• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Are you worried about a lack of experience?

Are you worried about lack experience for the CL?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mark said:
*Loyan* said:
But Mark you've got to remember that Vieira was out for large chunks of last season, and we coped. I'm not saying we will be better without him, but I'm saying we still have enough quality to cope for the time being that a replacement becomes ready for the Premiership.

But I still noticed differences in the way we played. He is a key part of Wengerball and it shows when he is not playing. Sure we can cope for a few matches, but it will take a long time not only for any replacement to adapt, but for the whole team to adapt to him not being there.
Yeah, I get what you're saying but someone like Xabi Alonso can fill that void once he acclimatises to the rigours of our leahue.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mark said:
*Loyan* said:
But Mark you've got to remember that Vieira was out for large chunks of last season, and we coped. I'm not saying we will be better without him, but I'm saying we still have enough quality to cope for the time being that a replacement becomes ready for the Premiership.

But I still noticed differences in the way we played. He is a key part of Wengerball and it shows when he is not playing. Sure we can cope for a few matches, but it will take a long time not only for any replacement to adapt, but for the whole team to adapt to him not being there.
Yeah, I get what you're saying but someone like Xabi Alonso can fill that void once he acclimatises to the rigours of our league.

EDIT: Double Post

Henry IV

If PV4 left (I hope he doesn't) then we win the ECL in May 2005, it would be supremely ironic. I do think PV4 will be around though to lead us to European glory.

Split

Well most of you disagree with me, judging by the poll results, but what does Wenger think? - Wenger quote

Do you think he is implying we need to bring in more experience? I hope so. Hopefully that defender he wants to bring in will be an experienced one. Hopefully one with leadership qualities.

Anders Limpar

What experience did Porto or Monaco have this year? Or Greece in the Euro championship? Keown? Parlour? Wiltord? Give me a break...they never won a CL-game for Arsenal...

...there's something missing when we play in Europe, if we can get that riight nothing stand between now and eternity!!

;D

Split

Anders Limpar said:
What experience did Porto or Monaco have this year? Or Greece in the Euro championship? Keown? Parlour? Wiltord? Give me a break...they never won a CL-game for Arsenal...

...there's something missing when we play in Europe, if we can get that riight nothing stand between now and eternity!!

;D

or even when Ajax won the European cup with kids, like Kanu!?

and Manure one the Premiership with kids, like beckham!?

I know what you're saying, it is possible to do it with kids, but it's safer to have a good balance of experience in there.

Porto and Monaco and Greece were not 'experienced' but they weren't full of kids.

I am not saying our squad isn't awesome!! I believe that we have the potential to win the EPL and CL with this squad. But it will be easier with 1 or 2 more experience players in the squad.

p.s. i started this thread when I thought Vieira was leaving.

Anders Limpar

But then we should buy someone who has done it already...Clarence Seedorf has done it with three different clubs...I'll go for him then, haha...

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
i think there is a good balance of youth and experience in the squad. there is really nothing to worry about. our starting 11 is just right. there is nothing to worry about. we are fine. even on sunday, there was still a good balance on the field. do not fret.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
First of all - with the pace of the game these days i'd much rather have a team filled with youngsters than one filled with 30+ year olds.

Arsenal, however, are fortunate enough to have some of the most recognized experienced faces on the planet with the likes of dennis, sol, vieira, bobby and thierry - along with some of the hottest young prospects european football has to offer with the likes of Cesc, reyes, bentley, pennant, clichy, toure, senderos, lupoli and v.persie.

Hoyte, aliardiere, stack and flamini are also youngsters who seem to have bright future ahead of them.

All in all, this arsenal team is the best i have ever seen - 'worrying' is the last thing we should be doing. :wink:

Sammer

Established Member
With Viera leaving - yes I would be a bit worried.

With Viera staying - we have the perfect balance to conduct a smooth "generation switch" and to introduce our "galactikids" to being a regular 1st team squad member without threatening our performance.

Split

agreed.

'worried' is the wrong word, especially now that vieira is staying.

Arnie

yes i'm worried.
with bergkamp, henry, pires, ljungberg, sol, ashley, lehmann, lauren, gilberto, vieira, Edu.

I am very worried about cl experience.

I know sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but sometimes you guys really deserve it. Stop Moaning!!!! ;D

johe

Arnie said:
yes i'm worried.
with bergkamp, henry, pires, ljungberg, sol, ashley, lehmann, lauren, gilberto, vieira, Edu.

I know sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but sometimes you guys really deserve it. Stop Moaning!!!! ;D

Add Cygan to your list, he has plenty CL experience with Lille. ;)

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
johe said:
Arnie said:
yes i'm worried.

Add Cygan to your list, he has plenty CL experience with Lille. ;)
Toure has gained lots of experience last season.

Anders Limpar

Split,

Of course it's me, as I have nothing else to do, haha...

...no, I'm sorry, it's not! But even though I cheered for Arsenal before Limpar became an Arsenal player I became a true fan when he arrived and have followed the club ever since. He suffeed quite a bit under George Graham and was equally misunderstood by the swedish national coach at the time. One of the greatest artist Sweden has produced in modern time. He runs a bar in Stockholm nowdays, if you go there you definitely meet him. And I think he coaches a youth team for his first club Brommapojkarna (The Bromma boys). The club (Bromma is a middle class area in Stockholm) is arguable the best youth set up in the country! Bojan Djordic in the Manure squad is one of "the boys" from Bromma!

Any other questions? :angel

Anders Limpar

Can someone please tell me when Wiltord, Parlour or Keown won a CL game?

Don't misunderstand me, I rate Parlour and Keown as high as the next man (even higher I suspect) but quality very often beat experience and with Freddie, Vieira, Campbell, Henry, Pires, Lehman, Cole, Lauren and especially Bergkamp we could have experience as a business idea for christ sake!

It's not inexperience that makes us loose every damn quaterfinal in the CL, it's something else! When you find out you can give Wenger a call because i think he really wants to know, haha....

Gurgen

Established Member
Anders Limpar said:
Can someone please tell me when Wiltord, Parlour or Keown won a CL game?

I remember Parlour scoring 2-1 vs. Valencia somewhere in 2000 or 2001 or so.

Split

Anders Limpar said:
Split,

Of course it's me, as I have nothing else to do, haha...

...no, I'm sorry, it's not! But even though I cheered for Arsenal before Limpar became an Arsenal player I became a true fan when he arrived and have followed the club ever since. He suffeed quite a bit under George Graham and was equally misunderstood by the swedish national coach at the time. One of the greatest artist Sweden has produced in modern time. He runs a bar in Stockholm nowdays, if you go there you definitely meet him. And I think he coaches a youth team for his first club Brommapojkarna (The Bromma boys). The club (Bromma is a middle class area in Stockholm) is arguable the best youth set up in the country! Bojan Djordic in the Manure squad is one of "the boys" from Bromma!

Any other questions? :angel

Wow, I might have to go to his bar in Stockholm one day. I have a friend from Halmstad and she says she goes to the same places freddie hangs out. So maybe I could meet 2 arsenal heros in one trip?

Anders was my favourite player, I used to always pretend to be him in the playground, I even try to get my hair to look like his. :eek:ops: the way he was treated by GG really used to piss me off.

remember that goal he scored from the edge of the centre circle!

There were moments from the 90/91 season where he was as good as anyone else on the planet.

Anders Limpar, I salute you!

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom