• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Andriy Lunin

BBF

Not bad. There's a lot of decent keepers in Europe playing for small sides. Surely he's not worth 6m though, this is a 2m transfer at best.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Not bad. There's a lot of decent keepers in Europe playing for small sides. Surely he's not worth 6m though, this is a 2m transfer at best.

Think it works out like that with the euro exchange rate tbf.

Aevi

Hale End FC
We need someone who can start. If he can, I'm all for it. Otherwise, I hope the club knows we'll still need someone else.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He looks good, but buying 19 year old's from Zorya Luhansk isn't the conventional method of winning the league. Having said that de Gea wasn't much more experienced when Utd picked him up. Anyway, it looks like Inter are in pole position for him so we'll see.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
He looks good, but buying 19 year old's from Zorya Luhansk isn't the conventional method of winning the league. Having said that de Gea wasn't much more experienced when Utd picked him up. Anyway, it looks like Inter are in pole position for him so we'll see.

Really? David De Gea played 2 straight seasons in La Liga for Atletico Madrid.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Really? David De Gea played 2 straight seasons in La Liga for Atletico Madrid.

Yes I know, I just meant that de Gea was 20 while Lunin is 19 and de Gea had played about 80 games for Atletico while Lunin has played about 60. Not saying they're like for like, obviously de Gea was less of an unknown than Lunin is.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
De gea struggled in his first season at Man utd too. Goal keepers are different from outfield player's if they very talented then they'll start in first team at very young age Like Sczesney Oblak Pickford and many others.

Malky

Established Member
I doubt we'd be signing him to be first choice.
Won't even be an Ospina replacement. He'll be sent out on loan.

This is the type on move we should of done when we signed Cech - find a top young goalkeeping prospect (19-21 years old) and sent them on loan until they were ready for the first team here and we'd have Cech's long term replacement. Identical to how Chelsea done it with Courtouis.

BBF

Yes I know, I just meant that de Gea was 20 while Lunin is 19 and de Gea had played about 80 games for Atletico while Lunin has played about 60. Not saying they're like for like, obviously de Gea was less of an unknown than Lunin is.

de Gea and Thiago tore up that u21 championship, I think it was quite clear he was going to be a world class shot stopper at the very least imo.

Anyway, If you sign this geezer and stick him in the reserves then there's no harm there. Rather a young talented guy challenging than a washed up backup keeper.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom