Arsenal Mediawatch

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Keplaz, Nov 27, 2017.

1. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music

Yep Sky had a lot of praise for us. Gap in quality ultimately cost us but Neville in particular thought our mentality was levels above what it had been in the past.

2. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

it's fair i think the article was from Phil McNulty who cover more Liverpool and Everton. he also said we improved and showed better attitude but i think he don't like Luiz much lol.

3. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Well Luiz didn't cover himself with glory yesterday! That was my point though, the inconsistency of the headline with the text.

yousif_arsenal likes this.
  4. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

I find it really interesting the way the media was reporting the build up before the Liverpool game and the way they are reporting Sp**s' against us now.

We were going in to that game without our first choice fullbacks, Pepe not having started a game yet, Ceballos and Luiz with only one game under their belt, laca just coming back from injury, Torreira not match fit, Özil and Kola not featuring much 'cos of security issues.

Despite these issues, the gist of the articles I saw were 'this will be a test of Arsenal's quality' or 'Arsenal have to show they have improved from last season'.

Contrast that with how Sp**s are being portrayed coming in to this game. 'Sp**s haven't got any RB for this game' (they have, and even if they decide to use Dier, it is a natural position for him, Transfermarkt stats actually show he played more games as RB than AMN has played for us).

A lot is also being made about their wantaway players. Being reported in a very sympathetic way to Pochettino, and that he has a real job on his hands to get a tune out of these players. When Wenger was dealing with these issues every summer it was used as a stick to beat him and our board with.

The narrative has already been set. If Sp**s lose against us, it was only to be expected, they had so many issues to deal with. If they somehow win, Pochettino succeeded against all odds again.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  5. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

That nobhead on Talksport is in public eye again after leaving out Bergkamp in his top five Dutch players to play over here.

Riou and American_Gooner like this.
  6. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Gave Fabregas another chance to try and get back onside with Arsenal fans as well:

lamby22, Mark Tobias and Riou like this.
  7. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

It's only Durham hes a ****. VVD is int it and he aint even won the league yet.

8. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

Who was better in England, Overmars or Robben?

9. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Robben.

10. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

I would agree, just though...brilliant little player was Marc, better hair than Arjen too.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  11. Keplaz

Keplaz Well-Known Member

Robben was a major baller.

Mark Tobias and Riou like this.
  12. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

No love for the roadrunner... :(

Keplaz likes this.
  13. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Slags us off a bit too much. :confused:
    [​IMG]

14. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

My top 5 - Bergkamp, Van Dijk, RvP, Stam, Van Der Sar.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  15. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

His wifes family are Arsenal fans.

16. Highbury_2006

Highbury_2006 Village Idiot

Adrian Durham is incredibly uninteresting.

Ricardinho and Garrincha like this.
  17. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

What you have to remember about Durham is that he does this stuff for attention, and like today, it’s works.

18. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Don't know the exact numbers but I feel like Robben missed too many games through injury to really be considered a PL great even though he had his moments. Think Overmars' superior end product in England might just shade it.

19. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Wanna be Skip Bayless.

James Bond and American_Gooner like this.
  20. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

I used to fall for it years ago, he would say stuff like “Owen is better than Henry”. I used to rage. Now you know it’s just a game for callers, hits etc. Today he got Cesc to reply, it’s worked.