• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Almunia & PV4

AdamT

who? almunia or vieira? either way thats rubbish. no way any keeper could have saved that unless he was standing in front of it.

and vieira may have given the free kick away but from 35 yards out its a fair call to foul instead of allow a player to beat you. and people give away free kicks all the time, in every team, in every game. very few become goals, and this was a freak goal anyway.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
AdamT said:
OnteaminLondon said:
I think that's an excellent point. It's sad, but it's understandable. He flirted with another woman, essentially, and though we'll never know for sure the reason why the relationship wasn't consumated, the fact that he even batted his eyelids means that he betrayed us.

Anyway, clumsy metaphors aside, we should move on. He's here, he's not going anywhere and we're a much better team with him in the side. It's time people started realising that, rather than carrying on hurting about something that was dealt with months ago.

bullshit. the fact he chose to stay just shows his commitment, and the fact he actually thought about an exciting new career challenge is irrelevant.

as to his form, it will return, just as freddie ljungberg has become red hot again, now he is over his injuries.and i recall plenty of you calling for his head also...

one thing i've always thought is that we play our players too soon after injury, then they re-injure themselves a lot, happened to vieira, ljungberg, gilberto, etc.
and almunia i like him, i hope he continues to do well,he has given us what we haven't had for years, good shot stopping. now everyone always says, oh thats the good thing about seaman, and now lehmann, their positioning is so good they don't make things look spectacular, well bullshit, if your positioning is so good you should still be pulling off screamers that absolutely no one else could save. so props to almunia, bout time

Can I just point out that I've been one of PV4's staunchest defenders on this website?

Thanks.

DannyGooner1982

Almunia is improving with every match and I feel more secure with him behind the four defenders than Lehmann. I reckon he'll develop into one of the best keepers in Europe! He certainly has the potential to...

I think everyone's forgotten that Vieira got injured after Euro 2004 and during the first half of the season. This has thus stunted his recovery to full fitness. He has improved in the matches over this hectic holiday programme and I wouldn't trade his leadership skills for any other. Definitely still one of the best midfielders walking this planet. There's only one Patrick Vieira!

KingReyes

Established Member
Got this piece from an article about the Charlton game and I think it sums up Vieira's recent performances and what he is when at his best. I've felt like others that he's not been doing what he knows best during games. However you can see that physically he is slowly coming back to 100% and the consistency he showed in the second half of last season is also showing. Here's hoping that it continues to improve.

Patrick was immense,” Arsène Wenger said on Saturday after what, ultimately, turned out to be a comfortable victory at The Valley. The Arsenal manager was overstating the case but, even at seven out of ten, it was almost certainly the best Vieira has played this season. His team need the recovery to continue if they are to not to be left bobbing around in Chelsea’s wake.

“People talk about me a lot but at the moment we are winning games because of our midfield,” Thierry Henry said. “At Newcastle and again today Patrick was immense with the help of Freddie (Ljungberg) and young (Francesc) Fàbregas. When Patrick is like that he is unbelievable.

“Ask Chelsea fans and they will say Lampard is the best and Liverpool fans will say it is Gerrard. But when all those players are at their best you realise straightaway it is Patrick. Today was the Patrick Vieira everyone likes to see. I know he got a bit of stick after the Liverpool game when people were saying he was not on his game, getting too many yellow and red cards, but our last two wins were down to him. When he is like that we can go so far.

“Today it wasn’t a win like we used to do, by destroying teams with our passing. Today was about commitment and desire and Patrick was the man who set the tone.”

tbbosa

i don't see the good of this discussion in terms of helping our team do better!!...Critisism all the time :evil:

goonerkads

Viera was influential at the Newcastle game and dominant in the Charlton game . If this form continues, along with Henry and Ljunberg being on fire this can ONLY benefit us.

AdamT

OneteaminLondon said:
AdamT said:
OnteaminLondon said:
I think that's an excellent point. It's sad, but it's understandable. He flirted with another woman, essentially, and though we'll never know for sure the reason why the relationship wasn't consumated, the fact that he even batted his eyelids means that he betrayed us.

Anyway, clumsy metaphors aside, we should move on. He's here, he's not going anywhere and we're a much better team with him in the side. It's time people started realising that, rather than carrying on hurting about something that was dealt with months ago.

bullshit. the fact he chose to stay just shows his commitment, and the fact he actually thought about an exciting new career challenge is irrelevant.

as to his form, it will return, just as freddie ljungberg has become red hot again, now he is over his injuries.and i recall plenty of you calling for his head also...

one thing i've always thought is that we play our players too soon after injury, then they re-injure themselves a lot, happened to vieira, ljungberg, gilberto, etc.
and almunia i like him, i hope he continues to do well,he has given us what we haven't had for years, good shot stopping. now everyone always says, oh thats the good thing about seaman, and now lehmann, their positioning is so good they don't make things look spectacular, well bullshit, if your positioning is so good you should still be pulling off screamers that absolutely no one else could save. so props to almunia, bout time

Can I just point out that I've been one of PV4's staunchest defenders on this website?

Thanks.

feel free to point it out, i'm glad to hear it.
I was just going by your post which perpetuates this whole "naughty vieira for even considering leaving" stuff, which infuriates me it is so infantile.the man is employed by arsenal fc, if another employment offer comes in he is surely free to consider it.
the fact that he made the right choice is enough for me!

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
AdamT said:
OneteaminLondon said:
AdamT said:
OnteaminLondon said:

Thanks.

feel free to point it out, i'm glad to hear it.
I was just going by your post which perpetuates this whole "naughty vieira for even considering leaving" stuff, which infuriates me it is so infantile.the man is employed by arsenal fc, if another employment offer comes in he is surely free to consider it.
the fact that he made the right choice is enough for me!

No, it doesn't- well maybe it did, a little- but I was trying to reflect the fact that some people do feel he betrayed us in the summer hence some of the irrational bollocks spouted by those who should know better. I for one had no doubt that a) he was free to consider another offer and b) having rejected that, that he would go on to be his usual influential self as his fitness came back.

Chips&CurrySauce

Yep I also was one of those that have defended Patrick, despite the protracted on off move to Real Madrid. Obviously I was disappointed with all the Summer speculation, but I don't understand some of the crap I have read on here. It seems certain people took it as a personal rejection. As far as I was concerned Patrick gave us 8 incredible years, whilst players like Overmars, Petit, Anelka, moved on, Patrick remained loyal to us and to be fair at the age of 28 I could understand why he would be interested in one last major challenge..

This same abuse has now turned to Edu. As wenger said when it comes to contract negotiations, the player looks after his side and the club looks after its own. This is football. Don't take it personally people!

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]
Back
Top Bottom