• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ali today!

Is Ali ready for regular first-team fotbal?

• Yes, hes done well the last times he played..

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, he is to unexperienced...

• He can claim a spot on the bench, nothing more...

• Total voters

reggiepaul

Ali was something godly today. Being there seeing Ali and Henry play was something quite amazing - sadly, he never appeared in the second half. The game was beginning to become something special seeing a DECENT partner to Henry step up a gear.

He did look something awesome. I haven't seen what Premiershit has shown yet but overall that 45 minutes, against, let's be honest now, one of the best defensive teams in the country was damn good.

Personally, musing over this I think Wenger wanted to give him time out so he could use him effectively and not tire him out over the Borothon later on in the month. Other than that, like I said, shame to not see him there in the second half.

His finishing was damn good actually, the keeper, isn't exactly the crappest in the league. Other keepers would have faltered and may have been out of position as Ali came buzzing in.

Is Ali ready for first team football? Yes.

patrick42uk

Established Member
LuKaZaN said:
Just me, or did Ali's shot right near the start of the game that hit the keepers foot look really tame?

far from it, it was that shot that stood out for me in aliadiere's performance. From that position, the normal thing would have been to shoot across goal and the keeper definately expected that. However, aliadiere cleverly shot for the near post sending the keeper the wrong way. i really hope he meant that because that is a pure goal scorers frame of mind, always trying to out think the keeper. There is one particular player good at that, sending the keeper the wrong way from open play.... ronaldo

Andrew

Yes, Ali should play more often. Lots of us here are talking about signing a new striker but if Ali plays more he could turn out to be just the player we need. He's normally there to support Henry. But Kanu's done well lately as well, while admitedly Bergkamp has dropped off the pace. So I think we should play Ali and Kanu more because obviously they are more long term options. Bergkamp's been a bit up and down this season.

And BTW, Ali was really good at laying off the ball for our other players. He got one or two passes wrong, but generally was really good.

Arsene

goonerorb: Jeffers have a no call-back clause.

Aliadere: Tonight I thought he outplayed Henry in the first half. His first touch impressed me no end, it's VERY important to have a good first touch, its what talent scouts look for, and its a skills all the top players have. His pace gives him an Henry like advantage, ofcourse his control and skill level isn't at Henry's standard. He knows how to turn players, he did it at least 3 times on my count. He came back to recieve the ball even if it was to knock it back which shows he wants the ball.

If today he had confidence in playing for the first team, and the understanding with the rest of the team he could easily have put in 1, and had 2 assists. Don't be critical about being pushed off the ball, it didn't happen today, don't think of the liverpool game think today. For god sakes the kid won headers.

He's way better than Jeffers, and as someone said he'll give us a more direct approach in the future, which most people have been crying for.

n_henry

He looked pretty darn good to me. :D

I was gutted when he got hurt. :(

Pity he didn't score inside the first minute...though can't fault him too much on it. ;) It wasn't exactly a sitter of a shot.

But yeah, he's still inexperienced and still has a way to go, but he teamed up with Henry and others pretty well. Is he ready to jump straight into the first team and be Henry's regular strike partner? I wouldn't say so yet. Kanu looked very good too when he came on. But for sure, we need to be playing Ali more regularly.

The future looks very bright indeed. :D

siddharth

Too early to comment on Ali , looks good but really has to improve his fitness.He's very fragile and IMO can't handle the physical rigours of the premiership.I would be surprised if he made the grade but seems unlikely.

It's amazing how he keeps on picking injuries through simple tackles and knocks.Injuries are a part of player's career but Ali seems to have a tremendous Affinity towars them.Now he's missed a golden chance of proving himself when he could have played in all matches against Boro.He'll struggle when he comes back and i doubt if wenger will play him in the crucial months of March,April and May.
I just wish him all the best for his future.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Boateng's tackle on Aliadiere was criminal. In the replays, Ali's leg was bent at a right angle at the knee.
He showed excellent pace and touch, and made Ehiogue (sp?) and Southgate - who are no pushovers - look like mugs on a few occasions. I was also surprised at how much spring he has in his legs, becasue despite being the smallest guy on the pitch, he was winning the majority of balls in air.
The only thing lacking was his final ball on occasion, and sometimes a bit indecisive, but that comes with experience.

He should definetely be getting a decent amount of first team action over the next two seaons, but id stick with Bergkamp or Kanu at the moment.

Jinn

Established Member
Yes, Aliadiere showed very good touch, with some very nice flicks and tricks. He'll certainly be a successful player - let's hope he can recover quickly from his injury and get back into the team!

Having said that, Kanu played very well too. Pity we'll have neither of them for some weeks.

zerofeel

Ali looked to have the potential to be a top striker...looked dangerous at times and seem to thrive bein the forward playin in beside henry..too bad he came off with an injury...hopefully he will come back soon n get to play again

lewdikris

Established Member
He'll be a very good player - Wenger has faith in him and so do I. He might end up as cover for Henry rather than his partner.

I hope he overcomes his tendency to get injured - it messes up the careers of a lot of young talent, and means they don't reach they're potential. Let's hope it doesn't happen to him.

flotz

remember the guy who trained him said he was better prospect than thierry and anelka
and about the striker crisis: just remember its better have henry fit and the others injured than the opposite

JazzG

Established Member
Saw the incident today and looked like his knee twisted in a very akward way, looked nasty

A

Anonymous

Before the Boro game i would have said he wasnt ready. He looked a bit out of his depth in the Liverpool and Leicester games, but all the reports i am hearing about him yesterday would seem to suggest he is ready.

I am so gutted he is now injured. What we need is a partner for Henry, who will actually partner him, as opposed to leaving isolated 90% of the time.

Ali looked like he has confirmed his place to be this partner. Looks like we are back to square one now.

nnn

He was a partner yesterday, something no-one else except maybe Kanu is, he was frequently further up the field then Henry, and when he dropped deep he was rewarded by winning the ball or brining it out.

All his errors were confidence related, poor crosses, a weak shot, once or twice he crossed when he should have shot. All of these things were notable in the early Henry and Anelka. But he is getting the most chances in the team for a young player since our current no. 3.

I am fairly sceptical, i was'nt wholely convinced of him before yesterday, but if he got a decent run in the team I do not doubt he could play a major part.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom