• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Fans in the Stands

jaguars4ever

1. Who's that guy with the really long hair, earrings, bandana (looks like a pirate) who always sits behind the goal (and tries to celebrate with the players). He's got mad enthusiasm and should be an example of the level of passion our fellow Gooners should have.

2. Whatever happened to the Highbury Screamer? (that middle aged black lady who screamed like a whistle-tip anytime we almost scored/conceded). Has she been "relocated" or has she stopped attending games?

3. How awesome was the "Is There A Firedrill?" song we sang to the Hammers after Santi's goal? Always gets a chuckle when we use it against Sp**s. I don't hear other supporters use it, so it is an exclusive Gooner creation?

4. At the Olympiacos game, who was that Gooner executive lady who was flirting with the Gooner executive man next to her (they were sitting in front of Ivan Gazidis and Arsène)? I thought the only lady board member we had was Nina Bracewell Smith.

Glovegun

Established Member
I've heard the firedrill song all over the country, pretty sure it's not exclusive to the Arsenal.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
jaguars4ever said:
1. Who's that guy with the really long hair, earrings, bandana (looks like a pirate) who always sits behind the goal (and tries to celebrate with the players). He's got mad enthusiasm and should be an example of the level of passion our fellow Gooners should have.
Anthony Hall ,aka "Bully". He's the guy who went crazy after Van Persie gave him his shirt vs Chelsea away last season. - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiOueOsM-SE&feature=player_embedded" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiOueOsM ... r_embedded</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
jaguars4ever said:

Van-Persie-shirt-007.jpg

This was when Van ***** gave him his match shirt after thumping Chelsea 5-3 last season.

There is another fan, I think they call him The Rock. I remember when we lost to Sp*rs in CC semi 5-1 at WHL, he was there singing his lungs out even though we were losing.

VAVAVOOM 14

Who is our famous fan who always sports a black beret?

Ljungberg gave him his boots or shirt after our last game at Highbury. I've seen him in DVDs and whatnot.

He usually sports a scarf and retro shirts, I met him once when I was younger, I think his name was Michael?

evoh_1

Established Member
Cruisio said:
The Highbury Screamer still gets to games every now and then, and she's not black

She's called Maria isn't she? Seems to do politcally correct versions of our chants with no swearing and that.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
great thread. a bit more media would be much appreciated of course, but i'm liking what i hear, me being a foreigner and a bit on the juvenescent side

jaguars4ever

We really need to start singing this more when we play Chavski or Sheikty.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tkopQbOnE0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tkopQbOnE0</a>

jerome2158

Established Member
Does the guy in the front row with the Algerian flag still show up? I remember seeing him and his flag at every match I went to, and I could never figure out why or even how he had it. Chamakh wasn't always playing, and supposedly national flags aren't allowed in.

is there a firedrill isn't exclusive, but we seem to find ourselves singing it more often. I can remember at least one instance of celtic fans singing it to mancs at OT though.

Loken

I recall going to an away match at Portsmouth and there was a bloke with an Umbrella, then I saw him on the next week's Match Of The Day (away end)with the same umbrella. He was basically using it as like a flag :D Anybody else seen this guy or was it just a one off? :lol:

beck

Established Member
MaestroCesc said:
I hoped this thread was about our awful home support :(
why would you hope that?
58,000 for league 1 coventry
i would call that phenominal support
nobody is getting that in the league cup
i am fed up with this slant about passionate geordies mancs and scousers
the media seem to love to trot it out
i have been up there many times when they have been silent as anything and streamed out of there ground before the end.
being an away fan creates a siege mentality thus you are always noisier away than you are at home it is just the way it is.
when circumstances dictate the emirates has been noisy as anything
don,t buy this we are all silent little mice at home.
it suits a streoytype not the facts

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
beck said:
MaestroCesc said:
I hoped this thread was about our awful home support :(
why would you hope that?
58,000 for league 1 coventry
i would call that phenominal support
nobody is getting that in the league cup
i am fed up with this slant about passionate geordies mancs and scousers
the media seem to love to trot it out
i have been up there many times when they have been silent as anything and streamed out of there ground before the end.
being an away fan creates a siege mentality thus you are always noisier away than you are at home it is just the way it is.
when circumstances dictate the emirates has been noisy as anything
don,t buy this we are all silent little mice at home.
it suits a streoytype not the facts

I went to OT to watch UTD vs Fulham last season and trust me it was quiet at times. Certain sections were boisterous but the majority of the stadium was lackadasical in their vocal support. It's more a sign of who now goes to football matches, the stadium size and being all seater IMO.

Having been to watch the Arsenal several times but obviously not a regular-I have always left with my voice hoarse and this despite not knowing many of the songs. However, I will tell you that much of the time I was just enthralled to watch the action on the pitch, so much so that I couldn't have given a hoot about singing, screaming etc.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season
Top Bottom