• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

... all down to his boots

laolu

During his first four games for Arsenal, Reyes was forced to wear a pair of borrowed boots with the sponsors’ logo blacked out.

But then his sponsors Kelme flew in a new pair of his trademark white boots ahead of the Chelsea game — and the results were spectacular. Reyes insisted: “It was all down to my boots.

“I felt so much more comfortable when I received them and was able to train and play in them.

“After the first goal went in against Chelsea I felt so much better and much more confident in everything I was doing.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002 ... 56,00.html

Aussie

Established Member
Keep him in those boots and dont let him take them off. Somebody said in a thread something about the his boots being changed before the Chelsea game and that is why he thought Reyes scored two.I remember the thread was titled Call me stupid well maybe he wasnt so stupid.

Adam

Established Member
Anybody know where you can buy a pair if they have just been launched in the UK?

Any good footy boots sites?

Jkreffer

Established Member
Kelme boots are wicked. On the continent probably as big as Henrys Mercurial Vapours are here right now. Kelmes are really light apparently.
Pires Pumas
Henrys Vapours
Dennis' Reeboks :wink:
Reyes Kelmes
What a star studded line up of footwear!

Adam

Established Member
You can buy them at soccer.com, and some other site too. Not the same ref and white as Reyes's though!

Aussie

Established Member
Jkreffer said:
Kelme boots are wicked. On the continent probably as big as Henrys Mercurial Vapours are here right now. Kelmes are really light apparently.
Pires Pumas
Henrys Vapours
Dennis' Reeboks :wink:
Reyes Kelmes
What a star studded line up of footwear!

Henry's boots are wicked although i think he could play barefoot and still do what he does.

Soler

Established Member
I swear if I found out a player was playing crap because he didn't have his lucky boots, I'd rip his head off. It's just a bit of leather!

Adam

Established Member
Kelme boots are very nice though. The Vapors Thierry wears are great, and the new Adidas's Cole wears are a good boot. Pires's Pumas are nice, but they seem to lose traction easily.

Overall - i think the Vapor is the best boot.

Jinn

Established Member
Mad Jens said:
I swear if I found out a player was playing crap because he didn't have his lucky boots, I'd rip his head off. It's just a bit of leather!

Hah, but its all psychological. And if it works, I aint complaining,

Adam

Established Member
Thats exactly it. When you buy new boots - 80 percent of the difference is psychological (unless you were playing in bare feet or had wellingtons on).

You buy into the psychology of wearing Thierrys boots, or Reyes's boots - and that improves your confidence of touch, and overall play.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom