• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal FC Vs Sunderland FC | Sun,Oct7th,12pm | Emirates Std

entropy13

Established Member
psycho said:
psycho said:
Sunderland are definately gonna try and kick us about in our own stadium. They are gonna have to answer to big bad Flamini though (its been a while before I can say that about an Arsenal player)
Sunderland player to watch : Kenwyne Jones if he plays. I can see him outmuscling Senderos and just generally giving us problems..
8))

It was Clichy who he outmuscled for him to score though. :p

lagos

Established Member
psycho said:
Nah but seriously though, bragging aside this game showed a lot about us. If anything, this game kind of exposed us a bit defensively- hopefully it is just down to lack of respect or concentration.
If I was Keane, I would be rubbing my hands with glee after witnissing giving Arsenal so much problems at home- actually dreading going to the Stadium of light.
Anyways, proud of Walcott today felt sorry for him when he didn't get his goal, he deserved it. His solo effort towards the end was marvelous. Alumnia confirmed my lack of confidence, a nice back up keeper but thats where it stays for me.
Definately a game we would have lost last season. We have slightly improved but still seeing flashbacks of last season.

If you saw the post-match interview, he was

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

entropy13 said:
psycho said:
psycho said:
Sunderland are definately gonna try and kick us about in our own stadium. They are gonna have to answer to big bad Flamini though (its been a while before I can say that about an Arsenal player)
Sunderland player to watch : Kenwyne Jones if he plays. I can see him outmuscling Senderos and just generally giving us problems..
8))

It was Clichy who he outmuscled for him to score though. :p
Yeh but even Petit and Mac said Senderos got bullied today. He also caused us many problems so I was on the money :)
I love being right...sorry...

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

lagosgooner said:
psycho said:
Nah but seriously though, bragging aside this game showed a lot about us. If anything, this game kind of exposed us a bit defensively- hopefully it is just down to lack of respect or concentration.
If I was Keane, I would be rubbing my hands with glee after witnissing giving Arsenal so much problems at home- actually dreading going to the Stadium of light.
Anyways, proud of Walcott today felt sorry for him when he didn't get his goal, he deserved it. His solo effort towards the end was marvelous. Alumnia confirmed my lack of confidence, a nice back up keeper but thats where it stays for me.
Definately a game we would have lost last season. We have slightly improved but still seeing flashbacks of last season.

If you saw the post-match interview, he was
Yeh I saw that smirk on his face. Rarely see that after a loss...from Keane aswell. Like I just said, I think this performance may have exposed us a bit.

gunner321

I reckon this was a wake up call, keep the players feet on the ground and we will be stronger for it. With Gallas and Rosicky back soon as well I think this will renew our focus. Maybe a blessing in disguise before Man Utd and Liverpool, and the run of tough away games we will have.

Last season we may well have lost this or had a Portsmouth 2-2 draw situation. We showed good resolve to keep going and get the winner, the fact we conceded 2 goals is more concentration and perhaps a lack of respect, our back line is quality, if it was not teams like Man City, Blackburn away and WHU where we had not won for many many years would have exposed us.

banduan

Established Member
I'm glad I managed to see this match than follow the commentary on this thread.

The knee-jerk posts were absolutely shocking.

I do not think it is that difficult to take a few steps back and separate your personal prejudices against a player from what is happening on the pitch. But apparently it is.

True Gooner

Established Member
There were some nasty knee jerks here...there was a time when peopel wanted Gilberto to come on instead of Walcott..

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

lol you can comment on knee kerk reactions all you want but it will always be part of football.
Emotions fly, it happens.

ronitc

Robin_van_Persie_celeb_v_Sunderland_580752.jpg

lol...he looks well dodgy there.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
appaling display by our defence today. those goals shouldn't be conceded if we wants to be potential champions. that said, the linesman offside for our 3rd goal was horrendous. had it been 3-0, we would have gone on to score double digits against a shell-shocked sunderland team. that said, when they pulled level, we should really have scored alot more goals. it wasn't a good display generally by arsenal for the 20-80mins though.

mcshane deserved his red card. i can't say about his intent, but that tackle was ****ing horrible on the wrongest place. flamini was very lucky though. could see wenger was furious with his stamp.

if we are to be champions this year, we must STOP conceding stupid goals. i feel we could have stopped both goals tbh. also don't like the way we stop playing our own arsenal way after they scored their 2nd goal, and then we panic a little and try all sorts of long balls and plays which fail and fail.

sagna's haircut makes him look abit like hoyte, but not in terms of playing style obviously. he must have transfered all his hair to ade :lol:

good display by both walcott and rvp. happy to see the 2 players who haven't been at top form improving. ade's finishing still left alot to be desired. he should really have curled the ball into the bottom corner. still, when he isnt scoring goals, he is still contributing alot to our teamplay.

one other thing to commend on is that this arsenal team can be the best long range shooter team in the world. toure rvp cesc diaby all are capable of scoring superb long range shots.

and last but not least, felt sorry for the unlucky diaby who have 2 superb goals ruled off. have anyone seen diaby scored a LOW shot before?

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
tam1886 said:
Tony Montana said:
The abuse for Theo on this page is funny as hell. :lol:

https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopi ... &start=570
I see what you mean.

the gap between henry mkII and jeffers mkII is just damn thin
:roll:

you can just put in my name up there son. i admit it was mine but it wasn't far from the truth at that point eh?

to be there waiting to sink it in exposing defenders was henry-esque but that missed sitter was honestly jeffers-esque.

however i did give him credit for the assist afterwards. it was a good pass for rvp.

credit where it's due.

Legend#1

Established Member
Theo changed the game.

A game like that was needed, a reality check for the lads, that it's not all plain sailing.

Positives:

Theo
Robin
Hleb on the left
Senderos

Negatives:

Ade
Cesc
Whole defensive unit

I have a lot of faith in Theo, he looked much more confident today, deserved a goal, yes he missed a sitter, but his head didn't drop, and what a turn and pass to Robin.

Very unlucky for his effort that hit the post.

banduan

Established Member
That missed sitter by Theo was actually a hard shot to pull off. It was on his back foot at pace and he needed to either stop the ball first, swivel-shot or side foot with his back foot.

Mostarac

Established Member
Only got to watch parts of the 2nd half because of a **** stream. Very importnant win for us, but the way we won this match was not beautiful if you like or good enough at all to be honest. To give away a 2-0 lead to a mediocre at best team is not good enough if one wants to compete for the title, but luckily our players have a very good winning mentality this season which brought us another difficult win today. I think Wenger needs to make a few changes to the team in order to rest some players too who have played a lot recently in all competitions. We must play better against Bolton, and even though Bolton have been **** this season, they are not a team to under-rate at all. 3 points count the most as always, and we got them today.

Tony Montana

Established Member
Mostarac said:
Only got to watch parts of the 2nd half because of a s**t stream. Very importnant win for us, but the way we won this match was not beautiful if you like or good enough at all to be honest. To give away a 2-0 lead to a mediocre at best team is not good enough if one wants to compete for the title, but luckily our players have a very good winning mentality this season which brought us another difficult win today.

What wins titles is the points on the board. It's like saying losing and drawing to the likes of Portsmouth or Birmingham (or whoever it was) like Manure have doesn't win you titles yet they are 2 points behind us. We will continue to let in goals people. What matters is scoring more than the opposition.

banduan

Established Member
Actually Mostarac, Sunderland aren't mediocre at best. They are actually pretty good at best.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
FFS that missed sitter from theo wasn't entirely his fault, neither was it because it was hard to execute, he couldn't shoot decent or what.

i think it was just a slip on his part. nothing more than that

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider
Top Bottom