• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal pride and Wenger prejudice / 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ali adili

The Ashly Cole affair should raise some questions , which is why it was left so late that there can be no room for manoeuvres ? or was arranged from the beginning , also what has Arsenal gained from all that , as they earlier rated Cole for about ₤25 millions so does Gallas worth ₤17 millions ?, is it reasonable to swap a 24 years old , one of the best left backs in the world with a, though good, but an over thirty years old defender, with only ₤8 millions, while Wenger found it too much to pay ₤8-10 million for the young and excellent Curtis Davis ?, at one stage Chelsea were willing to pay around ₤20 millions for Cole so why did Arsenal refuse where they could have signed the much wanted and admired Davis as Wenger himself hinted, which would have been a better deal with a better profit ?, and couldn’t Wenger convince Cole to stay for at least one season or even till January, and the same for Campbell; till his young defenders become ready for the job ?, we all remember how he was deadly keen to keep Anelka , Vieira, and Henry , doesn’t Cole deserve to be treated like those stars, or rated as highly as the rebellious Anelka who has never succeeded any where ? and is it a mere coincident that abruptly Gallas fall off with Chelsea and Mourinoh only, when Arsenal were looking for a central defender ?, the only convincing answer to all those questions is simply Wenger’s bias for the French against the English , many people would be outraged by that conclusion , but a quite and reasonable reading of events would lead to that , it is simple and clear , replacing the talented Englishman Cole with the less talented Frenchman Clishy and the on the verge of retirement Englishman Campbell with the on the verge of retirement Frenchman Gallas , it is undeniable that to Wenger credit several excellent signings , but does that give him immunity from questioning the bad ones .
As for Cole , it will turn up that he made a big mistake , certainly for a player leave a club searching for a better options is not at all wrong , but the approach is questionable , the pivotal Vieira , left the club , yet still very much respected by every body particularly the Arsenal fans , while for Cole the case will be different , on the other hand it will be hard for him to get along with the Peacock Mourinho , who believes that he is the God of football and that he owns the fate of his players , whether resurrection or destruction , besides that Cole will not get the support and tolerance , he received at Arsenal , for at Stamford bridge he will probably be another one in the big squad of stars , just like another Jaguar in a gallery of Jaguars and Ferraris, yet it is all the best wishes for him .

Ali Adili
aliadili12@yahoo.com
Baghdad - Iraq

Lukazan

Established Member
Gallas isn't over 30 and Cole isn't 24... nor is Gallas on the verge of retirement.

I think swapping 'the best LB in the world' who doesn't want to be at our club for one of the best CBs in the world was a very good move yes.

And again dude, this isn't really an article... why do you persist on posting in this section of the forum when none of your posts are articles!?

yoinkster

bwahahahaha
"Wenger’s bias for the French against the English"
*ACHTOO*
sorry, im allergic to bullshit, its more wenger bias for the talented and motivated against the grumpy assholes.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I love your conspiracy theories, will you do an article on who really killed Kennedy next time out?

Cole went because he wanted to go, in his stead we have signed one of the world's greatest central defenders. If that is bias, it's only bias in favour of quality players who want to play for Arsenal. And in that case, Arsène can be as biased as he likes (and I'm english).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom