• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aliadiere

DB10

out of all the youngsters that have left us, all where asked whether they wanted to go. (okay maybe there where a few that where released, but out of the realistic ones like upson, volz, sidwell etc.....)

now after hearing what Arsène said about pennant, "we want him here but he must realise that he has to fight for his place) i believe that all the youngsters, from pappa to hoyte, ahve a chance to break in to the first team,

but attitude is very important. 90% of the kids would be at least on the bench at other clubs, but here at arsenal the standard is higher. you have to be execptional to make the first team, and at the same time you must have a bit of luck. Our season's sucess is based on continuity, and blooding youngsters disrupts this (see fletcher and manu this season)

All this talk about whether bentley, ali will make it i believe is all down to their attitude. There is no doubt that they all ahve talent, however they ahve to bide their time.

bentley's attitude is prob what sets him higher in the order that pennant, and maybe ali, as he is willing to wait 3 seasons until he is there.

All the kids will make it, its whether they can be patient enough to wait for their chance.

I mean Henry is 27. Ali and Bentley are 20? they still have 7 years before they peak. Lets hope they are patient enough to stay with us till then.

Aussie

Established Member
Next season is crucial for Ali. He is currently 21 i think and is still yet to make his mark on the premier league. He needs to have an injury free season and when he gets his chances will a lot of the time be as subs he needs to grab them with both hands.

jeremiesgirl

I have so much faith in Ali and I used to think Wenger did too but lately I'm beginning to wonder. There does't appear to be that many references to Jeremie playing next year for Arsenal and if Wenger is still buying new strikers then I dont know where that leaves Ali.

I do feel that since Ali played in the semi against Man U, Wenger has been reluctant to make a gamble by playing Ali, he has only played in 1 reserve game since that match so yes I imagine his confidence is very low, especially after the way so many "SO CALLED" fans slated him and pretty much blamed him solely for the loss.

I do think Wenger rates Ali more highly that Bentley and rightly so. I just hope Ali does feature in some of our remaining games, so 1. He can impress and show how much talent he has and 2. So that he can pick up a premiership medal!

I am not sure whether Wenger would choose to play Ali over Bergkamp regularly, maybe he would feature more next season if he can stay injury free, but when it comes to the crunch, he would always play Bergkamp in finals and the Champs Lge.

It will be hard for Ali to prove himself when he has SO much competion for starting for Arsenal, what more can you expect from the best club in the world?! I just hope Ali makes the most of the chances he's given and with a bit of a luck he can keep away from injuries.

Next year will be make or break for him for his Arsenal future so lets hope its a success :)

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom