• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optimistic

But yet pricks like Ramsey think they can have a go at him and shout orders.
Hate to seem like a Ramsey fan boy (because truthfully he is underperforming so far this season, but I'll save that for the other thread) but if you're referring to that moment where Alexis supposedly told Rambo to do one, Alexis was genuinely at fault. Monreal seriously hauled ass to give Sanchez an option and instead he selfishly skied one over the bar. I love Alexis as much as any gooner but he can make mistakes too, just like everybody else. And if you **** up an attacking play - whether your name is Sanchez, Ramsey, or Giroud - you should expect your teammates to tell you about it. It's no big deal, you acknowledge your fault and then you all get your heads down and crack on with the next one.

Regardless of how important Sanchez is to our squad, we gooners have to stop treating him and Özil like gods who are above everyone else. At the end of the day they are both just blokes kicking a football about.

Malky

Established Member
Hate to seem like a Ramsey fan boy (because truthfully he is underperforming so far this season, but I'll save that for the other thread) but if you're referring to that moment where Alexis supposedly told Rambo to do one, Alexis was genuinely at fault. Monreal seriously hauled ass to give Sanchez an option and instead he selfishly skied one over the bar. I love Alexis as much as any gooner but he can make mistakes too, just like everybody else. And if you **** up an attacking play - whether your name is Sanchez, Ramsey, or Giroud - you should expect your teammates to tell you about it. It's no big deal, you acknowledge your fault and then you all get your heads down and crack on with the next one.

Regardless of how important Sanchez is to our squad, we gooners have to stop treating him and Özil like gods who are above everyone else. At the end of the day they are both just blokes kicking a football about.
I do understand that and I also agree - it doesn't matter if you are Sanchez, Messi, Ronaldo or just some lad having a kickabout at 5 aside with your mates, you **** up an attack you admit it. The thing is, how often is it Ramsey that takes the selfish, glory seeking option? He's the worst offender in the full squad for it! So in my opinion he has some cheek on him to give Sanchez, our best player, **** for not passing.

Last edited:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
One of the worries I have if we do sell him is that I doubt we’re going to ask for an over inflated fee. There were rumours that when Juve came knocking at the beginning of the season the asking price was 40M but he wasn’t for sale.

We couldn’t even keep hold of Nasri for 25M. Alexis at anything north of 40M is a done deal

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
we need to find the quick solution with Alexis also our club need to show some balls and give him a good enough contract most big players in top teams their salary is high so no surprise Alexis and Özil are asking for 200K if we can't do that then sell him for 45-50M to PSG Bayern Munich or Juve.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
if we do offer him a huge wage and he signs, but continues to be frustrated and shows it if we don't win anything, then surely we would be better off cashing in on him for as much as we can get

I'd rather replace him at the end of the season than see the team disrupted - a frustrated Alexis seems hell-bent on trying to win games single-handedly, and it isn't working

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
if we do offer him a huge wage and he signs, but continues to be frustrated and shows it if we don't win anything, then surely we would be better off cashing in on him for as much as we can get

I'd rather replace him at the end of the season than see the team disrupted - a frustrated Alexis seems hell-bent on trying to win games single-handedly, and it isn't working
Thankfully he only do that on the pitch not off the pitch i like these kind of players who want to win but he should understand a bit not all players in the team have same stamina and work rate as him they are not machines.

WhatAFC

Anyone ever had someone who's worse than you tell you how to do something? Pretty damn annoying.

A lot of things happened in that game to annoy any player, let alone one who has been carrying the team for a few months. 3-0 down to a team we should be relatively comfortable beating, giroud celebrating like he scored the winner when it wasn't and we still had 10 minutes left. Ramsey, who constantly gives away possession or try's the ridiculous giving you stick for shooting.

The giroud thing alone is enough to be pissed about, it's such a small time mentality. If alexis had scored that 3rd goal he grabs the ball out the net and runs it back to the half way line to kick off and go again. Moments like that typify why we don't win things often.

Malky

Established Member
Anyone ever had someone who's worse than you tell you how to do something? Pretty damn annoying.

A lot of things happened in that game to annoy any player, let alone one who has been carrying the team for a few months. 3-0 down to a team we should be relatively comfortable beating, giroud celebrating like he scored the winner when it wasn't and we still had 10 minutes left. Ramsey, who constantly gives away possession or try's the ridiculous giving you stick for shooting.

The giroud thing alone is enough to be pissed about, it's such a small time mentality. If alexis had scored that 3rd goal he grabs the ball out the net and runs it back to the half way line to kick off and go again. Moments like that typify why we don't win things often.
Spot on! That's the point I was making about Ramsey, what's he done this season? What did he even do last season? **** all! Yet he thinks he can mouth off at the guy that's been carrying this team. Funny thing is, Ramsey did the exact same thing around the 94th minute, we had plenty of numbers forward (Sanchez, Giroud, OX, Monreal etc) yet he tried a shot from well outside the box, straight at a Bournmouth player and lost us possesion. So with him doing that, it makes his reaction towards Sanchez even worse.
The Giroud celebration was shocking, what was he thinking? It was going to Extra time or a penalty shootout? or "Yey, we drew 3-3 against Bournmouth, what a great result" Idiot. That alone has probably made Sanchez decide he is leaving.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Alexis looked tired against Bournemouth, especially in the first half. I think he was frustrated at himself just as much as he was the team, he never had the legs to get past people for most of the game.

Thankfully he won't be involved against Preston. A week off and then a few days training before Swansea will do him good.

Optimistic

Just because Ramsey is selfish with the ball doesn't give Sanchez license to be selfish as well, that's not how it works. If Sanchez is truly our best player he should be well above that line of thinking.

But to be honest, every player is selfish from time to time and everyone makes mistakes. That's not the point I'm trying to make. What I'm saying is that if you take responsibility on when there's a better option available, and you don't put it away, expect your teammates to let you know.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Of course Ramsey can have a go at Alexis if he's doing something run ffs.

Anyone can, no ones above the team.
Would agree with this. As atrocious as Ramsey is, while he's playing for us, he has the right to point **** out. If he wasn't, he'd entire the realm of total uselessness.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah but football is a team sport, no individual should be placed above reproach. Look at Martin Keown, he wasn't half the footballer say Henry or Bergkamp was but if they did something stupid he'd give them a bollocking.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

4 minutes, he scored in 92nd minute we see your point but don't change fact

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I might be reading too much into this, but it looks like he's preparing the ground for a transfer request in the Summer.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yer man Kike Marin reckons Alexis is closer than Özil to signing a new deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]
Top Bottom