• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal predictions 21/22

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Make predictions about Arsenal’s 21/22 season(try to avoid obvious ones) and see how right/wrong you were at the end. Obviously laughing at people who are way off is fair game so don’t post if you can’t handle that.

I’ll start:
Holding will play the most minutes out of our cb’s
We’ll have more goals contributions from defenders than midfielders.
We’ll have more than 5 players who’ll reach double digit g/a.
Partey will score from outside the box
Elneny will get more pl minutes than Lokonga
Azeez will get his pl debut
Willian will start 10+ games
Martinelli will have better numbers(g/a) than ESR and Saka.

Tom Mix

The main prediction is where we will finish in the table and if we will win any trophies.

The transfer business has been slow and scant everywhere so it may be that a late flurry will make things better or worse for us.

What is clear is we are not challenging for the title and will struggle to get the coveted old 4th place trophy. From the teams that finished above us I can see us, under certain circumstances, overhauling Leicester, West Ham and Tottenham. But I can also see us not overhauling any and falling behind another team - Everton probably the strongest candidates for this. So our range is 5th to 9th.

On the basis that lightning won't strike again I think we'll end up above West Ham and therefore probably 7th. Our squad did underperform so if we play to our strengths we could end up as high as 5th. Brilliant.

A long run in the League Cup will be the other "highlight" of the season.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
An Arsenal player will win PFA young player of the year.

Arteta will win his first manager of the month award.

We will finish ahead of Sp**s.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Ooooh good thread. Very hard to make predictions - the transfer business at the moment seems very underwhelming but then you also feel that we have money this year and there might be some big ins if we manage to actually sell some players.

I'm going for Arsenal finishing 6th in the league, missing out on top 4 narrowly because 3rd to 8th is going to be tight again;
Liverpool win the league;
Arteta keeps his job throughout the season;
Sp**s have a disastrous season;
Arteta sticks with 4-3-3 mostly;
Emile Smith Rowe to be our player of the season;
Arsenal finish above Villa, Everton & Sp**s;
Martinelli struggles for game time;
Holding plays as much as White;
Willock keeps banging the goals with another team and Barry gets sad
Auba struggles for goals again and Laca (if he stays) becomes our first choice CF
Arsenal Mania gets a lot of our drama from the All or Nothing Documentary / Vinai still looks like a chump in it;
Tierney, Saka, ESR, Martinelli and Pepe keep me excited and watching despite constant heartache;
I optimistically put loads of Arsenal players in my fantasty league team and do terribly
Torreira is still crying in Uruguary, complaining about his lunch money

Last edited:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
With no Europe we'll finish 5th or 6th.
We'll see the same line up more than twice.
The key to our season is supplying Auba.
White will have a solid first season.
Pepe will get 15+ league goals.
Elneny will play 20+ games.
ESR will have had an England call up by the end of the season.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
  • Aubameyang will have a bounce back season and score 20 PL goals
  • Smith Rowe will make his full England debut
  • Leno will begin the season as first-choice but will lose his place for good midway through
  • Pepe will hit double figures in goals and assists
  • Tierney won't play more than 20 PL games
  • The team will concede more goals than last season
  • The midfield will score less than 5 goals

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I guessed bare sh*t right last season and I got no prize, so not playing. My two pence just to get some red cards though and thumbs down though.

- Pepe won't be a starter, he will be in and out the team.
- Lacazette outperforms Auba statistically again (if he stays)
- I don't think Arteta lasts the season
- The 10 shirt f*cks up ESR like it did Wilshere and Özil (this one I'm just kidding the rest I'm not).

That's all I've got at this point of the window.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
At this stage in the window its too early to predict for me BUT if so far = 7th.

Rollercoaster season, start off well then drop off around christmas for a while then pull it together later in the season.

Suppose what I'm saying is same as last season.

Alexs

Xhaka will start the season. Arteta will lose the first 6 games and be sacked. We’ll finish 4th, 9 places above Tottenham.

Pepe sorry @hydrofluoric acid is going to have a screamer of a season.

Our Tets getting the boot by xmas.

Finishing 5th with Roberto

Martinelli will become of age

Well if Pepe decide to improve from all of my well structured criticism I think he can become top top player. Not only that but I think he will also be recruited by Looney Tunes when they have to play football against alien monsters to save the selves.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We will not address the key issues we are discussing now.
Xhaka leaves.
There will be a last gasp signing to lift the supporters come transfer window's end.
We will have a poor start to the season
The team will stabilise and we will get back to our grinding to a result ways ala old school Stoke.
Arteta makes it to the Christmas run.
Strong January rumours for a needed position, but nothing happens.
The team looks in the mix for a 4th placed finish into March.
The team falls short and finishes 5th/6th, but its another 5 point game between 4 and 8.
Arteta leaves the club by mutual consent.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think we'll end up around 6th. Doubt we'll end up top four, but I think we will improve on 8th.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil

Latest posts

Top Bottom