• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Angry Roberto Carlos demands Real Madrid transfer

Ratinho

Established Member
Money orinetated?

He's been at the club for years, and consistently one of their best players, yet they pay him less than the others because he's a left back. I'd be pi55ed off too.

But, we aren't even close to needing him as we have Cole (already better) and Clichy (Ashley Coles younger, and slightly less attractive clone).

tox

Mouriniho wouldn't want him, hes getting old and defensively hes not amazing. Hes plays Gallas at left back at the moment to 'solid up' his back four.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
tox said:
Mouriniho wouldn't want him, hes getting old and defensively hes not amazing. Hes plays Gallas at left back at the moment to 'solid up' his back four.

Chelsea might've beaten us had they started with a genuine left back in Bridge instead of a right footed left back who cant cross the ball with his left foot. Gallas had some good looks in that game but failed to capitalise on the cross.

A

Anonymous

Might have, would have, should have.

We would have beaten them if we had our first choice midfield!

skart14

Too old...why settle for a 2nd rate has been, when we have the best and 2nd best... :wink:

DannyGooner1982

Can't believe everything you believe in the media.

Though I can understand why he would want a change of scenery..getting racially abused vs Barca?!

MightyArsenal

I dunno If cole is the best left back in the world, im sure zambrotta and Del horno would argue with that :p
I have to say that cole has also performed poorly now for a couple of months, could be because of van nistlerooy's tackle but I think its more to do with form, there was no way he could have played like he did in the euro champs and early prem season all season. Lets hope he gets that form back because we need it.

the dawn raids

Established Member
MightyArsenal said:
I dunno If cole is the best left back in the world, im sure zambrotta and Del horno would argue with that :p
I have to say that cole has also performed poorly now for a couple of months, could be because of van nistlerooy's tackle but I think its more to do with form, there was no way he could have played like he did in the euro champs and early prem season all season. Lets hope he gets that form back because we need it.

hopefully his little self-imposed break will do him good.

AFCG7

Established Member
We can sign him for peanuts and use him on the left side of midfield..coming off the bench of course.

Well maybe if it was possible to do a deal like that. ;D

MightyArsenal

I dunno why alot of people have a downer on the guy, hes probably been one of their most important players in Real's champs league games in the past. And even though hes older now, hes still go an incredibly dangerous cross shot on him which will do damage to any team.

Soler

Established Member
He really doesn't. His shooting is so overrated. 9/10 he misses completely, and a lot of his goals have come from deflections. I remember one he scored against Bayern Munich in 1997, I think, it was a complete fluke as it majorly deflected off of who I assume was Jens Jeremies.

Florida Gooner

Mad Jens said:
He really doesn't. His shooting is so overrated. 9/10 he misses completely, and a lot of his goals have come from deflections. I remember one he scored against Bayern Munich in 1997, I think, it was a complete fluke as it majorly deflected off of who I assume was Jens Jeremies.

I thought it deflected off Cygan... :wink:

Canuck

Established Member
ASHBURRN said:
Might have, would have, should have.

We would have beaten them if we had our first choice midfield!

AMEN!

R.Carlos or Cole? No question in my mind.
He's a solid player and scores some nice goals, but this isn't an area we really need to spend big to fill. I'd stick with Ash. He'll be solid for us for years still.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom