• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemetoss

He's worked on his game and now is very good at anchoring the attack upfront. Him as an anchor, with Auba,Özil drifting around him has big potential. Shame we're ****ing it up.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Too bad for us that Emery doesn't feel the same.
I can respect Emery in his decision, trying to keep him fresh and not over-commiting. But then, Emery needs to keep Özil on the pitch. Auba is a finisher, and I don't expect him to find a pass or a dribble.

It was Laca/Mkhi who kept feeding Bellerin, and Özil/Xhaka who keeps finding Kola.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

He's quite crucial to our set up & our best chances come from the probing runs he makes.

His hold up play has improved & his combo with Auba is exceptional.

Given the chance to work together for long, they could develop that telepathic link up Bergkamp & Ljunberg used to share.

Emery needs to keep him on when we're chasing the game lest he get his head turned & seek to find his footballing fortunes away from The Emirates.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Emery still doesnt know what to do with him.

Most of our fans either.

I like him a lot but it seems that he is not ready to be a rotational player, and his partnership with Auba while lucrative it is not working as it should.

Taxi Driver

d0visrnzbo621.png

juice man

Can't make his mind up
The playmaking has been a big silver lining of his in these last few games. That aside, I really don’t think he’s been at his best lately. He’s got 1 goal in the last 7 games, in that time he’s only got 5 shots off. I know his minutes have been way down, but he really doesn’t look like a goal threat to me right now. He will have opportunities though - he needs to be patient and take his chance when it comes.

Vantastico

I had this shower thought that if Lacazette or Auba, or both of them played for Chelsea, they'd be an absolute nightmare side and I'd be so f*cking pissed and envious to play against them.

God blessed us for being in this timeline, and not the ones who are stuck with having Giroud and Morata as our two main striking options. :lol:

Last edited:

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Just re-watched his assist against Brighton. My mind was blown watching the number of players he skipped/pushed before passing to Auba. This upper body strength is what Auba misses. This is the reason why he has to be there on the pitch for Auba to score.
Regarding his scoring rate going down, it is a well established fact that he scores lot of goals when he plays the full 90 minutes. It is still hard to fathom why Emery is doing the same mistake which Wenger did - To substitute him after 60 minutes. He has the skill to turn the game around in final minutes.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Since he became 1st choice against Cardiff, he had 5 goals and 2 assists in 9 starts, then for some reason he got benched and has 1 goal and 2 assists in his last 6 games. Is he not starting/getting subbed off early because his form is bad or did he lose his form because of how he has been used lately?

It's just bizarre how he suddenly lost his place after being one of our best players to start the season.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Since he became 1st choice against Cardiff, he had 5 goals and 2 assists in 9 starts, then for some reason he got benched and has 1 goal and 2 assists in his last 6 games. Is he not starting/getting subbed off early because his form is bad or did he lose his form because of how he has been used lately?

It's just bizarre how he suddenly lost his place after being one of our best players to start the season.
Depends on how you define form. His form is just fine, he doesn't score that much currently but the overall value he adds to our attack has increased this season.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Just re-watched his assist against Brighton. My mind was blown watching the number of players he skipped/pushed before passing to Auba. This upper body strength is what Auba misses. This is the reason why he has to be there on the pitch for Auba to score.
Regarding his scoring rate going down, it is a well established fact that he scores lot of goals when he plays the full 90 minutes. It is still hard to fathom why Emery is doing the same mistake which Wenger did - To substitute him after 60 minutes. He has the skill to turn the game around in final minutes.
It was a nice move, but didnt the Brighton player knick it and then it fell for Auba?

We could play a flat 4-4-2 in the future and transition to a 4-5-1 while defending. Just have to buy a proper winger and a proper midfielder to partner Torreira and hope one of Saka, Smith or Reiss is good for the first 11. That way we would keep both of them happy, give minutes to Nketiah and Welbeck and be really explosive and devastating on the counter. Basically we would be like the old Fergie teams which I was really envious about .
Something like
Auba----------------Laca

Saka/Rowe/Reisa-------?-------Torreira------?

Emery doesn't seem to like Özil and he could have a convincing argument for it so maybe we could free up some space with his sale and that of Elneny

WilshereGone

Too poor goal return for me. Giroud numbers atm.
I think it's a bit like Drogba when he first went to Chelsea. I know they're different players, but I think the effect on the team is similar. Drogba didn't set the world alight with his goals in his early Chelsea players, but he was so effective in bringing others into play and occupying CBs for guys like Lampard and Robben and Duff to arrive in space.

Laca does a similar job in a different way, because he's the only player up there with the body strength and skill to hold guys off and keep the ball, just like how he occupied all those players for Auba's goal. His aggression and pressing is also underrated. He may not be a 20 goal a season man but I feel like we're a worse team without him and tbh I'm not a fan of the way Emery's been using him of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom