• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aliadiere wants chance

A

Anonymous

i recommend him to move to get a chance

seems to be ignored by wenger

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
he has gotten in matches when he wasn't hurt, but being hurt the better part of 3 years hasnt helped him.... he will get some time this year.... he needs to bulk up a little though....

Jkreffer

Established Member
If he can stay fit he will have more that enough chances next season. To be honest its up to him to stay fit and perform.

seanconvey66

Ive always been quite impressed by him, i think if we can get an injury free season out of him he will come on leaps and bounds. Since he's joined us he's got injured every time he looks like making an impact

Gator

Hes just been really unlucky at Arsenal and circumstances have conspired to never really give him a proper go at the first team, but he has always looked impressive in League Cup and Reserve games. He also started a premiership game earlier in the season (can't remember who against, wasn't Liverpool, it was at home) and he was the best player on the pitch in the first half, could have scored in the first minute or two, but got injured just before half time, and wasn't fit again for months. Then, when he finally was 75% fit, he was chucked straight into the biggest match of his career, and lacked match fitness and looked a bit out of his depth. And now it seems like he's going to be 4th/5th in the striker rankings for next season, but Kanu, Wiltord and Bentley leaving can't do him any harm. It will just take an injury for him to get an extended Premiership/Cup run to show what he can do, but I hope he doesn't decide to leave, as we will be short on striking backup, and he is a class act.

Aussie

Established Member
Seems to be ignored :shock:

What about Liverpool and United. To HUGE games where Wenger showed faith in him. One it payed of and the other it did not.

n_henry

I'm glad he wants to stay, even though he knows that he'll really have to work hard to prove himself.

I'm sure Wenger will give him more chances.... now if he can just stop getting injured... ;)

Senght

Great!

Its always good to have some kind of competition within the team. It fosters excellence and cultivate talent who will work hard to get their place in the team.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
I hardly think Wneger has been ingnoring him. As many have said before, everytime Wenger starts to play him, he seems to get injured. He looks like an exciting player from the few things I've seen, and he surely does dominate in the reserves, so its only a matter of time, and him staying fit, til he becomes a part of the rotation.

He'll be a great player.

slapz

He has to work in the gym to build up some physical strength.. he was totally outmuscled by the Man U defenders in the semi final and if does have enough strength to nudge defenders away ( like Rooney does ) then he'd be close to being given the job of Henry's partner

Chips&CurrySauce

Ali is such a difficult player to predict. He has impressed me at times and at other times he has been really disappointing, as he was in the TOulon tournament. However Wenger seems to really rate him as he seems to have him wrapped in cotton wool. Last season Joe Kinnear wanted to take him to Forest on loan and Wenger said 'no, Ali is far to precious'.
I think Ali is nearly 22 now and what he needs is first team football, I don't understand why Wenger is so reluctant to give him this.

Anyway it'll be interesting to see him in pre season, hopefully he will do well and gain alot of confidence.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom