• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Almunia v Newcastle

Firstly having got your attention I offer no apologies for posting this here. :lol:

But lets get behind the lads!

Scenario

Lehmann gets injured at some point early in the season, and we do not buy another goalkeeper. Almunia may be our only experienced goalkeeper.

Therefore, I think that as Gooners we should sing his name and that of others including Lauren, Toure, Senderos, Gilberto, even that of Cole.(this would get the media off our case). loudly and proudly. This would 1. improve the atmosphere and 2. more importantly help to increase the level of performance of the players.

Having played football myself, one thing is for certain having the support of the crowd CAN lead to an improvement but having NO support has not and will not help anybody.

The players particularly those named above need our support like at no other time before. Lets leave our supposed demise and downfall to the jealous opposition and the biased media.

Here's looking forward to another good season. :!:

PS How would you feel as being part of a successful member of a team, and people only recognise the contribution of the so called "superstars"?

Ricky_AFC

Nice post. Your right especially in the case of Almunia with his confidence problems, chanting his name could have a huge effect on how he performs when we are forced to play him.

eddie_wills

Spike said:
Almoooooooonia!

...cough medicine with clout?

Good post eezy, it's so refreshing to see a new thread with a sanguine message on these forums which are oft depressing to read because of the negative attitude held by some.

MK5

I have never and hopefully will never boo a player wearing an Arsenal shirt. I can't remember who we played right now but the game at Highbury after Almunia's first howler (at Old Traffod in the League cup game) the whole North Bank stood up and give him a big applaud when he ran to his goal to get ready for kick off. I was on the North Bank that night and did cheer him on myself but after all the mistakes he did last season I don't know if I could do that anymore. The guy simply ain't Premiership standard and even though I'd never boo him I don't think I could sing his name either after all the stomach ace he's giving me by just existing.

A

Anonymous

if it wasnt for alumina we wouldnt have finished 2nd or win the fa cup. He single handesly changed our season with that magic performance against shefiled utd, which resulted in a long unbeaten run, and having numerous clean sheets in a row. And name me a better shot-stopper in the premiership?

KoLo28

Yes, players like Almunia, Cygan, Toure, Senderos, Flamini, Gilberto etc deserve our support, probably more than the Reyes' and Henry's. It would give these guys a boost of confiedence.

You could sing Manuel Almunia similar to the song 'Jose Antonio, Jose Antonio'

agnishevchenko

hmm.. i would be more convinced if Vieira signed.. but since we didnt make it, it leaves us with no choice than almunia does it??

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 29

Bruno Guimaraes’ representatives have been told by Newcastle that he won’t be sold unless his release clause is triggered [TBR Football]

Arsenal are one of a number of clubs interested in Leeds’ 18 year old midfielder Archie Gray [Fabrizio Romano]

Kia Joorabchian has claimed striker Joshua Zirkzee is pushing towards a move to Arsenal [Corriere dello Sport]

Arsenal have moved on from midfielder Martin Zubimendi and are targeting other players in the position instead [HITC]

RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Šeško is the club’s number one target this summer [John Cross - The Mirror]

Any move for Bruno Guimaraes or Douglas Luiz depends on the departure of Thomas Partey [Sami Mokbel - The Mail]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom