• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal-Mania.com's Match-Day Chat!

Arsene

Essentially, Arsenal-Mania Match-Day chat is an avenue by which Arsenal-Mania users can correspond is real time during matches. Due to the complications associated with hosting any such facility on our servers we have choosen to have the chat room hosted on IRC, Internal Relay Chat. It is a safe, and free way of chatting with people around the world, and we will have moderators from the forums in attendence as much as possible to help out.

To access IRC you need mirC; you can obtain it at www.mirc.com . It is 100% free: you do not need to pay, and it does not contain any spyware. Below is a quick and easy tutorial you can use to gain access to the webchat. After going through the proceedures described below you won't have to touch any more settings.

---------------------------------------

Firstly, you must download and install mirC. Once that is completed you must perform a few steps to access the Arsenal-Mania room. You will be given a box when you first start up mirC; from this point on follow the diagrams.

chat-1.GIF

chat-2.gif

chat-3.gif

chat-4.gif
chat-5.gif

One you have done all of this, click back on the 'connect' section of the cascading menu on the left, as per the next slide.

chat-6.gif

Now it is a simple process of clicking 'Connect to server', and you will, all going well, will be taken to #arsenalmania, where you will be greeted warmly by VCC and co. :wink:

As usual if there are any problems, please post so in this thread and someone will answer your question. Remember now that this has been set up next time you want to use our chat all you have to do is start up mirC and click "connect to server" and you're in. Its easy! You won't lag! Its fun, and you'll be kept up-to-date with all the Arsenal related action as it happens.

Enjoy!

edit: changed the pics to fit screen.

Adam

Established Member
Make sure you have everything set up how Arsène has shown in the diagrams - even the ticked boxes! I didn't connect first time because i forgot to uncheck those boxes.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom