• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
We didn't last season. We did pretty well against top sides, but kept dropping points to mid-table teams like West Brom, Norwich, West Ham, etc.

Only Leicester(52) and City(50) gained more points than us(48) against the bottom half.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Can't wait till he leaves tbh. We'll battle for top 4 with/without him, couldn't care less.
If he's such a winner why did he get dumped at one of the biggest L taking clubs then? Bye
You really think so? This club is not going to spend what it takes to get a comparable player in and every club in the top 6 is going to be better. Mourinho will get in a proper defender and Griezmann, or Mueller. Pep has a bottomless pit of money to spend and he'll sort his defense and midfield out. Klopp will sort his defense out. If Potchy stays at Tottenham they should remain solid defensively and Kane will keep them dangerous. Chelsea will get even stronger. What are we doing to make up for the loss of Sanchez and strengthen on top of that?

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I suspect part of his problem is he has no good friends at the club - that time Özil yelled at him for not thanking the away fans marked a change in both their attitudes to the club, I reckon

I found that moment so telling.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

There's probably a divide in the changing room. The good players can't be ****ed anymore and have had enough of carrying all the dross.

Probably the sort of attitude that makes him walk off the training pitch.

Not attitude it's facts. We're no better with him/Özil than we were a few years ago, what exactly are we so scared of losing? Don't recall Alexis putting any stand out performances against the big 4 away from home either, so he can stfu. New manager to start from scratch is fine with me

Just Do It

Countless other players could leak it either through being pissed at Alexis or through loyalty to Wenger. We have a couple who love the press as well.

True there's a lot of players who want Wenger to stay because they know a new manager will ship them out.

Whoever the leak is I'd still back Sanchez he has every right to slate the wasters he's been playing with for 3 seasons.

Batman

That post was a reply to a point made that we'd lose to fodder without him, which is clearly not true because he's not saved us from losing to fodder as you so kindly showed.

It's never about one player. Never about one player.
Sure it isn't but that doesn't mean that losing top players is something you just shrug off and walk away from. I get that we've been in the top 4 for 20 years and that it feels like sort of a given but there is going to come a day when losing a top player because he's unsatisfied with the efforts of the club to put talent around him is going to bite us. It's the height of arrogance to assume that anything can happen at the club and we'll still qualify. Remember Arshavin's first half season? No sane person can say we'd have made top 4 without him. It wasn't about one player but one player made a massive difference to our season. The idea that we can lose Alexis and just shrug it off regardless is poor. Yesterday's first 45 minutes should be evidence of that.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Not attitude it's facts. We're no better with him/Özil than we were a few years ago, what exactly are we so scared of losing? Don't recall Alexis putting any stand out performances against the big 4 away from home either, so he can stfu. New manager to start from scratch is fine with me

Spot on. As a matter of fact, his performances vs the big sides have overall been rubbish.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

A new manager would rather have those two than not. We're no better with them than we were without them because of Arsène.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

You really think so? This club is not going to spend what it takes to get a comparable player in and every club in the top 6 is going to be better. Mourinho will get in a proper defender and Griezmann, or Mueller. Pep has a bottomless pit of money to spend and he'll sort his defense and midfield out. Klopp will sort his defense out. If Potchy stays at Tottenham they should remain solid defensively and Kane will keep them dangerous. Chelsea will get even stronger. What are we doing to make up for the loss of Sanchez and strengthen on top of that?

Its genuinely not impossible to get 20 goals from elsewhere. RvP is the real miss here.

Batman

Its genuinely not impossible to get 20 goals from elsewhere. RvP is the real miss here.
He's also leading the team in assists and as we all lament in the match threads, we've got 1 or 2 other players who can actually string a pass together. You still haven't answered how you think the team is going to overcome other teams strengthening in addition to replacing Sanchez's production. I suspect it's because you can't. The other teams aren't just going to sit on their thumbs. They will improve.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Sure it isn't but that doesn't mean that losing top players is something you just shrug off and walk away from. I get that we've been in the top 4 for 20 years and that it feels like sort of a given but there is going to come a day when losing a top player because he's unsatisfied with the efforts of the club to put talent around him is going to bite us. It's the height of arrogance to assume that anything can happen at the club and we'll still qualify. Remember Arshavin's first half season? No sane person can say we'd have made top 4 without him. It wasn't about one player but one player made a massive difference to our season. The idea that we can lose Alexis and just shrug it off regardless is poor. Yesterday's first 45 minutes should be evidence of that.

There are other players, if we can only get a decent scout, actual human scouting not bloody statistics, to go on the hunt.

I'm perfectly happy with Wenger going, and taking both Sanchez and Özil (whom I absolutely adore beyond reason) as well as Ramsey and Walcott with him. Bring in a new manager, a new Sporting director (not Pirez) and start anew. Clean slate, a new start, a new vision, a new attitude, and let's rebuild.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He's also leading the team in assists and as we all lament in the match threads, we've got 1 or 2 other players who can actually string a pass together. You still haven't answered how you think the team is going to overcome other teams strengthening in addition to replacing Sanchez's production. I suspect it's because you can't. The other teams aren't just going to sit on their thumbs. They will improve.

Signing a proper striker could replace his goals. We'll need to get a productive wide player too.

Batman

There are other players, if we can only get a decent scout, actual human scouting not bloody statistics, to go on the hunt.

I'm perfectly happy with Wenger going, and taking both Sanchez and Özil (whom I absolutely adore beyond reason) as well as Ramsey and Walcott with him. Bring in a new manager, a new Sporting director (not Pirez) and start anew. Clean slate, a new start, a new vision, a new attitude, and let's rebuild.
I agree with you. I would love to keep Sanchez but if there is a new manager I can accept him going. I just feel like we have to keep in mind that the kind of players we need to challenge on every front regardless of who the manager is are going to cost us money that the club hasn't shown a willingness to spend. Being able to keep Sanchez and add to him rather than outlay a massive transfer fee for someone else and still have holes to fill is the quicker way to remain a destination for top players and go about raising our profile.

Batman

Signing a proper striker could replace his goals. We'll need to get a productive wide player too.
Do you honestly trust anyone at this club who have left us short of players more often that not to achieve that? I certainly don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom