him.

BigPoppaPump

Laca arrived when we were already out of the Champions League, least he doesn't have that on his CV :lol:

If everyone else wasn't terrible during that Leicester season we would have dropped out the top 4 though. We went from 2nd to 5th the next season when Chelsea, Liverpool and City go their sh*t together.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

There are more miss and fail compilations than highlight videos for Laca and this is a club who had Giroud for what feels like an eternity.

My bucket list is to make a vid of Lacazette's nice moments for us.

BigPoppaPump

There are more miss and fail compilations than highlight videos for Laca and this is a club who had Giroud for what feels like an eternity.

Giroud is better than Lacazette when it comes to touch and technique though.

Imagine Laca in the Wilshere Norwich goal :lol: he woulda toe punted it away then looked on the floor sad and frustrated like he always does.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

His 2018/2019 comp on Youtube is really good, was quality that season.

BigPoppaPump

His 2018/2019 comp on Youtube is really good, was quality that season.

I'm watching this one and the first highlight is of him beating 2 players just to boot it into row Z :lol: he even takes L's in his highlight videos.

Not even impressed full of bad touches and flukey goals.

novar

Have you seen his touch? :lol: the only time he looks good is when he's in the box fighting for the ball banging in scrappy goals. Technique, touch, control all the things that bring good football Laca is incapable of.

He's far from world class sure, but when the midfield fails to show up he's the player that offers something to make the attack click (On Emery's first season, the blame for not getting top 4 actually fell on Auba and his missed penalty against Sp**s IIRC). This season he's getting punished for not being 100% effective (turning the only chance he receives in the whole game to a goal) but we're in general quite frustrated about that, see the Aubameyang thread and he's getting the Lacazette treatment after failing to produce on a single match too. I

"Weird linkup" and "flukey goals" sounds Giroudesque, maybe if you like Giroud you like Lacazette too and viceversa, I don't know.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Giroud is better than Lacazette when it comes to touch and technique though.

Imagine Laca in the Wilshere Norwich goal :lol: he woulda toe punted it away then looked on the floor sad and frustrated like he always does.

You just overrate him to put Lacazette down tbh.

This clip was just Özil passes he wasted alone. We could do this all day but I won't change your mind, you won't change my mind.

Giroud's had the balloon touch plenty of times, it has improved late in his career but I could never rate him tbh.

BigPoppaPump

You just overrate him to put Lacazette down tbh.

This clip was just Özil passes he wasted alone. We could do this all day but I won't change your mind, you won't change my mind.

Giroud's had the balloon touch plenty of times, it has improved late in his career but I could never rate him tbh.

I think they're both bums but one cost 12m and other 50m, one is 6'4 strong and can head the ball the other 5'6, no pace and gets out of breath after 30 minutes.

Giroud's touch was inconsistent though, sometimes it would be amazing sometimes terrible. But Lacazette is like 95% bad first touches.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
So not scoring in 14 game isn't a bad goal run or are one of us delusional?

It's not like that's his only goal drought.
What are you talking about? You said Auba gave him a penalty because he was on a goalless run, which just wasn't true. He hadn't scored for 3 PL matches before he had a knee operation, and the penalty incident happened in his first game back.

BigPoppaPump

What are you talking about? You said Auba gave him a penalty because he was on a goalless run, which just wasn't true. He hadn't scored for 3 PL matches before he had a knee operation, and the penalty incident happened in his first game back.

I saw on Sky Sports it was his second goal in 14 games. That sounds like a goal drought to me, why else would Aubameyang give him a penalty? Wasn't it because Laca was going through another confidence slump as usual.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I saw on Sky Sports it was his second goal in 14 games. That sounds like a goal drought to me, why else would Aubameyang give him a penalty? Wasn't it because Laca was going through another confidence slump as usual.
I don't know where that 14 game figure has come from:
Untitled.jpg

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He's never had that kind of drought in his Arsenal career to date. The only one he had was his away record which was abysmal - similar to Firmino but in reverse.

You're trying too hard to discredit a guy who has been dropped anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary
Top Bottom