• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

André-Pierre Gignac

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianfrance

Established Member
I've got no web souce about it, I've read it in a paper in a the train!

It seems Wenger is closely following Gignac's progress (Gignac nearly made the France Squad against Argentina!!)

He's a pure striker, very strong and tall (186cm, 84kgs!)

He's good in the air, but mainly excellent with his feet and movement, technically excellent, excellent passer of the ball. And he's only 21 years old! He has scored 7 goals so far this season, and a couple of assists, quite honest for a first high level season.

I don't think we need another striker, but if wenger ever wanted to add one, I do think it would be a great buy. He's a modern player incarnate, strong, tall, quick, gifted.

Link to the guy => <a class="postlink" href="http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/FootballFicheJoueur21222.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Football ... 21222.html</a>

patrick42uk

Established Member
doesnt do much for bendtner's cause if true.

cheers for sharing the info bf. its great that a-m has these links all over europe.

Asterix

Established Member
Nonsense. He needs to be always, always on the look out for promising players and players that could make the squad better.

Bendtner could be excellent; or he could be Jermaine Pennant.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Asterix said:
Nonsense. He needs to be always, always on the look out for promising players and players that could make the squad better.

Yep. Would like to see Bendtner get a chance to be fourth striker next season. Ali hasn't convinced me yet, so I would try something new. I rate Bendtner higher.

Agree we should always be on the look out for talented players. I don't mind having 10 very talented players, like Gignac, on loan at other clubs (or letting them play for their old club), where they can prove, they're not a Pennant or Bentley, but a real strengthening for our team.

This hardly costs money if you buy the players early enough. Even if they flop you still will be able to get money for them by selling them to a midtable club.

By the way what would Gignac cost?

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Asterix said:

Wenger also said he is not looking for anyone in the window because he wants to give players chances. Baptista was his example.

Only excuse for this guy is our injuries.

asajoseph

Established Member
But what if Gignac's actually better than the guys we've got? Or even potentially so? Nobody has an iron-clad right to play for Arsenal, they have to earn it by being better than their peers. Videos on Youtube don't count.

qs

Established Member
asajoseph said:
But what if Gignac's actually better than the guys we've got? Or even potentially so? Nobody has an iron-clad right to play for Arsenal, they have to earn it by being better than their peers. Videos on Youtube don't count.

Spot on. If we can improve why not. If we find a cheap striker better than Ade he should take his palce. If we find a midfielder better than Fab(unlikely ;) ) then he can ahve his place. The best player gets the job. Simple as that.

Asterix

Established Member
Exactly. Plus, Arsène can't go to the player editor to see his future potential, like some people on here think you can do in the real world....

entropy13

Established Member
yankeegooner said:
entropy13 said:
He was first linked to Portsmouth...now us.

Usually the other way around...

Not in this case though. There was a September article about him linking him to Pompey, when Lorient was in the top 8 of Ligue 1 back then...

yankeegooner

entropy13 said:
yankeegooner said:
entropy13 said:
He was first linked to Portsmouth...now us.

Usually the other way around...

Not in this case though. There was a September article about him linking him to Pompey, when Lorient was in the top 8 of Ligue 1 back then...

Didn't mean it to sound like I doubted you, just making the point that generally Pompey come in for either our former players or players we're linked with.

11vanpersie

no thanks

thierry, van persie, adebayor, theo, bendtler, lupoli, and some other young guns = no room

no matter if he was better than some of them guys, there all world class! we already got rid of stoke who was bloody good! i thought he would have made it so why try and sign anther stiker because that means you would probably have to sacrifice one of them ^^^?

N!

Lupoli's most likely moving back to Italy at the end of the season anyway. But then we do also have Vela and that Sunu kid?

But i agree, the striking deperartment is more cramped that the TESCOs checkouts at Swindon....

N!

Aliadiere and Baptista would like to challenge that statement PolishGooner :wink:

kamikaze80

Established Member
sounds like he could be a bentdner replacement if niklas' attitude proves to be wrong, since early signs on that are not good.

attitude is going to be key for that 4th striker spot cos whichever young player fills that role has to be humble enough to accept sitting on the bench but still train hard to take advantage when the chances come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Latest posts

Top Bottom