• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Begging right now this fella finally gets something right again and Martial is within the list + we're only considering ManU but prefer City.

Would at least give a glimmer of hope that our board is not totally incompetent to the very core

He said Smalling (in his opinion).

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I don't see much difference between selling him to City or United. He could go to either club for free in a few months anyway. It's unlikely Arsenal will finish above United this season, regardless of what shirt Alexis is wearing. So I would say it's irrelevant who you're selling him to at this late juncture. It's not the best situation, but Arsenal has to make the best of it. No use moaning about it.
No difference in selling him to Man Utd or City? Jesus, come on man.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I don't see much difference between selling him to City or United. He could go to either club for free in a few months anyway. It's unlikely Arsenal will finish above United this season, regardless of what shirt Alexis is wearing. So I would say it's irrelevant who you're selling him to at this late juncture. It's not the best situation, but Arsenal has to make the best of it. No use moaning about it.

There is a huge difference between selling to City and ManU.
City is miles and miles ahead not only to us but also to ManU.

In fact, ManU has nothing on us in quality.
You cannot measure quality only based on a mere points gap.

Actually, ManU was very lucky to win some games and we've been rustled in more than one game due to disastrous acting of referees.

grim_tales1

I don't blame Alexis for leaving, he was such a great player for us and I loved him, its just a real shame we're selling our best player to a rival (again) :(
If he went to City he basically gets a free PL medal.

Emmanueleboue2

Taking uniteds dross on top of loosing sanchez to them is like knowing your wife cheated only to find out she cheated with your brother.

its like juventus did to the small clubs in italy, give them high salary dross for their best players. Now its working and we are on the bad end of it. shambles.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Aside from it being Mourinho, no. He could go to either club for free in the summer. And either club can afford to buy a similar player if he didn't. So what's the difference?
City are away and gone and we aren't a threat to them. We have to be realistic and choose our battles. We've finished above Man Utd ever since Fergie retired and are still well in touch with them in a race for 4th place THIS season. And you think selling a player that will improve them immeasurably rather than have him merely garnish Citys squad, is 'the same thing'. You must just want him gone if you're wiling to use such flawed reasoning to advocate his sale.

Last edited:

TheLawOfDiQ

Little will happen at Arsenal until we get an owner with the same pockets as City.

Not really, we would do 100x better if we had an owner that spent our own money. Our owner could make us better than Man City with his pockets, but he chooses not to put any of his money in.

What other club in the world lets their best players contracts run down? We don't need an owner with deep pockets, we need an owner that gives a ****.

say yes

forum master baiter
Taking uniteds dross on top of loosing sanchez to them is like knowing your wife cheated only to find out she cheated with your brother.

its like juventus did to the small clubs in italy, give them high salary dross for their best players. Now its working and we are on the bad end of it. shambles.

ryan-giggs-136389634038410401-140425171038.jpg

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
City are away and gone and we aren't a threat to them. We have to be realistic and choose our battles. We've finished above Man Utd ever since Fergie retired and are still well touch with them in a race for 4th place THIS season. An you think selling a player that will improve them immeasurably rather than have him merely garnish Citys squad, is 'the same thing'. You must just want him gone if you're wiling to use such flawed reasoning to advocate his sale.

I was actually the one who pointed out that Arsenal had finished above United for four straight seasons a couple of days ago, so obviously I'm well aware of that. But as things stand, Arsenal is 8 points behind United and very likely to be 11 points back before the weekend's games are done. The chances of finishing ahead of them this year are slim and rapidly heading toward none. Liverpool and Sp**s are the clubs that should be Arsenal's focus for the rest of this season.

Also, where did I advocate for the sale of Alexis? I was the one who was adamant all summer that Arsenal needed to keep him and let him run out his contract if need be. But they're going to sell him. It's a simple fact we have to face. And in light of that fact, Arsenal needs to get the best deal they possibly can. I could see an argument for not selling him to Liverpool because Arsenal still has some chance of finishing ahead of them. But to refuse to sell him to United and get the best deal because of some vague hope of finishing ahead of them again this year would be basically cutting off the nose to spite the face.

You're basing your opinion on emotion. I'm basing my opinion on the reality of the situation.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

United? Oh Jesus Christ.

An elite attacker is what they’re missing, City aren’t missing anything. This club doesn’t have a strategic bone between all their bodies. Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom