• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

André-Pierre Gignac

Status
Not open for further replies.

dos1986

Established Member
Yeah id agree kami Bendtner isnt the man to have round as 4th choice.Im happy Arsène is looking at alternatives especially when you read the below and other stuff your hear around him

quote="jarsenal_man"]in the danish fhm magasine bendtner was interviewed and supposedly said this:
He loves being a footballer, and also love to party. He thinks the best things in life are Football, Women and booze… and family comes after that! He also goes on about his life in Birmingham and the parties they throw and the trouble that is all part of every day training. His biggest ambitions are to play for the Danish National Team (achieved) and to play for either Real Madrid or Barcelona! Not a lot of mention about Arsenal.

do you really think he's worth it??[/quote]

RC8

Established Member
I'm not sure if Bendtner would accept a 4th choice status, as he seems to have a pretty big ego and a very selfish agent (albeit his father).

Hopefully this is not the case, and he'll do the work fine without complaining too much, but I don't like his attitude at all, and maybe Wenger wants to sell him and buy this guy in exchange. French guys tend to be more loyal than those from any other nation when it comes to Arsenal, as it seems we are quite popular around there.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
RC8 said:
I'm not sure if Bendtner would accept a 4th choice status, as he seems to have a pretty big ego and a very selfish agent (albeit his father).

Hopefully this is not the case, and he'll do the work fine without complaining too much, but I don't like his attitude at all, and maybe Wenger wants to sell him and buy this guy in exchange. French guys tend to be more loyal than those from any other nation when it comes to Arsenal, as it seems we are quite popular around there.
I got the same feeling. I don't reckon Bendtner will stay in Arsenal too long. He will ask for more starts than his current level can warant.

M+D

Established Member
Andre-Pierre Gignac

Arsenal are considering moving for Toulouse striker Andre-Pierre Gignac as a replacement for Emmanuel Adebayor.

Gignac, 23, was the French league's top scorer last season and has been the subject of a £13million bid from Lyon - but Toulouse want closer to £18m.

Arsenal, armed with £25m from Adebayor's sale to Manchester City, had scouts watch Gignac on Friday night in a friendly against Bordeaux who had Marouane Chamakh in their line up.

Arsène Wenger is an admirer of Sunderland target Chamakh, Hoffenheim's Demba Ba and Newcastle's Obafemi Martins but Gignac is believed to be his preference.

Daily Mail Link

progman07

Established Member
Re: Andre-Pierre Gignac

if we really did have scouts there, it can be for lots of things. It isn't like we only scouted 2-3 players at the same time only.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Very good player. If we don't get him Lyon probably will. I'd be happy with either him or Chamakh if we're out for another striker.

Lord Dula

Established Member

What's he like Klaus?

Only going on pictures, not much I know, but I'd imagine he's a Santa Cruz type player

Viking

I know it's the Daily mail, but they're often pretty spot on regarding our business.

progman07

Established Member

Viking said:
I know it's the Daily mail, but they're often pretty spot on regarding our business.
I might be wrong but weren't they linking us to Ribery a few Sundays earlier? Also, they stated we were scouting him. We are scouting basically every talented player playing in France.

Meatwad

Toulouse have some really good young players including him. Two holding mid types Etienne Capoue and Moussa Sissoko, left back Cheikh M'Bengue and defender Mohamed Fofana.

Viking

progman07 said:
Viking said:
I might be wrong but weren't they linking us to Ribery a few Sundays earlier? Also, they stated we were scouting him. We are scouting basically every talented player playing in France.
Doesn't mean they can't be wrong ;) They were right on about Arshavin and Reyes, as far as I remember, and probably others too that I can't remember?

Besides, they also stated Gignac is Wenger's preferred target.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Lord Dula said:
What's he like Klaus?

Only going on pictures, not much I know, but I'd imagine he's a Santa Cruz type player
Top scorer in Ligue 1 last season I believe. Gourcuff was voted the best player in France last season, with Bastos and Gignac right behind him. He's big and strong, fairly quick. Good at running at defenders too, so that should suit Dules well ;)

A bit worrying that he's a Toulouse player though. They're known to command large transfer fees for their players. All things considered I think Chamakh is a better option for us right now, though Gignac might turn out to be a superior player in a few years.

Thommybhoy

Established Member

I think he would be maybe even my no1 choice for us to sign, he should be available for less than 18m, +/-12m I'd say.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Good player, if we wanted a striker from the french league, should be either him or Hoarau

longrufus

Established Member

Good player, a much better player than Chamakh and the cost will reflect as much.

I just want Wenger to get his buisness done, and get it done fast, no point waiting until the last minute and then lose out, we need to strengthen now. Yet another frustrating transfer window.

qs

Established Member

longrufus said:
Good player, a much better player than Chamakh and the cost will reflect as much.

I just want Wenger to get his buisness done, and get it done fast, no point waiting until the last minute and then lose out, we need to strengthen now. Yet another frustrating transfer window.

I wouldn't call it frustrating yet, still a few weeks away from that. I agree though, now that we have the Ade money I hope we see a couple of deals finalised in the next 2 weeks.

Thommybhoy

Established Member

Problem is now everybody knows we have money... So we either had agreed deals before and waited to offload Ade or this will last longer cause we again have to prove we are not gone overpay just cause we can.

qs

Established Member

Well if we identified more than on or two targets every summer maybe we'd be able to get players for less by saying "**** it then, if you waont give us Ginac for £15m we'll just go buy Chamakh for £7m"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom